• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mealamu headbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I just saw footage of this and it looks pretty intentional to me, but I see a lot of kiwis claiming otherwise. Do you think they have a case?

[video=youtube;1yE2Ky0awsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yE2Ky0awsA[/video]

He's been cited for it and I can't see how he wouldn't cop a ban with the English media watching on.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I don't think it is as bad as Bakkies's butt. Moody had the ball and Mealamu grabs his jersey, leads with his shoulder and contacts his back and head. Probably still a few weeks off but.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't think it is as bad as Bakkies's butt. Moody had the ball and Mealamu grabs his jersey, leads with his shoulder and contacts his back and head. Probably still a few weeks off but.

I see no difference. Grabbed the back of the jersey and drove his head into the back of the Poms' head.

He'll get less becuase he doesn't have the seven volumes of offenses that Bakkies does.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dunno I think that looked pretty bad, bye bye Europe he'll get 4 weeks or more for that. That leaves Hika Elliot as 1st choice I think?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
He didn't get carded during the match, did he? IMO, if players don't get sent off during the match itself they should get an extra week of suspension.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
He'll get four weeks, and deserve more.

Mind you, given that it's Lewis Moody's head he butted, he can count himself lucky not to have a fractured skull...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He'll get four weeks, and deserve more.

Mind you, given that it's Lewis Moody's head he butted, he can count himself lucky not to have a fractured skull...

While we penalise time and not games, anymore time means little, his season is over.

I have always thought it should be a penalties in terms of games of the same quality or higher.

So Kev could get the say 6 "first class" matches , so he would miss the 3 tests and the first three S15 matches.

Instead he will just miss the tests only

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Even as a huge Mealamu fan, it's hard to dispute that he shouldn't get some sort of ban. There's been suggestions that there were remarks made about Kev's family - given he's probably one of the cleaner players in the game, it maust have been pretty inflammatory if true.

I think the guy who elbowed McCaw should have been cited as well. It's almost identical to Kev's indescretion but he uses his elbow/forearm instead of his head.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
I reckon it was worse than bukkies' head but. If he doesn't get the same as bakkies, I know the harpies will go nuts!!!! It's been a while since we've heard from PDV. I'm looking forward to that laugh.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Even as a huge Mealamu fan, it's hard to dispute that he shouldn't get some sort of ban. There's been suggestions that there were remarks made about Kev's family - given he's probably one of the cleaner players in the game, it maust have been pretty inflammatory if true.

I think the guy who elbowed McCaw should have been cited as well. It's almost identical to Kev's indescretion but he uses his elbow/forearm instead of his head.

Do you believe those suggestions?

I personally think that Moody was making a right nusiance of himself and both Kev and Kaino let him know about it with a little extra treatment. Extra treatment happens all the time, but Kev got cited and will get a rest most probably.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watching it live, it looked fairly bad, as was the English hookers (Hartley?) shot on McCaw. Kev should get a holiday for that as it looked intentional.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Do you believe those suggestions?

I personally think that Moody was making a right nusiance of himself and both Kev and Kaino let him know about it with a little extra treatment. Extra treatment happens all the time, but Kev got cited and will get a rest most probably.

I really don't know. Depends who is doing the 'suggesting' really...lol.

But again, it's not really something that Kevin is known for or takes part in so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something done or said to provoke him. Can't see how he won't get some kind of ban.

Surely Hartley's elbow deserved to be cited though?? Thorne definitely took exception :D

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)

Hartley should get 4 weeks also that was a deliberate elbow to the head.

Are you serious? I dont think Moody noticed that anything had happened. He didnt even rub the back of his head.

Moody was groggy & had to assisted by the trainer I'm pretty sure he felt it. Both Hartley & Kev should miss the next four matches as both actions are very dangerous.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Fact is he did it in the heat of the moment like Bakkies do so often. It happen from time to time with most players and should take his penalty and move on. Wont make him a shittier rugby player or person. Vokken shame how people can tag one moment of madness and tag the player / person. Hard luck Kevin, good time to recondition for the WC next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.