• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
all 26 Unions approved the SL deal
391fba5a2f60968ab68caaac1c1f98aa.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lurch has declared himself available for AB July Tests. Due back in NZ later this month so may even get a run for Tribe in SRT-T.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Assuming Whitelock ascends to his rightful position as captain, I'd like to see Vaa'i given an extended run at test level. Suppose, then, we can squeeze Retallicka onto the bench or something.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Assuming Whitelock ascends to his rightful position as captain, I'd like to see Vaa'i given an extended run at test level. Suppose, then, we can squeeze Retallicka onto the bench or something.

I reckon there a lot to like about Vaa'i too zer0, and hope he gets a fair bit of game time.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Clarke and Nanai-Seturo are off to the Olympics.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-of-super-rugby-players-going-for-sevens-gold

Frizell might also be in some hot water.

All Blacks and Highlanders loose forward Shannon Frizell is alleged to have been involved in an assault on a woman at a Dunedin bar. The alleged incident unfolded at Vault 21 in the small hours of Sunday morning, a popular restaurant/bar in the Octagon, the busy nightlife hub in the centre of the city.

Police confirmed they were investigating following a report of an assault at a “bar in the Octagon” at about 2.30am on Sunday. Inquiries were under way and nobody had been arrested, a spokeswoman said on Monday afternoon.

Highlanders chief executive Roger Clark told Stuff on Monday: "We are aware of an alleged incident involving a player on Saturday night. We will investigate and make no further comment at this stage."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...y-involved-in-assault-on-woman-at-dunedin-bar

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What a muppet. No place for that - show him the door. But going off Reece's treatment he might get offered a contract extension. Was he in a potential AB 23?

Yep might wait to see what actually happened. I was seeing all the headlines about Chiefs players pissed and falling around in the corridor of their hotel on Saturday night and some woman who rang the press (unnamed) said she had to ring management and complain.
Turns out she was on 14th floor and players were on 2nd, may of been pissed Chiefs supporters, but hey it was a good story.
frizzel I will save calling him a c*** until I know a little more I think. But hey why wait huh?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yep might wait to see what actually happened. I was seeing all the headlines about Chiefs players pissed and falling around in the corridor of their hotel on Saturday night and some woman who rang the press (unnamed) said she had to ring management and complain.
Turns out she was on 14th floor and players were on 2nd, may of been pissed Chiefs supporters, but hey it was a good story.
frizzel I will save calling him a c*** until I know a little more I think. But hey why wait huh?
Obviously if it’s all a beat up then play on and shame on whoever made the false accusation.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
That is shit.

Should have had more AB opportunities

He had opportunities (7 test starts) and never nailed down his spot. Good Super Rugby player but his game never translated to test rugby. I thought the Bledisloe in Brisbane last year was an example of this - he just had no impact on the game and the times he did run the ball he was easily contained.

Certainly a successful 5 years or so for him since he moved back to rugby from the Warriors though - best of luck to him.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
He had opportunities (7 test starts) and never nailed down his spot. Good Super Rugby player but his game never translated to test rugby. I thought the Bledisloe in Brisbane last year was an example of this - he just had no impact on the game and the times he did run the ball he was easily contained.

Certainly a successful 5 years or so for him since he moved back to rugby from the Warriors though - best of luck to him.

Which mid-fielders have nailed down that spot since Nonu? Consistently ranked in the top run metres, ball carries and the attacking stats, he also was one of the top defenders as well as passers in 2021.

I don't think 7 Test starts across 3-4 seasons is really much of an opportunity particularly given that he was overlooked in 2019 for the RWC despite great form for 2-3 years.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Which mid-fielders have nailed down that spot since Nonu? Consistently ranked in the top run metres, ball carries and the attacking stats, he also was one of the top defenders as well as passers in 2021.

I don't think 7 Test starts across 3-4 seasons is really much of an opportunity particularly given that he was overlooked in 2019 for the RWC despite great form for 2-3 years.

SBW?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

There is a good argument for Lumpy getting shafted, especially when you look at what tenured donkey golden boy Jack Goodhue has largely dished up during his seemingly unimpeachable AB career

giphy.gif