• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Australia - Auckland - 23 August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
we will see..even though it's v Argentina I still think he'll come off the bench..in fact that's probably an even bigger reason to ease him into it..

I wouldn't think it's fair for him to walk straight in if McCabe and/or Horne have to play blinders, I think they need to be underperforming..sends a bad message otherwise..even to Speight, he becomes complacent then..

Henry complacent? More like perpetual motion.

Interestedoz1

Bob McCowan (2)
Are you English?

hehe - seriously though - do people actually think we can beat the AB's by trying to score tries against them? In my opinion they have virtually shut down that option through their approach to defence. What would be their KPI for line breaks against? 0?

I like the old saying - Offence wins fans, defence wins championships.

I would add (imo) excellence in defense and kicking wins championships.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks like Nonu and Kaino are definitely out from what I'm hearing from the cuzi's back in NZ.

Yeah, Foster pretty much confirmed it on TV news last night & hinted at Crotty rather than Fekitoa taking over at 12 & the possibility of Luatua being the 6. Have yet to see an interview with McCaw, so far it's been mostly Cruden & Barrett fronting the cameras which seems a little odd.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If anything McCabe is a converted winger, not a converted centre. He had played all bar 4 super rugby games as a winger or fullback when Deans anointed him the future wallaby 12.

McCabe was a 15 in sydney club, it was the ponies who stuck him on the wing, then the 13, then the wing, then 15, then the wing, then 12, then the wing again. then the bench because of his "flexibility"

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't think the Kiwis can play that shit again, and I see it as unlikely that they will again get two in the bin

We will need to improve markedly to stay with them, our work rate, cleanout accuracy and effort off the ball to realign has to improve massively

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don't think the Kiwis can play that shit again, and I see it as unlikely that they will again get two in the bin

We will need to improve markedly to stay with them, our work rate, cleanout accuracy and effort off the ball to realign has to improve massively

playing without risking someone going to the bin is new territory for them..

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
This game will test Hansen for the first time in his coaching career. I think he has hung onto the Henry legacy for the last 2yrs (and severe rub of the green from ref in every game since) and question whether the guy is that good a coach - Frankly anyone that arrogant deserves to be put in their place. A true champion blends some humility into their stride...

Midfield go-forward for the kiwis will be tested as crotty no where near the player of Nonu so appears there will be a big gap in here.

Also I kind of hope messam does play - he is a bit of cat actually - he only ever tags the small guys and I've seen more than once when he's been smashed by someone of equal size or bigger he goes missing... I think Kaino will play tho - kiwi trickery at play here.

In summary -
I think pressure is all on the kiwis they need to win as they are the worlds best team (remember) and the aussies havent won in eden park for years..

PRESSURE KIWIS PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Further the way I see it the aussies have to win so they wont be holding back none - throwing everything at the AIG - whereas AIG will want to stick to their process/s - I think Link will out move fatty Hansen -

Queen to B5 - check...

PRESSURE all on the AIG!!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Further the way I see it the aussies have to win so they wont be holding back none - throwing everything at the AIG - whereas AIG will want to stick to their process/s - I think Link will out move fatty Hansen -

Queen to B5 - check.

PRESSURE all on the AIG!!!!

This week it's very much "get your Arses In Gear or your Arse Is Grass".

QANTAS forced landing?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hope Hansen gets a trot this week. Probably around the 60 mark

Ludicrous proposition.

Hansen currently in very poor condition.

Still, "Player/Coach" must be tempting. He might not go much worse than NZ's current reserve hooker options.

stevehansen300_18cv0l0-18cv0l4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.