• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I reckon the news that Smith has signed until 2019 is bloody great news. It seems to me that for all the criticism quite a few like throwing at NZRU, they have pretty well get it right with things like this. It is no accident that NZ rugby does well, I continually hear that oh yeah but it's number one sport in NZ etc etc, perhaps there is a reason it is and remains so popular, it tends to be well run, with generally good decisions made to help keep the sport where it is.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Wellington?

Today?

Coincidence?

HE DOES LOOK QUITE PLEASED WITH HIMSELF THOUGH DOESNT HE.

READ INTO THAT WHAT YOU WILL.

I KNOW I AM.

"TEMPORARY TROLLEY BAY AREA"?

"TEMPORARY"?

MORE COINCIDENCE?

READ INTO THAT WHAT YOU WILL TOO.

I KNOW I AM.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well we know in 10-15 minutes, NZ will be able to let out it's breath when we know for sure!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Beauden Barrett, Sam Cane, Daniel Carter, Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Malakai Fekitoa, Owen Franks, Ben Franks, Jerome Kaino, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, King Richie McCaw, Keven Mealamu, Liam Messam, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Waisake Naholo, Ma'a Nonu, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano, Julian Savea, Colin Slade, Aaron Smith, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Codie Taylor, Victor Vito, Sam Whitelock, Sonny Bill Williams, Tony Woodcock

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Naholo ahead of Piutau is a rubbish selection. He's obviously decided that the lessons from 2009 don't apply anymore.

Also, that waffle before the actual naming is utterly cringeworthy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Few unlucky boys, but was always going to be. Naholo a huge call, but says perhaps a bit how the ABs intend to play.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Can't wait for a few injuries to see Mealamu starting at hooker, Romano in the locks, Barrett or Slade at fullback. Geez this team all of a sudden looks a bit light on paper. SBW getting a free plane trip. No Piuatau. TKB gets a free plane trip..

Bit fucking rich not taking Sopoaga. Was Carter, Slade or Barrett a better 10 this year. No on all counts.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can't wait for a few injuries to see Mealamu starting at hooker, Romano in the locks, Barrett or Slade at fullback. Geez this team all of a sudden looks a bit light on paper. SBW getting a free plane trip. No Piuatau. TKB gets a free plane trip..

Bit fucking rich not taking Sopoaga. Was Carter, Slade or Barrett a better 10 this year. No on all counts.
I am gobsmacked that someone who has All Black logo as a team he supports saying he can't wait to see the players injured, afraid you now become low on the list of rugby supporters in my opinion ACR!!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I am gobsmacked that someone who has All Black logo as a team he supports saying he can't wait to see the players injured, afraid you now become low on the list of rugby supporters in my opinion ACR!!

Far out, you've clearly missed the point. Did you even read past "injured". I was just bloody saying how I'd feel if Mealamu, Romano, Slade were all of a sudden in the starting lineup. Sarcasm is hopeless on the internet.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
How did TKB make it? Hansen must just like him. If I had the quality of halfbacks you guys have I would have maybe just taken the chance with two.

Similarly for Mealamu, who's awesome, but a bit long in the tooth. Hika Elliot has well and truly fallen foul of the no dickheads policy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thought Elliot would be considered unlucky, but if it is because of no dickheads, well I would find it hard to disagree.
As for all the other selections, think Sopoaga was unlucky, but can understand why he wasn't selected with perhaps the need for 3 HBs resulting in the requirement of some versatilty among those going. Thrush would probably be same, need 3 hookers (I think anyway) and if as it looks the ABs are going to try and keep game played fairly wide, there tends to be a need for an extra loosie.
All in all I figure Shag and co know a bloody sight more about a; the players and b; the game plan so I pretty happy, and as I said I right behind the team wholeheartedly!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say I impressed with Corey Jane and Izzy Daggs reaction to being dropped, actually much better than Buck Shelford's when he missed 91 World cup!!