• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New NRL 'scandal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he's admitted it:

Statement from Joel Monaghan

Joel Monaghan has issued a statement through his manager Jim Banaghan today expressing both remorse and disgust at an alcohol fuelled prank that led to images being circulated across social networks today.

“Joel can't blame anyone but himself for an act of stupidity that will haunt him for the rest of his life,” Manager Jim Banaghan said today.

“Joel wants to make it clear that he was the one playing a prank on an absent team mate by simulating the act.

“There are no words of explanation that can be offered because none can be appropriate.

“Joel has to now face his family as well as fans and supporters with that shame and has already undergone counselling to help him cope with the consequences of what has happened.

“It was a moment of abject stupidity brought about by too much drink and a complete lack of any thought process.

“The fact that someone has sought to compound the situation further by the use of social media only adds to the trauma but Joel accepts that it is his actions alone that are at fault.

“He apologises unreservedly for the outrage that people feel at the moment and blames nobody but himself.

“He will meet the club over the issue and accepts that there must be ramifications but the fact is he is not in a fit emotional state to have those discussions at the moment.

“Joel is a genuinely good person who is simply shattered by a moment of sheer madness.”

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Where can we see said photo?

I know I will be disgusted by it, but my stupid curiousity wants to still see exactly what it is and just how bad it is.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Just when I think leaguies can't get any more bogan, they go and do this. What will it take for your average punter and sponsor to walk away from this sport? Is there any other game in this country that courts so much controversy?

My best mate lives Canberra and his girlfriend (who has lived there longer) has said several times that the league boys she has comes across are absolute animals (pardon the pun). I sincerely hope they are not representative of the whole player pool. To be fair though, we have our share of boofhead footballers over here too.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
‎13 men, one dog

when the other guys told to give that dog a bone, they were thinking differently

Joel thought the dog liked sausages

joels girlfriend is a real dog

When the ARL gave them lessons on not abusing women, they didn't have this in mind

the raiders really fucked the doggies

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I'm liking how in the photo there's another guy with a camera taking a photo as well.

He musta been so shocked when this got out

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
‎13 men, one dog

when the other guys told to give that dog a bone, they were thinking differently

Joel thought the dog liked sausages

joels girlfriend is a real dog

When the ARL gave them lessons on not abusing women, they didn't have this in mind

the raiders really fucked the doggies

Having a go at him without being here to defend himself is one of my PET peeves, DOG act RF.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
when a mungo, after most likely years of lessons on not getting in a scandal, gets a picture of himself taken with his penis in a dogs mouth, i don't care if he can defend himself or not.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
when a mungo, after most likely years of lessons on not getting in a scandal, gets a picture of himself taken with his penis in a dogs mouth, i don't care if he can defend himself or not.

Well that one went right over your head.. capitals didn't help?

Best put my tail between my legs and apolgise, that's not how I meant it. Agreed he is one sick puppy though.

Maybe underline works better

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The bit that annoys me is the way the media keeps saying he simulated a sex act with the dog. Once his dick was in the dogs mouth, all simulation was gone, thats bona fide beastiality for mine.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
The bit that annoys me is the wy the media keeps saying he simulated a sex act with the dog. Once his dick was in the dogs mouth, all simulation was gone, thats bona fide bestiality for mine.

Bestiality is a sexual act between a human and an animal. To commit an act of bestiality is an offence which makes the accused liable to penal servitude to 14 years.

If a person attempts bestiality then they are liable to penal servitude for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.