• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Does anyone else think it's unfair that new Zealand have a new Zealand Maori team that plays test rugby. It's like they have another team that they can experiment with at test level.

If you feel that strongly about it, start pushing for an Australian Aboriginal team.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If you feel that strongly about it, start pushing for an Australian Aboriginal team.
That would be awesome. Not enough top class players. Saying that we should Just do what the all blacks do and play anyone and say that they are indigenous ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Um Shiggins, hate to tell you Maori All Blacks don't play tests, they are just normal games.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would be pretty happy to see Naholo and or Milner-Skudder in team, though I not convinced both will be. I think a hell of a lot will depend on what happens in camp, and how they train etc. I somehow think Dagg will get a run this week against Argies, a last chance perhaps. By the look of TKB in MABs he is fit enough to take back his spot in ABs squad, so Ellis will go. I wonder if either Perenara os Smith may start this week to give backs like SWB etc a chance with a bit quicker ball.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jesus fucking Christ.

Will the WANKERS in advertising ever, ever fucking learn.

Was this made by those same tools that emblazoned the front rowers faces across the 747 in 1999? The same blowhard prats who dug up bits of dirtfrom each AB'ers hometown and presented them in a CCCC (Cultural Cringe Cheesefest Ceremony, pat pending) episode in 07 (?)

JUST lET THE C**TS PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

ITS GENERALLY BEEN GOOD ENOUGH TO DATE

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
That is the greatest thing I've ever seen. It needs to be played during every ad break during an All Blacks game from now till the end of time.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
That ad really is vaguely goddamn motherfucking distressing.

Who is it for?

NZer's? We've already had a raging stiffy over AB's rugby for the last 100 years with zero sign of tumescent abatement. The ad is thus rendered stillborn, a redundant statement. The pride of a nation inadvertently belittled and whittled down to the cringesome shame of yet another more-money-than-sense advertising campaign.

Is it for the foreigners, the casual sports fan in say, Europe? "Well, I do watch the rugby every now and then but after seeing that fuckknuckle ad I just want those kiwi wankers to lose, haha."

Is it for the seppo market? Even in their hyperbolic overwrought advertising realm they would surely think "Jesus, wft was that, just get over yourselves. Dicks."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
DP, I assume the ad is for whoever the advertising gurus reckon will take any notice, they tend to know how to aim at whoever the target audience is supposed to be, I doubt whether it for NZ market it a bit small . Not sure why it's upset you so much, it's just an ad, not my cup of tea admittedly, but I have seen worse.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is only financial and logistical considerations that are stopping an Australian A or Australian Barbarian team playing against International Teams ranked outside the top 10 countries like Fiji, Tonga, Hong Kong, Japan, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Spain, Canada, Uruguay etc.

No conspiracy.

M

Moono75

I stopped it at the 54 second mark when 'Force' came up on the screen......thought we'd pulled off the greatest recruiting coup ever!

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Unfortunately its a trans-Tasman thing to have these cheesy ads/game build ups.

Below for example.

Get your spew buckets ready....

Jake the muss.

WTF.

Alan Jones.

Footnote it is.

download.png