• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rugby Pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
To that point, can we disqualify any venue that doesn't serve Guinness?

I mean, that's a war crime.

LOL, Guiness in Melbourne (Australia) taste crap anyway. Beer is the criteria not going to push for everyone's taste buds or who we will never agree.

T

tranquility

This thread is a few years old now..

What are the best current rugby pubs in Melbourne?

Cheers

T

Train Without a Station

Botanical Hotel on Domain Road is pushing itself pretty hard as a Rugby Pub.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To follow up on the Sydney version of this - Pubs in Melbourne dedicated to rugby.
Brunswick/East Brunswick - East Brunswick club is showing every single rugby world cup game. they have two dedicated big screen tvs

anyone else know of others post them up.

It should be mentioned that the East Brunswick Club sadly closed down a couple of years ago.........

T

Train Without a Station

It should be mentioned that Brunswick is a hole so who wants to go there anyway. Get yourselves South of the Yarra!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
South of the Yarra could mean anything, TWAS! The Great Northern on Rathdowne St was my old local and you can't fault it as a watering hole.

Huge range of quality beers, competent kitchen, rugby and afl on the tvs (and it's a mere stone's throw from Brunswick!)

T

tranquility

South of the Yarra could mean anything, TWAS! The Great Northern on Rathdowne St was my old local and you can't fault it as a watering hole.

Huge range of quality beers, competent kitchen, rugby and afl on the tvs (and it's a mere stone's throw from Brunswick!)

I think I might have a winner!

Reactions: Tex

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I missed this post........

Great Northern shows Super Rugby?! :eek:

I'm so there.............

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I missed this post....

Great Northern shows Super Rugby?! :eek:

I'm so there.....

GNH is literally in the Carlton heartland so sometimes getting airspace when there's a blockbuster AFL game can be tricky, but I've never had trouble getting one of the TVs switched to Super Rugby. Staff are chilled and happy to accommodate.

All major Wallaby tests last year got preferential treatment on the big screens (i.e. Lions and All Black tests).

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
For us easties the Palace Camberwell will always put the Rugby on. They put the Super Rugby final up on the big screen last year, despite the protests of the AFL fans in the room. Further out the Burvale have enough TVs and are happy to put it up, but you're only likely to get it on one of the small TVs. Palace is my pick as it has decent Beer (even Vale Ale on tap) and great pub grub.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
...and the Corner!

I've got a couple of family things to manage this evening so will be having a froth at the Corner prior, but am definitely keen to meet up at one of the Richmond venues in the early rounds of the comp.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Since no one could decide were at the PO Hotel. Come over for a beer tex, you won't be able to miss us. KevinO is here too.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'll look for a sweaty prop hitting it up and a bloke wearing an Irish jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.