• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1news claim TJP is talking to Sydney Roosters about a code-change when his stint in Japan ends.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/content/tvnz/onenews/story/2021/04/15/perenara-roosters.html

OH OK BYE THEN.
The news comes after much speculation that New Zealand Rugby is not open to signing the former Hurricanes halfback following his current stint in the Japanese Top League.
FrenchMelodicGemsbuck-max-1mb.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unless some kind of WR (World Rugby) dispensation can be obtained, Fakatava's injury means that as he can't be AB capped this year he misses the 31/12/21 cutover in the qualification-by-residency from three years to five (apparently at least part of his time in NZ on a scholarship doesn't count) & earliest he could be in Black would be 2023.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...-fakatava-ineligible-until-2023-at-this-stage

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not a NZer, should be 10 years. Flat-out poach.

-----------------------------------------------------

Who should pop up for the "Toyota Shuttles" than Taleni Seu, the Chiefs lock. Damn its weird how quick i forget these guys. Wasnt he on the cusp of the AB's about 10 minutes ago? Damn, if he'd stuck around he couldve waltzed into a Tupou Vaai AB career window of opportunity. 6"8 athletic brick shithouse ffs I'd take him at AB lock in a heartbeat over Scrote Brainfart Barrett.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ that's a valid argument BUT isn't it equally valid to say that had he not come to NZ on that scholarship he might well be playing village footy back in Tonga (or not at all)? And that NZ rugby, having invested considerable time & expense to get him to where he's currently at, are entitled to benefit from his services? In a perfect world, of course, he'd play NPC for Hawkes Bay, Super Rugby for Clan & Test footy for Tonga but the reality is that the rugby economy is trickle-down - witness also now-Samoan Michael Ala'alatoa heading to Leinster.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NO Blues in the All Blacks please.

They are too dumb for words and are an impediment to the national team.

OK, maybe 1 Auckland Blue.

But definitely not 2.

If there are 2 then they might talk to each other and by doing so begin to spread their molasses-thick brain malaise.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
NO Blues in the All Blacks please.

They are too dumb for words and are an impediment to the national team.

OK, maybe 1 Auckland Blue.

But definitely not 2.

If there are 2 then they might talk to each other and by doing so begin to spread their molasses-thick brain malaise.

Yep Papali'i has got to be there at least!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Akira was very good, but that was because he seemingly decided "fuck it, imma just stick it to these ugly bastards up the middle" and it worked wonderfully. Really should've just been the entire game plan. Also wish he kept that mindset one he got once-on-one with Jordan.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB v Wales confirmed for 31/10:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...y-union-confirms-clash-against-abs-in-cardiff

Outside the November Window so Wales will be without their England-based players but otoh NZR have presumably negotiated some kind of revenue-sharing deal with WRU. Remaining EOYT fixtures are Ireland, Italy & France but I wouldn't be surprised if they shoe-horn in a match v Japan or USA with essentially an AB Development XV.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The sad part is that that whatever favoured tenured gimps Fozzie omnisciently selects they'll all suddenly flatter to deceive and reward his faith by looking like a million bucks..... versus Italy.

"You know, that George Bridge has really got his mojo back!"
"Jordie on the wing? What a master stroke!"
"Akira from a standing start? Just incredible!"
"Patrick Tuipulotu is dominating out here today"

Then they face a top tier team and zero plan Fozzie is instantly flummoxed and we're back to 50% is fine ffs

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The sad part is that that whatever favoured tenured gimps Fozzie omnisciently selects they'll all suddenly flatter to deceive and reward his faith by looking like a million bucks... versus Italy.

"You know, that George Bridge has really got his mojo back!"
"Jordie on the wing? What a master stroke!"
"Akira from a standing start? Just incredible!"
"Patrick Tuipulotu is dominating out here today"

Then they face a top tier team and zero plan Fozzie is instantly flummoxed and we're back to 50% is fine ffs

We can only hope.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...0-jersey-and-end-to-system-selection-at-no-15

LOL, Beaudy desperately canvassing for the AB 10 jersey back.

Strip away the article's diplomatic veneer and it's.....

"Fuck you Mounga, I'm the fucking All Black number 10!"
"Oh shit, Dmac, Will Jordan and even my shithead brother are better fullbacks than me now"
"I'll play 10 and my brother will play fullback. Are you even listening Fozzie, you fucking useless prick?"

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh shit, its down to 300 mill now? NZRFU must be fucking desperate for cash to go through with this lunacy. The 300 mill could be gone by 2024 and these dumbarses will still be on the hook to shell out 12% of everything to some faceless seppo bankers. Forever. Naive little NZ don't seem to realise who they're getting into bed with here.....

"We don't give a fuck if you've already played 22 tests this season, you fucking dumb hick arseholes owe us money. Did you thick pricks even read the fine print? Default on this shit and we will own more than 12% of your silly little team, try 100% motherfuckers. Now you get out there and do your fruity little haka dance, go dance for your fucking supper you dumb pieces of shit".