• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Michael Foley should do the honourable thing and resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Well Eddie Jones has been telling the media that more English coaches should coach in the SH if they want to coach at international level. He has our back.

Of course, the chances any major English coaches are likely to listen to him are slim to none.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jamie Pandaran's got the answer:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11628587

Hmmmmmmm: Munster, Harlequins or Force? Tough call!

EDIT: looks like it won't be Munster, PR are reporting that Erasmus has got that gig. Can't see TB going to Perth, tho, esp if he has ambitions to be part of the AB setup post-Shag: Force need someone willing to put in 2-3 years of hard graft rebuilding the joint so that it survives the next TV rights deal/ Super Rugby expansion, not someone using it as a stepping stone to higher honours.

Reactions: gel

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^there are so many points of interest in that one article that you could keep an internet forum fuelled for a decade of discussion.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well Eddie Jones has been telling the media that more English coaches should coach in the SH if they want to coach at international level. He has our back.

Of course, the chances any major English coaches are likely to listen to him are slim to none.
Lancaster wants a job, but i heard his record sucked before getting the english job

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Is Blackadder any good? Based on 8 years of being in charge of the worlds greatest rugby factory, including having the key nexus of the ABs and he's won nothing, you'd have to say no.

I know it's like Trevor Gunston kicking the supermodel out, but I don't think we want him.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It feels to me like the ARU aren't going to sling us enough cash to buy a world class coach. So we need to do it the hard way. Find a youngish coach who is creating a culture around him and give him the keys. Really couldn't get any worse.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This is the truly stunning thing:

The Force's current coach Michael Foley has been in charge since 2013 and has won just 30 per cent of his games. He took over after leading the NSW Waratahs to their worst season on record.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It feels to me like the ARU aren't going to sling us enough cash to buy a world class coach. So we need to do it the hard way. Find a youngish coach who is creating a culture around him and give him the keys. Really couldn't get any worse.

I reckon that there might be some good young coaches in South Africa who will have their way blocked by racial quotas who would be interested and might be a good fit. We'd need one of our SA contributors to assist with possible candidates.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I reckon that there might be some good young coaches in South Africa who will have their way blocked by racial quotas who would be interested and might be a good fit. We'd need one of our SA contributors to assist with possible candidates.
Might need to be a bit creative with the visa application to get them over

http://www.aru.com.au/runningrugby/sportsvisa

Australian Rugby Union will only endorse nominations under Temporary Work visa (subclass 401) in Sport stream to “play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract”, where, in the assessment of ARU:

1. the Nominated Person, has the ability to play, coach or instruct at the Australian national level

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Might need to be a bit creative with the visa application to get them over

http://www.aru.com.au/runningrugby/sportsvisa

Australian Rugby Union will only endorse nominations under Temporary Work visa (subclass 401) in Sport stream to “play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract”, where, in the assessment of ARU:

1. the Nominated Person, has the ability to play, coach or instruct at the Australian national level

The key word there being "ability".;)

It would be the same visa as Jake White received?

Status
Not open for further replies.