• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shit dan, no one is saying you shouldn't have won, and by a margin. What everyone is pissed off about is that we weren't given a fair competition. We were in the game and then unjustifiably taken out of it.

Who said Barrett was the main difference???

Sorry KOB, someone earlier in this thread was saying really the ABs were nothing to fear, except for BB. And I not saying anyone claiming Wallabies would of won, but a lot of posters seem to be blaming Owens for taking wallabies out of game, they were given fair competition that I can see, just perhaps instead of blaming supposed refs mistakes (which the main one he is correct), I just think perhaps look at how easily the ABs scored most of their tries.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Mate he's not a winger.
Speights no try showed the importance of pace on the wing.
DHP would have been run down by savea anyway.
It's no coincidence the game we came closest to the ABs was the game where most players played in their usual positions.
Time to stop shoehorning players into the team out of position.
He competes at FB or rides the pines. After hodges game tonight DHP would get my nod if folau moved in closer. But hodge does have a bigger boot and has played a lot of FB as well. He'd be in the mix.

Hodge clearly wasn't up to 12. Actually thought he was our worst.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Was very disappointed not to see Folau move to OC today and DHP to FB when Kerevi went down ! IMO DHP is a better fullback then Folau at the moment and folau is the second choice outside with no Kurandrani. Speight is certainly not a centre compare to Folau who has much better ball skills!!

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Sorry KOB, someone earlier in this thread was saying really the ABs were nothing to fear, except for BB. And I not saying anyone claiming Wallabies would of won, but a lot of posters seem to be blaming Owens for taking wallabies out of game, they were given fair competition that I can see, just perhaps instead of blaming supposed refs mistakes (which the main one he is correct), I just think perhaps look at how easily the ABs scored most of their tries.

Your blindness to a crucial and clearly wrong decision is truly impressive.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
10.1 Obstruction
STRUCTION
(a) Charging or pushing. When a player and an opponent are running for the ball, either
player must not charge or push the other except shoulder-to-shoulder.
Sanction: Penalty kick

(b) Running in front of a ball carrier. A player must not intentionally move or stand in front of
a team-mate carrying the ball thereby preventing opponents from tackling the current ball
carrier or the opportunity to tackle potential ball carriers when they gain possession.

(c) Blocking the tackler. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that
prevents an opponent from tackling a ball carrier.

(d) Blocking the ball. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that prevents
an opponent from playing the ball.

(e) Ball carrier running into team-mate. A player carrying the ball must not intentionally run
into team-mates in front of that player.

So which one is it?

Paragraph (d) looks the most prospective, but actually preventing the player from tackling etc is the test, yes? Not taking an action that might have prevented the player, had the player been in a position to make the tackle.

It isn't A because they're not running for the ball.

It can't be B as he didn't run in front of the ball carrier - that is assuming you're facing up to the attack, not chasing.

It can be C - blocking the tackler.

Can't be D - they're not running for the ball

Definitely isn't E

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I do agree with some posters here that whilst the call was only a 5 (or 7) point turnaround it was a huge moment in the story of the game.

It also must be noted that the ABs have scored the majority of their points in their last ~15 games within the last 20 minutes of the game. Why? Because the team thats 1-2 points behind gets desperate and starts playing catch up rugby, which results in a mistake, which results in an All Black try, which results in the team getting frazzled and doubling down, which results in more All Black tries.

The All Blacks break teams late in the game and make them seem worse off for it.

If we'd scored that try the boys would've been fired up more than ever. At that stage fitness levels mean nothing. The team tries to play clinically, instead of in a hysterical manner, and things could've gone very different.

I'm not saying we would've won (I imagine that we wouldn't have) but things would've been very different.

I wish refs could be sanctioned in the same way players are. Some of them aren't up to scratch (Owens is usually better than this) and its a detriment to the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

A detailed response worth of your original post.

giphy%20(2)_32b06d80a6f816a41b74f866c280168e.gif

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Hodge clearly wasn't up to 12. Actually thought he was our worst.
Agree.
I was not one of the hordes calling for him as the saviour at 12. Kerevi was my pick.
I think his skills are better suited to FB.
But DHP has played well and I'd like to see him there.
Folau looked good tonight but he still looks clueless when he fields the ball deep from a kick and lacks the ability to return it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mr Doug we get it you thought Folau played bad. No one else thinks that and I think there could be a reason for this.

You have made your point. It is getting tiresome.

And you just can't say he was awful Doug, because he was breaking the line at will and shrugging defenders. Yes, the two stupid offloads that didn't need to be thrown are bad, but you'd sack half the team if you didn't stand errors.

Speed of thought and execution let us down in terms of turnovers. Both Cheika and . But we bossed that game physically, and that is the platform you build on.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Also Hodges charge down?! What a clusterfuck that was. Firstly I don't think we should clear it off a shakey scrum platform. Have a hit up in centre field, split the kickers either side to confuse the defence and clear from there.

Secondly Hodge should've anticipated it and faked accordingly. As it played out it was blindingly obvious as to what was about to happen.

I had a third point but I cant be bothered any more. I'm shattered after that.

Great game though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also Hodges charge down?! What a clusterfuck that was. Firstly I don't think we should clear it off a shakey scrum platform. Have a hit up in centre field, split the kickers either side to confuse the defence and clear from there.

Secondly Hodge should've anticipated it and faked accordingly. As it played out it was blindingly obvious as to what was about to happen.

1) Phipps hesitated because Owens was a little in his line of sight.

2) Phipps stepped because I don't fucking know why.

3) Hodge should have faked as you said, but had a flanker about to clean him up a few seconds later.

4) The whole play should have been behind the scrum, Foley kicking right foot to exit on the other side of the field.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Watching the ABs press conference - some prick Kiwi reporter trying to make controversy by saying Cheika is angry about the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.