• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Any details on injuries or train ons performing well? Not the kind of game you get much more out of.
Was close for the first 20 minutes, Axemen really up for it, but once the Rebels started winning the race at the breakdown they ran away with it.

New winger (Lancaster I think) was knocked out by a collision at around the 20 minute mark, other than that no injuries that stood out.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Was close for the first 20 minutes, Axemen really up for it, but once the Rebels started winning the race at the breakdown they ran away with it.

New winger (Lancaster I think) was knocked out by a collision at around the 20 minute mark, other than that no injuries that stood out.
That's a concern about Lancaster.

Was awesome at the u20 WC but also had some concussion issues if I recall.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Anderson and McMahon aside 7s hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us: lots of injury issues from the boys we've brought through.

I'm still not too worried about back 3 even with Pincus's horrible history and Darby and concussions. G Vaihu seemed to have a very good QPR season, Dauganu is a good pick up, if needed Strachan can probably play full back and Kells can play wing.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Anderson and McMahon aside 7s hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us: lots of injury issues from the boys we've brought through.

I'm still not too worried about back 3 even with Pincus's horrible history and Darby and concussions. G Vaihu seemed to have a very good QPR season, Dauganu is a good pick up, if needed Strachan can probably play full back and Kells can play wing.
Yeh back 3 sorted. Even Ripley at a pinch could play wing

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Well done Wyatt Ballenger (Marcellin collecge/Racing/Quins i think) & Joey Fowler (Narrabri/Sydney Uni)

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 11.05.00 am.jpg

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Days like today make you realise how far rugby is behind footy. You see the crowd watching Collingwood train and it would have been a far larger crowd than the Rebels played infront of all year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So, train ons are:

Finau-Vea and Nabolakasi, both loose forwards? from the Axemen

Luke Callan, the "ex" - Force lock, and

Fainga'anuku, Ex Moana Pasifika, NZ-Sevens, and Tonga international

Anything I missed or got wrong?