• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mongrel – what is it? who has it? is it warranted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJ

It's hard to find a Silvertail with mongrel these days, there's too many blokes with a private school education :fishing

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It's hard to find a Silvertail with mongrel these days, there's too many blokes with a private school education :fishing

I find that the private system produces much harder men nowadays. Political correctness has made the public system a haven for nimbys and lesbians. Corporal punishment is right off the agenda. Soft.

C

centreman

The perception of being a mongrel is often more important than what you actually do.
Justin Harrison and Owen Finnegan were always perceived by me to add that mongrel to the pack but when I look back I cant remember too many incidents to back that up. Maybe Harrisons stoush with Austin Healy during the Lions tour but that was mostly sledging.
I saw Harrison play a game for Bath whilst in the UK a few years ago and he did seem to be always niggling the opposition and provoking scuffles maybe thats what being a mongrel is.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

I find that the private system produces much harder men nowadays. Political correctness has made the public system a haven for nimbys and lesbians. Corporal punishment is right off the agenda. Soft.

Mediocrity would be the word I would use Groucho. Dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator (and I say this as a product of the state school system). My kids will be going private at high school level if we can afford it. Maybe then my son will come to the correct realisation that rugby is the one true game.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
T78 Is that the one where Johnson got sin binned because stringer started on him.

And tbh he cant be killed, i thought his international career was over but guess what happened

That's the one. About three punches from Johnson in, with Stringer still unbothered, you could see Johnson thinking, "What the fuck is going on here...?"

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh stringer what a lad, he is the only hope i carry for me becoming a pro.

If he can make it I still think i can make it lol

Although I dont think I could take three punches from Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.