• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

LOTE Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Lote fast running out of friends.

From AAP

While Hickey again emphasised the possibility of legal action prevented him from talking in detail about the reasons behind Tuqiri's dismissal, he backed the Australian Rugby Union's handling of the situation.

"I think the ARU has handled the whole process very professionally," Hickey said.

Anyone who's heard the truth seems to think the ARU are top blokes.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I reckon we should remove the thread. He is no longer a rugby player. Bye bye Lote.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
can we remover Lote from the messages icon?
Now that Lote's gone it falls to the second most prolific talker in the modern game...

R

rugbywhisperer

Yeah but at least we understood LT - but good choice all the same

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
Yeah but at least we understood LT - but good choice all the same
But just imagine, when you try to send a message, it gets randomly translated into a Bible quote, has the syntax all fucked up and has a dose of paranoia added for good measure. Then gets randomly sent to some other Scarf member. Almost the perfect encryption system.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Spook said:
I reckon they'd all go if it were true.

why? Sex isn't illegal. I can understand a warning, or a 3rd or 4th strike and you're out, but a first offence? Pfft.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
A week too late

Rugby
RUPA CEO Tony Dempsey announces investigation into Tuqiri sacking

By Ed Jackson
July 08, 2009

Player concerns have forced the Rugby Union Players' Association (RUPA) to launch an investigation into the circumstances surrounding Wallabies winger Lote Tuqiri's sacking.

RUPA chief executive Tony Dempsey says several senior Wallabies, including captain Stirling Mortlock, were concerned by Tuqiri's sacking and want answers as to why his contract with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) was terminated.

Dempsey said the association had received sufficient evidence to raise concerns over whether the ARU's and New South Wales Rugby Union's conduct was a breach of the collective bargaining agreement those unions hold with RUPA.

"I have spoken to the captain of the Wallabies and many from the Wallabies team and they have genuine concerns about the manner in which Lote's sacking has been handled by the ARU and NSWRU," Dempsey said on Wednesday.

"An 'iron curtain' has descended on relations between the players and senior management of the ARU. Players feel fearful and intimidated of the ARU. We need to restore trust and credibility with the game's administrators."

Dempsey wouldn't reveal what evidence RUPA had been made aware of but denied he knew the full story behind Tuqiri's sacking.

He said the association had contacted the ARU to make them aware of the investigation but had been unable to speak to ARU chief executive John O'Neill.

Dempsey said he was not sure if the sacking related to a personal vendetta against Tuqiri but he hoped that wasn't the case.

The investigation will be headed up by a yet-to-be-named "high-profile" retired judge with Dempsey saying any evidence of a breach in the collective bargaining agreement would result in legal action by RUPA against the ARU.

Dempsey said he had no fears about such a move damaging relations between the players' association and the sport's governing body, claiming the lack of contact before Tuqiri's sacking highlighted an already poor relationship.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Dempsey's pissed that J'On didn't contact him before giving Tuqiri's the arse, could be interesting.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I love the fact that Demo is getting all hair-chested and saying that RUPA are going to investigate the situation but in the next breath says he really doesn't know what happened!!!

So no-one apart from the JO'N and Lote knows what happened, is that it?

Lote has gone off the PNG so I reckon the fun is about to start.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
This is getting out of control.

Coach knows what happened and agrees.

Players haven't been officially told what happened and must disagree.

Just when we had the Tri-Nations and Bledisloe in the bag.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
if the rumour was true, the fact that no media have been able to make an alleged allegation yet disproves it.

if they had some fun at crown, there is so many cameras that they would be able to see the alleged parties enter a room or at least walk down a corridor, also, crown is owned by packer who still has ins at channel nine who have the great danny wilder, so getting the images would be no trouble. then you haver the party invovled with the players etc etc, if any of that is true, then JON deserves credit for a cover up of epic scale!

Status
Not open for further replies.