• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I having trouble seeing where it says it has to be in front on this law!! c) Blocking the tackler. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that
prevents an opponent from tackling a ball carrier.

Well, if this is the test to be applied, then the All Blacks should be penalised on every kick-off they receive.

It was a poor decision and I don't believe that law 10 (1) c) applies in this case. The decision is so out of kilter with anyone's understanding of how rugby is played that it's mystifying how a test referee could make it.

I think that everyone accepts that the ABs deserved to win the game, but its' also fair to say that the decision in question completely turned the momentum of the match. Any team playing a champion side like the All Blacks have a big hill to climb to win - a decision like this effectively ends any chance.

I know by previous posts that you have a fair bit of rugby knowledge and you're usually quite balanced in your opinions, but with respect, you're defending the indefensible with this one.

deL

Stan Wickham (3)
Go push as hard as you can against a wall with your legs straight back and your face 50cm from the ground and see how easy it is to bring your foot forward..

Hooking died long again, scrums now push over the ball with the hooking only occurring when the ball in under their feet..

I would but I'm worried that if I push as hard as I can Nigel Owens might come out.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can live with this.
If we played like this every time we played we'd beat most sides and we bump the ABs every so often.
Yes this is the wallaby side I want to watch and yes make me believe we are a chance to beat ab's

Lot of faith restored. Room for improvement but lot to like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Would like to see stirzaker and debrezceni getting a look in. I think those two are the future along with the likes of Hodge, DHP, robertson, kerevi, Mcmahon etc. Abit more flair in the team (stemming from NRC) would make for great viewing and a dangerous team.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Would like to see stirzaker and debrezceni getting a look in. I think those two are the future.

They certainly could be, but pick those two blokes off the back of a good year.

It could've been last year, but it wasn't to be, so hopefully it's next year. This year wouldn't feel right.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Sorry Dan54 was probably getting a little riled up and aggressive. Apologies. (still think i'm right though).

Back-line for the next test:
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Speight
12. Kerevi
13. Folau
14. Naivalu
15. DHP

Thought Foley, but for his spot kicking, was back to his best. Think his direct play is much more affective against the AB's than Quade's slightly more lateral stuff. Prior to this match i would have picked Quade, but Cheika backed Foley and he paid him back. It's almost as if the man is the coach and knows his team? Foley absolutely tore ass a few times out there and his play to set up the non-try was impeccable.

I think having actual wingers and full-backs in their respective positions helped a LOT. Folau, without a kicking game and with a solid defensive game really belongs at 13. Kerevi is a better runner and distributor than Hodge.

Whilst i appreciate Hodge's thunderous boot, he doesn't bring much else and was badly exposed at 12. Bench option.

DHP our best back and should be at Fullback.

Edit: We played our hearts out and had them on the back foot for 60 minutes. We extend that by 20 and get a decision our way for once and we win that. We aren't too far off.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry Dan54 was probably getting a little riled up and aggressive. Apologies. (still think i'm right though).

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Speight
12. Kerevi
13. Folau
14. Naivalu
15. DHP

Thought Foley, but for his spot kicking, was back to his best. Think his direct play is much more affective against the AB's than Quade's slightly more lateral stuff. Prior to this match i would have picked Quade, but Cheika backed Foley and he paid him back. It's almost as if the man is the coach and knows his team? Foley absolutely tore ass a few times out there and his play to set up the non-try was impeccable.

I think having actual wingers and full-backs in their respective positions helped a LOT. Folau, without a kicking game and with a solid defensive game really belongs at 13. Kerevi is a better runner and distributor than Hodge.

Whilst i appreciate Hodge's thunderous boot, he doesn't bring much else and was badly exposed at 12. Bench option.

DHP our best back and should be at Fullback.

Edit: We played our hearts out and had them on the back foot for 60 minutes. We extend that to 20 and get a decision our way for once and we win that. We aren't too far off.

I like that backline with Genia for Phipps

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Would like to see stirzaker and debrezceni getting a look in. I think those two are the future along with the likes of Hodge, DHP, robertson, kerevi, Mcmahon etc. Abit more flair in the team (stemming from NRC) would make for great viewing and a dangerous team.
No, not Debrezceni. He may have a huge boot but otherwise no. Irae Simone looks a talent from the NRC

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
OK but please explain me law 10.1 (c) .
But that is ok Two I understand you upset so maybe unable to read and understand the law, I repeat I would of probably allowed the try, but I not a ref, but if you cannot understand how stupid HP was, god help you in understanding rugby.
Sorry this may have been covered earlier but...
If you penilise DHP then rewind the video 2 seconds where Keiran Ried does the exact same thing to DHP at the start of the break. That penalty can be given on every linebreak made in rugby

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
No, not Debrezceni. He may have a huge boot but otherwise no. Irae Simone looks a talent from the NRC
More of a twelve option. Watched him play a bit and he can run a line like a boss but not as much of a distrib. Still young and hasn't been tested at Super Rugby yet.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Speight
12. Kerevi
13. Folau
14. Naivalu
15. DHP

Yeah great backline however hard to go past Hodge. Certainly a bench option !! however after Kerevi made Savea look like he was skating on ice he could easily slot onto the wing for Naivalu and then keep hodge at Inside! Or develop the future inside out side combo of Hodge/Kerevi.... but it is certainly a brain scratcher for the selectors!!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yeah great backline however hard to go past Hodge. Certainly a bench option !! however after Kerevi made Savea look like he was skating on ice he could easily slot onto the wing for Naivalu and then keep hodge at Inside! Or develop the future inside out side combo of Hodge/Kerevi.. but it is certainly a brain scratcher for the selectors!!

Speight / Naivalu are too like for like I reckon. We need 2 boots in the back three and I think we need a player like Hodge to defend in the 12 channel.

I think Byrne's influence is already showing. Lots of deft little touches tonight. Now we just need to restrict our off-loading game to when an off-load is actually on.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Speight / Naivalu are too like for like I reckon. We need 2 boots in the back three and I think we need a player like Hodge to defend in the 12 channel.

I think Byrne's influence is already showing. Lots of deft little touches tonight. Now we just need to restrict our off-loading game to when an off-load is actually on.
Wasn't it Hodge's terrible defensive read that resulted in their first try? was like watching water pass through a sieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.