• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

McMinimum GAAAWWWWWWWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Ash said:
$410k is a theorectical figure that would never be reached. No-one plays anywhere all tests and all S14 matches in a year. And I would suspect that the "allowances" inclusion is more than a little dodgy as well.

But being said, $175k seems low, but it's hard to compare. I'd like to know what, say, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Hynes, Shepherd, Mitchell, Turner, etc are on in comparison, not to mention Tahu and Tuqiri to get an idea if that is fair.

3M leaving is just sad and depressing. But nothing that us Reds fans aren't already used to.

Elsom heading to the Brumbies? That's just a kick in the teeth. The Brumbies migration from great talent spotters / developers to great poachers is nearly complete.

How would Elsom be a poach from the Reds? He has never played there. He actually approached the Brumbies if the reports are accurate. I think he should be playing for QLD in terms of fairness but the Brumbies would be mad to turn down a player of his calibre.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
think of this way.
QLD: are a team that can't get there shit together
Force: fucked coach no players
NSW: been there done that. they've gone backwards since i've left. not the same coach, maybe even a worse coach.
Brumbies: Andy Friend, George Smith, Matt G, Moore, Mortlock, etc.
they have a history of winning and playing awesome rugby. there on that path again. lots and lots and lots of layers from all round the world want to come and play for the brumbies. There are reasons for that.

Brumbies are like the saders of australia. or man utd.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Spook said:
How would Elsom be a poach from the Reds? He has never played there. He actually approached the Brumbies if the reports are accurate. I think he should be playing for QLD in terms of fairness but the Brumbies would be mad to turn down a player of his calibre.

It wouldn't be (a poach from the Reds). But the cynic in me wonders why Rocky would approach the Brumbies himself when less money is on offer than the Tahs and Reds. Sounds a little too good to be true.

I still suspect that Rocky will end up back at the Tahs, personally.

Bit miffed at the Brumbies having plenty of players I'd like to see on the park every week (assuming the signature of J'OC, and I think that's where J'OC would further his career the most and he'd be silly not to go). In that light, I wouldn't mind the Brumbies being nudged to release a few players that wouldn't make the 22, but would make the run on of other sides.

But geez, if the Brumbies get Rocky and J'OC, they'd be a side to be reckoned with. If only Gerrard had stayed.

Back on a digressed topic.

Someone mentioned Van Humphries. Anyone else noticed how poor he was in the last third of the season? I thought he should've been dropped.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think you have hit the nail fair and square. Certainly, the ARU takeover improved the NSWRUs' position greatly, but it did not address the critical need to cut the professional elite (i.e. the Tahs) loose. I think O'Neill, if he had his time again) would have done that to the NSWRU while it was run by the ARU.

Splitting the amateur and semi-professional from the professional should be a condition of any outside assistance to the QRU.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Separate the QRU from the S14 side, the Tahs need the same.

You can't run a businesses by committee.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And that's the plan with the 5th team. So the ARU take over the QRU and do the same.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
fatprop said:
Separate the QRU from the S14 side, the Tahs need the same.

You can't run a businesses by committee.

What is a camel?

A thoroughbred racehorse designed and built by a committee.

S

Spook

louie said:
Brumbies are like the saders of australia. or man utd.

Careful Louie. Brumby fans, which I asume you are, are humble and sincere :thumb

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i know what you mean spook. i'm just trying to make a point about what happens when you create a culture not just a team

Status
Not open for further replies.