• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NEW DEVELOPMENTS AT THE SCARF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Guys - great news that you're up for the merger. I reckon it turns us into the powerhouse of Aussie Rugby opinion!

You've have done a great job in setting the tone of TYS and keeping it stocked with smart rugby discussion. That's exactly how we want to keep it.

While you'll be able to use the forum in exactly the same way as before, I reckon the power in the move will be really integrating so that over time it's just one big group sharing ideas across both.

As Scarfie mentioned the blog also offers a few opportunities:
  • If you've got a few articles in you it's a good format
  • For hot gossip that needs to stay anonymous we've got: "We have our Sauces"
    • One of our key posters Juan Cote managed to get media accreditation with the QRU on the back of GAGR and now sits in the press box chugging beer and pies with the journo's!

Drop me a line if you're interested in any of that or have any ideas - they're always welcome.

Gagger (Matt)

PS - Lindommer, I am NOT a Pom! I wash once a week whether I need it or not!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Scarfman said:
And as far as I am concerned, it is still important that we maintain friendly and open relations with posters from outside of Australia.

No! Fuckem. Dirty Jaarpies. Stinky Kiwis. Slimey green Paddys! Horrible Pom inbred island dwelling scum.

We do'nt need them! We're Australians!

O0

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Some of us are at any rate.

There is a mod spot open - I have graciously decided to step down, given that (A) there has been less moderation on here than whole other threads in other forums I could name (but won't); and (B) I barely have time to post, much less witch-hunt the idiots ;)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Let me take this opportunity of thanking Nicko for being an outstanding mod and admin. NTA was instrumental in helping to recuit members back in September 2007, and he selflessly came to the rescue when we had some tech issues last year.

Cheers cuzzy bro. :salute

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
Some of us are at any rate.

There is a mod spot open - I have graciously decided to step down, given that (A) there has been less moderation on here than whole other threads in other forums I could name (but won't); and (B) I barely have time to post, much less witch-hunt the idiots ;)
Good work Boet, hope you dont disappear. :thumb

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
PaarlBok said:

I hope not, too. He's still frontrunner for the NTA Award in 2009.

Oddly enough, Lee Grant's computer trouble might actually put him in contention for the Lee Grant Award (2nd Most Knowledgeable Poster).

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
PaarlBok said:

I hope not, too. He's still frontrunner for the NTA Award in 2009.

Oddly enough, Lee Grant's computer trouble might actually put him in contention for the Lee Grant Award (2nd Most Knowledgeable Poster).
Was wondering what happened to him. ??? Hope he'll fix that blikbrein out in two ticks!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Scarfman said:
Was wondering what happened to him? Hope he'll fix that blikbrein out in two ticks!

I'm sitting with His Ancientness tomorrow night, he's got two tickets in the gods at Homebush. I offered him my notebook some time ago but he declined.

I shall report on his condition, if he's still alive that is. :-X :-X :-X

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
As one who hangs around the periphery I appreciate the opportunity to have decent rugby conversation with knowlegable posters. Thanks Scarfy & Co, all improvements highly applauded.

I am missing LG though, and look forward to his reports on Fitzy's debut. Talent spotter extrodinaire!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Well, we're live on the new domain and new theme. Please post in this thread if anything isn't working... or if you find somewhere that the new theme looks ordinary etc..

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't mind the new look. Slightly prefer the old look, but that's due to familiarity. When you hit "reply", though, it goes back to the old one ;)

One suggestion - there's a row of big icons along the top (profile, pm, etc). Can we get some text on them? It's sorta non-obvious, and having to mouse over sucks.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Ash said:
Don't mind the new look. Slightly prefer the old look, but that's due to familiarity.
Lindommer was finding the new theme a bit harder to read so I've made the old theme available to members who so choose. To activate this, go into your profile (leftmost icon under the banner), choose "Look and Layout preferences" in the left panel, then find "Current Theme: Green and Gold Rugby" and click on "change", scroll down to "The Yellow Scarf" and click "use this theme". You can change back to the gagr theme at any time.

Ash said:
When you hit "reply", though, it goes back to the old one ;)
I'm struggling to replicate the reply bug - can you try refreshing your browser by pressing Ctrl-F5 which will force all the backend files to be downloaded again.

Ash said:
One suggestion - there's a row of big icons along the top (profile, pm, etc). Can we get some text on them? It's sorta non-obvious, and having to mouse over sucks.
I'm keen to replace those icons with something more rugby related, suggestions are welcome. I thought profile could be a logo of Drew with a vanity mirror.. or something along those lines. I just added tooltips as a temporary help to the current icons, if you hover your mouse on them they'll tell you what they do.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Moses said:
Ash said:
When you hit "reply", though, it goes back to the old one ;)
I'm struggling to replicate the reply bug - can you try refreshing your browser by pressing Ctrl-F5 which will force all the backend files to be downloaded again.

Ahhh OK, reply now goes to the new look for me as well.

Moses said:
Ash said:
I'm keen to replace those icons with something more rugby related, suggestions are welcome. I thought profile could be a logo of Drew with a vanity mirror.. or something along those lines. I just added tooltips as a temporary help to the current icons, if you hover your mouse on them they'll tell you what they do.

"Logout" is missing its tool tip, apart from that the tool tips make the buttons understandable, which is good.

An an extra thing, there's been an artefact on these forums for a little while now - sometimes when I was the last poster, and someone replies to my post, it fails to say "NEW" next to the thread.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lindommer said:
I'm sitting with His Ancientness tomorrow night, he's got two tickets in the gods at Homebush. I offered him my notebook some time ago but he declined.

I shall report on his condition, if he's still alive that is. :-X :-X :-X

HE'S STILL ALIVE. And he's got a new cute little kitten to play with at home. It arrived, mysteriously, under his chair at about the 77th minute mark. ::) ::) ::)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Me three.

I've modified the quick login in the header - it didn't have the session length option... now when you log in just have that set as 'Forever' and it should stay logged in.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Think you got the colours wrong on the new one. To much gold and to less green for my liking. :lmao:. Maybe my old friend Lee will be totally lost now. :nta:

Status
Not open for further replies.