• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Local Man Applies For Court Injunction Over Drug Test.

--NZ Herald--

A local man has filed a “court injunction” with the Auckland High Court proclaiming that All Black Patrick Tuipulotu’s positive drug test should be overturned on ”CGD” grounds.

“Compassionate Gun Dispensation, that is what I am arguing” stated the local drongo, a Mr D.Ismalpillock of Onehunga. “During Pat’s rehab from hip surgery he may have needed some medicinal aid to keep his fantastic pythons in great fu**en shape. For the good of New Zealand rugby, for the good of the chicks at the beach, and yes, for the good of the Auckland Blues. Therefore, Compassionate Gun Dispensation, aka CGD, court injunction, ipso facto, habeas corpus, I rest my case, go the fu**en Blues, IT’S OUR FU**IN YEAR.”

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_0691.JPG

As noted on the Auckland Blues: To Infinity & Beyond thread, it's my belief that statement, minus Tuipulotu's name, should have been made in November. Now it's just damage control for the failed cover-up of a positive drug test. Makes us look bad IMO.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ he's not on a full contract but the way the Tribe have burned through locks in recent years Hoeata could be almost as big a loss as Weber (halfback) & Graham (prop) who're both pretty much certainties for a bench spot at least.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Disappointed that's he's leaving at only 25. But there's always potential up-and-comers to replace him. Joe Edwards and Josh Goodhue immediately spring to mind.

In saying that, the NH grind may help him get back to focusing on the core roles he did so well (solid defence & shifting bodies) before someone Victor Vito'd him and tried to turn him into something he's not; a ball runner in Luatua's case. Could be good for him.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Turns out that Luatua doesn't have a get out clause should Bristol be relegated, which, I'm told, looks likely at this stage. So he'll likely be playing in a NPC level (at best) tournament.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ currently 2/14 & five points adrift at the bottom of the table, last outing smashed 8-42 by Harlequins. So, yes, looks like they're Championship bound. I just assumed he'd have a get out & can't understand why you'd sign with a club thats struggling unless you had one.

I saw something on stuff about Read re-committing through to 2019 but now can't find it, assuming (ok, & hoping :)) he let the cat outta the bag & it's been pulled so NZRU can stagger the big-name re-signings.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
£££

With the Not Nots more or less storming their way towards promotion, only Leeds or whatever they're calling themselves now will put up any real fight IMO.

They wouldn't want relegation clauses because they'll want to build a squad that'll keep them up there next time, whereas they had 6 or 7 long years to build a squad that was good enough to win the Championship Playoffs, but not one capable of surviving.

I think that'll be why they wouldn't offer any. And if it's money you're chasing, who really cares about the standard, particularly for whats likely to be 1 season of 2 or more, and under a Coach you like.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Treasonous behaviour from Lam. Flat out fucking lazy from Hansen. He can quibble all he likes but as W.O noted he's barely given a fuck about Luatua so far. I think of NH rugby as this giant grey & brown drearily slow fun-sucking fucking Death Star that sporadically swoops in to randomly hoover yet more fun out of bright running rugby and deposit it on the Bristol Parks Rec Centres of the world where, fattened on the cash of inconsequence, it waddles out the rest of its playing days, potential unfulfilled, a cold sunless squalid quagmire of drab brown no-fucks-given inertia

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
giant grey & brown drearily slow fun-sucking fucking Death Star that sporadically swoops in to randomly hoover yet more fun out of bright running rugby and deposit it on the Bristol Parks Rec Centres of the world where, fattened on the cash of inconsequence, it waddles out the rest of its playing days, potential unfulfilled, a cold sunless squalid quagmire of drab brown no-fucks-given inertia
Gonna nominate this for some sort of poetry award. That's literature, right there, that's what it is.
DP - we are not worthy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I got to say if Luatua feels it better to head up north than do the hard yards to make the ABs good luck to him, and not convinced he a great loss. I said the same way back when Nick Evans went, I never want the AB coaches to throw them a jersey to hold on to them, you gotta want it boy, or otherwise do what they doing!!
I suspect that Blake Gibson may have to make same decision in a couple of years!