• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New NRL 'scandal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
photo please:

THE Canberra Raiders are investigating an alleged major incident involving a star player on the club's Mad Monday celebrations.

Raiders chief executive Don Furner has just held a press conference in Canberra to address an alleged photograph that has been doing the rounds in relation to a star player.

The NRL has launched an investigation into the incident.

Furner today claimed to be "dumbfounded " and "appalled" if the image is proven to be true - but stressed he was yet to see the photo personally.

The photo was posted on social network site Twitter by a Melbourne radio station but has since been removed.

''If he did it, it is something he will live with for the rest of his life," Furner said.

'We don’t know whether it's authentic but I am as appalled as everyone else.

"If he did do it, I don't know why he would do it."

The Raiders are continuing to investigate the photo and The Daily Telegraph will keep you updated as the story develops.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
oh just saw it, wow, PETA's gonna pull him up on that one.

don't know why you'd want that part of your body to be in that situation

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ok, I have the photo. shall try to post it.

It's "ALLEGEDLY" Joel Monaghan getting 'sucked off' by a dog.

187171069.jpg

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
That dog's head looks really weird.

It looked a bit odd at first, but then I realised it's ear is just underneath his hand.

Looks like another two guys could find themselves in hot water aswell (the cameramen and the guy with a Camera to the right of the picture).

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
But it's not fake?

That dog's leg and head look so weird but not edited, I doubt anyone could artificially create a photo of this quality... I want to believe it's fake though.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I don't think it's fake, but Im hoping it is fake because no-one can be that stupid to partake in this and allow people to photo?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The one thing I have learnt Incognito is never underestimate the stupidity of a drunk Leaguie. This does seem like a new low if true though.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I am really hoping it is actually just happened to attack him while he had his cock out performing some sort of normal leaguey behaviour like teabagging someone. Don't have a lot of faith though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
you just have to work out whether his hands are pushing the dog away or pulling him closer.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You'd have to think the fallout from within the player group will be equally as big as the media fallout that's about to take place. Somebody had to release the picture after all.

It's going to be a funny week. To think the match fixing scandal hasn't even fully players out yet.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Here is what Monaghan's manager has said:

"It's very disappointing, he appears to have been subjected to a bit of tomfoolery by some teammates," said Monaghan's manager, Jim Banaghan.
"One of his teammates has taken a picture of it and it's been passed around. I believe everyone involved is disappointed in what they have done. I'm working with [Raiders CEO] Don Furner to get to the bottom of it all."

I think that is the first time I have heard beastiality referred to as 'tomfoolery'.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
The manager basically admits it happened and says that passing the photo around is the real problem... erm....

Status
Not open for further replies.