• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Argentina, Nov 28, 2020

New Zealand vs Argentina Nov 28, 2020

• I hope they both lose.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I'm negative like that.

• NZ 72-3

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • GO ARGENTINA

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I want the All Blacks to win.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I want the All Blacks to win so they keep putzbrain Fozzie and continue to lose for years to comeLOL

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Argentina to win a tight one

• NZ to win a tight one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZ to win by 20+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Another draw please.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Here's the best team we could field, but the selectors won't have the courage to..

1. Moody
2. Coles
3. Tu'ungafasi
4. Whitelock
5. Tuipulotu
6. A.Ioane
7. Cane
8. Sotutu
9. Smith
10. Mo'unga
11. Clarke
12. Goodhue
13. ALB
14. Jordan
15. J.Barrett

16. Taylor
17. Karl.T
18. Laulala
19. S.Barrett
20. A.Savea
21. Perenara
22. R.Ioane
23. B.Barrett

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really wonder if Fozzie even has it in him to give a pre-match gee-up in the sheds.

"Look, just go out and give it your best shot. That's all we can really ask of you. Have a nice rugby match".

Meanwhile it should be ".....some of you mollycoddled pink-booted instaposers seem to really fucken love the IDEA of being All Blacks. Yeah, well, guess how the All Blacks came to be renowned as the fucken All Blacks? It wasnt by getting their arses handed to them by the 10th ranked fucken team in the fucken world who havent played a single fucken rugby match all year. Fuck me, if you cnuts keep playing like beta cuck simps cosplaying at being fucken All Blacks then the very idea of being an All Black soon won't mean shit to sports fans around the world. You've already fucked it halfway up the arse by losing to Ireland a few times, then a raw as shit Aussie team smashed your ragdick cocks inside out then fucking Argentina totally emasculated your ballsacks halfway to Buenos Aires and back for New Zealand's first-ever fucken loss to them in the entire fucken history of fucken rugby. That alltime record stuff, built on the bloodied and bent backs of Mccaw, Meads and Lochore is not going back in the fucken genie's bottle you champagne poser loser cnuts. 'Oh yeah, the All Blacks, they used to be really fearsome. Then they got too bigheaded, failed to adapt, lost to Ireland a few times, then Argentina, now they're just a bunch of poseur fatheads who, if they can't cut up on the counter attack, just shit the bed and run into walls for 80 minutes praying that what worked in 2015 for a team of legends will work for them too just cos they're now wearing the same coloured fucken jersey'. Righto, good luck out there you avocado-smashing, rugby fan-hating bunch of fucking wimps".

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I want them to win as always regardless of who is coaching
Kind of morbidly fascinated to see how many matches the AB's would lose in a row before Dan54 would actually concede that just maybe Fozzie my potentially possibly perhaps be not quite up to the task.....

"Well, that Namibian team were too good for us on the day and fully deserved their win. Can't take anything away from the brave Namibian lads today."
-Dan54 in 2024 as the AB's notch up their 17th loss in succession under coach Ian Foster.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Kind of morbidly fascinated to see how many matches the AB's would lose in a row before Dan54 would actually concede that just maybe Fozzie my potentially possibly perhaps be not quite up to the task...

"Well, that Namibian team were too good for us on the day and fully deserved their win. Can't take anything away from the brave Namibian lads today."
-Dan54 in 2024 as the AB's notch up their 17th loss in succession under coach Ian Foster.

Got nothing to do with whether Fozzie should be coach mate, just will never want any team I support to lose. Christ I have had club teams I support coached by jokers who shouldn't be near a coaching post, but I still wanted my team to win. It's been called a team supporter and not a supporter of individuals.

I wonder if Fozzie does a good gee up. but I always remember Tana Umaga as AB captain telling Graham Henry to lay off the pre match fire up, as he reckoned it doesn't work, so Henry would more or less leave it to Tana. A couple of best players in team I managed that won comp few years back would actually go to another changing shed (if there was one) when coached tried to fire team up, told me it just didn't work for them.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL, Arg rotate out almost the entire backline. Argie B team should be good enough for Fozzie's fuckups.

15. Emiliano Boffelli *
14. Santiago Cordero *
13. Juan Cruz Mallía *
12. Jerónimo De La Fuente *
11. Ramiro Moyano *
10. Nicolás Sánchez
9. Felipe Ezcurra *
8. Facundo Isa *
7. Marcos Kremer
6. Pablo Matera (c)
5. Lucas Paulos *
4. Guido Petti
3. Santiago Medrano *
2. Julián Montoya
1. Mayco Vivas *

Sounds like hot weather expected. NZ sides have suffered brainmelt in a few hot weather matches in last few years. Advantage: Argies.

Plumtree in the papers today spouting "we've worked out what these Argies are all about now".

FFS.

You'd think these clowns wouldve learned after the captain's "our fans are morans" foot-in-mouth debacle the other day.

If they lose, Plumtree's just gone and biffed more accelerant on the coaching crew bonfire. "I though you geniuses said you'd figured the Argies out last week?"

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hardly a B team though. De La Fuente, Cordero and Boffelli are first choice imo, and Moyano aint exactly bad.

Isa starting also makes their backrow stronger.

I am enjoying how upset a mere two (2) losses has made you.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Plumtree in the papers today spouting "we've worked out what these Argies are all about now".

Successive to an extensive review by our analytics staff involving a decomposed artificial neural network based fuzzy logic constrained Polymorphic Euclidean Adaptive Region tree model, we have discerned that the sub-optimal outcome of the afore-played rugby union football test match was the Argentine national rugby union football team engaged in the playing of a match of rugby union football. This was a heretofore unexpected turn of events.

Subsequent to to this startling revelation, we are confident (p = 1) that our intricate tactical innovation of 'engage transferal of positive possessionatory incidents to Savea-the-younger or whatever-the-fuck-number-Barrett-Beaudy-is posthaste' will yield the expected results. This innovation is 1000 fold cross-validated via haruspicy-based predictive methods.

I hope this is not too complex for you hoi polloi to follow.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am enjoying how upset a mere two (2) losses has made you.

Please refrain from revelling in my palpable distress.
Hardly a B team though. De La Fuente, Cordero and Boffelli are first choice imo, and Moyano aint exactly bad.

Isa starting also makes their backrow stronger.
Sooooooooooooooo what your saying is the All Blacks lost to the Argie B team last time.

Well, that's just great.

Bloody great.

This will be their A team.....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Successive to an extensive review by our analytics staff involving a decomposed artificial neural network based fuzzy logic constrained Polymorphic Euclidean Adaptive Region tree model, we have discerned that the sub-optimal outcome of the afore-played rugby union football test match was the Argentine national rugby union football team engaged in the playing of a match of rugby union football. This was a heretofore unexpected turn of events.

Subsequent to to this startling revelation, we are confident (p = 1) that our intricate tactical innovation of 'engage transferal of positive possessionatory incidents to Savea-the-younger or whatever-the-fuck-number-Barrett-Beaudy-is posthaste' will yield the expected results. This innovation is 1000 fold cross-validated via haruspicy-based predictive methods.

I hope this is not too complex for you hoi polloi to follow.

tenor.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fairly easy choice.

eaf62f6cc06669d8cf32e2be4c6923f6.gif

The new AB coach seen here pushing just the
right buttons towards masterfully motivating
the airport toilet sex-pest halfback onto higher
levels of performance.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Kind of morbidly fascinated to see how many matches the AB's would lose in a row before Dan54 would actually concede that just maybe Fozzie my potentially possibly perhaps be not quite up to the task...

To be fair, Dan's said that he'd "like to see Akira get a run," which is surely a sign of end times.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Fairly easy choice.

eaf62f6cc06669d8cf32e2be4c6923f6.gif

The new AB coach seen here pushing just the
right buttons towards masterfully motivating
the airport toilet sex-pest halfback onto higher
levels of performance.

Bringo!

To bring this thread back on track somewhat, I’m hoping NZ pinch this by a narrow margin in a sloppy, brutal, turgid affair. Foster is kept on, Scott Robinson signs up to coach Namibia, Sam Cane again tells NZ fans to GTFO and is sent to Pitcairn for the rest of eternity, Afterdavid is made captain and creates a third haka with choreography inspired by his toilet tryst, and the forum melts down as Dismal goes NUCLEAR.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If NZ win without a BP then we still have a chance of winning if we win by a bonus point the following weekend right?

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
If NZ win without a BP then we still have a chance of winning if we win by a bonus point the following weekend right?

Yep. All teams are on 6 points but the Wallaby points differential is awful due to Sydney Bledisloe.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Finally got around to watching last week's Breakdown which featured a comparison of AB tactics etc in Bledisloe 3 (B3) & v Argentina. A few things stood out:

In B3 the majority of carries into contact started with a pass from the 10, v Arg in was mostly off the 9. Also v Arg the 10 was very static compared to B3 which (a) telegraphs the carry off 9 is coming & (b) puts the entire AB backline in a holding pattern.

In B3 14 blindside attacks were constructed, several leading to overlaps inc the 7:2 from which a try was scored: v Arg there were three & two ended with the ball going over the sideline.

In B3 they kicked much more & with greater variety in terms of depth & direction/ contestability than v Arg.

All of these resulted in what we all saw: AB playing far too narrow & continually trucking it up into the Arg defence who probably couldn't believe their luck to begin with & just kept smashing us back all night long. So essentially we ended up playing the sort of game Arg prefer, rather than dictating the terms.

So, looking forward to this week it's obvious that, apart from not giving away dumb-arse penalties & attempting to body-check/ trip runners (imagine the carnage if Frizell had prevented Sanchez's run & got carded), we need a game plan closer to B3 than v Arg: a 10 in motion causing uncertainty in the defence, looking for mismatches (fast man on slower man, big man on smaller man, more men on fewer) & exploiting them; a more varied kicking game from 9, 10 & back-3 inc chips & grubbers; but most of all to recognise what's working & keep doing it, and what's not working & STOP DOING IT.

Personnel-wise I think Akira & Sotutu have to start & im not sure I'd even have ASav on the bench, I feel Papali'i probably offers more. PT looks shot so, yeah, give Vaai another shot with ScoBar on the bench. Mo'unga 10, Reiko 14, Jordie 15, Weber 21 & Beaugan (who's off to Japan next week btw) 23.