• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising V Perth Spirit, 11 September @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Week 7, so a buttload of assignments and mid semester tests in.

Bitch week is what I call it. No one else does. :p

Group assignments make it even worse.

Urrrrh...I feel your pain. That's one thing I don't miss about postgrad - syndicate teams. The amount of times I would wait around for people to not show up for meetings, not submit contributions and then rock up at submission and expect their name to be on the cover sheet blew my mind. Why bother enrolling if you're not going to do the work? I was lucky with exams, only ever had to do three in all of my postgrads. I hate exams :(

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Baldric will go down. He might see if Baldric Jnr want to come too. Just hope I dont give them the kiss of death now.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Should be a gimme for the Rising.

1. Joe Savage (Palmyra)
2. Harry Scoble (UWA)
3. Chris Heiberg (Perth Bayswater)
4. Rory Walton (Wests Scarborough)
5. Brent Murphy (Perth Bayswater)
6. Brynard Stander (Nedlands)
7. Richard Hardwick (UWA)
8. Alex Rovira (Associates)
9. Justin Turner (Associates)
10. Dillyn Leyds (Palmyra)
11. Nili Fielea (Cottesloe)
12. Luke Burton (UWA)
13. Ammon Matuauto (Associates)
14. Brad Lacey (Wests Scarborough)
15. Zack Holmes (Associates)

Reserves
16. Robbie Abel (Cottesloe)
17. Alec Hepburn (Cottesloe)
18. Oliver Hoskins (Cottesloe)
19. Corey Thomas (UWA)
20. Kane Koteka (Wests Scarborough)
21. Michael Ruru (Nedlands)
22. Davis Tavita (Nedlands)
23. Va’a Mailei (Palmyra)

http://www.westernforce.com.au/article/perth-spirit-ready-melbourne-rising#sthash.aQvWYXlX.dpuf

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
After the last time we thought this about a Perth-based team, I will NEVER take anything for granted against the sandgropers. Still, we do look strong :)

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
After the last time we thought this about a Perth-based team, I will NEVER take anything for granted against the sandgropers. Still, we do look strong :)

Yeah, I'm still nervous.

We've seen one Rising player signed for the Rebels this week, means the development is going well...and the more they become like Rebels, the sooner they'll start dropping winnable games :p

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
After that Bris City effort - I'm nervous!! It seems the week in - week out toll of this level of rugby has drained the non-Super Rugby players - only need to be a few % off your game to get smoked. Hopefully that doesnt happen this week when it is televised......

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm taking advantage of the free tix offer to take a couple of AFL fans along tonight. Hoping for a good game and a Rising win.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rising look to be a whole lot stronger than the Spirit, but a similar Spirit outfit took care of the Brumbies-laden Vikings in Round 1, so beware. Interesting that Zack Holmes is playing 15. Can't say I have seen him in that role previously.

Paul Alo-Emile is coming along nicely at THP and is surely moving up the pecking order Wouldn't surprise me to see him brought into the Wallabies' training squad some time soon.

Rising to win fairly easily I think. Perhaps by around 15 - 20.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rising look to be a whole lot stronger than the Spirit, but a similar Spirit outfit took care of the Brumbies-laden Vikings in Round 1, so beware. Interesting that Zack Holmes is playing 15. Can't say I have seen him in that role previously.

Paul Alo-Emile is coming along nicely at THP and is surely moving up the pecking order Wouldn't surprise me to see him brought into the Wallabies' training squad some time soon.

Rising to win fairly easily I think. Perhaps by around 15 - 20.

Paul is a formidable scrimmager and isn't making the handling errors in general play that he used to. Maybe his fitness has improved? I expect him to give Laurie a run for his money next season.

T

Train Without a Station

I hope the Rising beat them by 100 so the Perth locals join in with some of the Brisbanites and complain about them being given a leg up too!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
FWIW I'll be down at the PO Hotel with KevinO prior to kick-off, somewhere between 5:30 and 6. If you're interested come down for a pint/chat.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Open your preferences and scroll down to your flagship team. Then enter the following Hex codes:

hex codes for rising flag.JPG

I saw Text started the discussion over in the NRC thread and some icons were created, however they haven'r added an option for an NRC team yet. This will do jsut fine for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.