• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising V Perth Spirit, 11 September @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Jeez I even threw in a current Waratah so it would be relevant to you.

Yes the best players should be playing but the limit of 16 players stops teams warehousing players. The only team that has 3 Super Rugby players in one position is the Rising and it's because apparently Meehan was unwanted by other teams.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
If part of the Western Force's plan for 2015 is that they limit the travel of some of their players then that seems perfectly reasonable.

It's not ideal but it's hardly unexpected.

The Super Rugby players are part of their squad and will be training (if healthy) even if they're not selected each week.

Plenty of the other teams are limiting the involvement of Super Rugby players as well.
Yep fair enough but, isn't it a shame that they decide to rest their best players on one of the weeks their game is on the telly? I'd like to think that all of the teams are on board when it comes to showing off the quality of the NRC.

I actually expected Rising to rest a couple more players this week but they have pretty close to a full strength team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yes. I would agree with that. It would be nice if they'd picked some more Super Rugby players for the TV game.

That said, maybe they have a couple of injuries and certainly some of their Wallabies who had been released in one previous game are now playing for the Wallabies or not released (Godwin).

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
8-0 to the Spirit after 14 minutes.

Seems like the Spirit might cope ok without most of their Super Rugby players

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
25 minutes gone. 8-8
Try scorers: Alex Rovira (Spirit), Lopeti Timani (Rising)
Conversions 1/1 for Holmes and Debreczeni

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's stupid, the players can barely put words together as they're all out of breath, there's a 5 second window and there's no insight at all

masai

Frank Nicholson (4)
Jonah Placid's got some serious explosiveness. That right foot step to set up the try is on par with the best of Quade Cooper.

Devastating to see him go off injured from the same play. Really hope he doesn't go the way of Toua, et al.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Keep em coming please as I am stuck in a hotel with either Mungo or cross country volleyball (AFL) on... If there was a sharp knife???? aaarrgghhh Scores please!!!!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Brad Lacey chases a Turner box kick and snatches a run-against-the-play try, 18-16 Rising

And a yellow card to the Spirit. Could turn ugly here.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
26 - 16 @ 56

Poor old Spirit's scrum is put under pressure with their man in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.