• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Argentina, Nov 28, 2020

New Zealand vs Argentina Nov 28, 2020

• I hope they both lose.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I'm negative like that.

• NZ 72-3

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • GO ARGENTINA

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I want the All Blacks to win.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I want the All Blacks to win so they keep putzbrain Fozzie and continue to lose for years to comeLOL

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Argentina to win a tight one

• NZ to win a tight one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZ to win by 20+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Another draw please.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I thought it was maybe a red too, but Berry has been a bit strange most of night. Just 3 minutes before he gave ABs a penalty, TJ throws ball back to Sotutu who was standing behing scrum who takes a tap and he stops it and says it has to be taken behind the scrum, he was standing behind the scrum!!!
Ok but they’re not equivalent in any way.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Blind, dumb and deaf child woulda scored both of em
Cyclo's Verdict:
200w.webp

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yep, now they've just gotta get the loose forward balance right!

6. Akira
7. Cane
8. Sotutu
20. Papali'i

Still too much one-out off 9 for my liking & some of those kick passes were dreadful, I did wonder if the field was maybe 3-5m narrower than say ANZ or Suncorp.

It's a minor point but the Comms spent considerable time rabitting on about AB needing four tries for a BP: SANZAAR went to the +3 BP system sme years ago - just to be sure they hadn't gone back I checked it & it's still the case - so Nisbo etc really should've known that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No we still only need one bonus point, it’s the PD that is insurmountable

Yep sorry mate, it a kind of standing joke me and a few mates have after watching a blowout test during a world cup, reckon if it gets to 50 points difference with 20 mins or less to go just give the winning team an extra bonus point and knock it on head. I forgot not everyone was there when we were drinking and came up with it:D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Akira was sensational.

Big ball runs, big defence, winning lineouts, stole lineouts, won other turnovers.

The AB 6 jersey is his.

He definitely looked like he ready, I was probably most impressed with his lineout work. And as you all know I always reckoned he wasn't ready (mainly to f***en dumb and lazy) up till this year, and am real pleased that he looks like he has grown up and showing what he can do. Let's hope he keeps it up, and doesn't revert to what he was, but get the impression he has learnt.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And that game was a reminder where games are won and lost, only real difference was forward pack stood up and gave Pumas a hiding, I never thought the backs were particularly great. Will add that RM looked like he was playing from the DMac playbook at times with sideways running etc, just a little unlike him, and perhaps the Puma's defence was pretty hard around his channel. He still was ok, but like the rest of backs that was about it, I thought JB did one or 2 good things with a bloody good workrate, but not sure workrate alone makes up for lack of genuine pace on wing. Still think he a 12. But anyway should be happy with a good win on a sweltering night.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I can’t recall ABs playing a possession game before. The counter seemed to be ditched as the coaches worked the poor pigs in Simpson Desert conditions. Set piece by ABs looked recalcitrant, prefer to be anywhere else, but we’re here so muscle up and get on with the job.

They are not “looking good” but they have reset a backbone. It won’t be easy back to #1 but yesterday they started the journey with grumpy determination.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Result not quite enough for AB to overtake Ringinland in World Rankings but does narrow the gap:

2. England 88.73 were 88.73
3. NZ 88.50 were 88.17

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can I say one little point, I love the welcome to the country, but last test was Rugby League and this one involved Netherlands according to speaker. I think it needs to be pointed out that it such a great idea to do, it's important not to turn it into a joke!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Result not quite enough for AB to overtake Ringinland in World Rankings but does narrow the gap:

2. England 88.73 were 88.73
3. NZ 88.50 were 88.17

Too soon. England beat Wales for +0.40 to 89.13. The gap widened. NZRU will need to lose their aversion to playing England and hope that the Springboks do not continue with their plan of retiring while in front.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
^ not according to this

http://www.lassen.co.nz/pagmisc.php#hrh

Edit: home (Eng) 88.73, away (Wal) 79.97. A three point win to Eng doesn't change the points for either team.

Also, NZR will doubtless overcome their aversion to playing Ringinland when The RU overcome their aversion to sharing the proceeds of the match :)

Happy to be corrected. I had Wales (Home) 13 Eng (away) 24 for 11 point win.

+.40 to England

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
No mate wasn't meaning it in that way, just meant I thought Berry perhaps wasn't as relaxed (confident?) as perhaps he could of been. Think if he had of been he may of looked at a red card.
Yep, he was a bit off. I think those two red cards in Brisbane may have rattled him.