• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia Oct 11 2020 Bledisloe Cup

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Personally I much prefer Queenstown where they going to be based. But I go along with KOB, have a good workout wherever they are for a week or so, then just head over about a 10 days or so out, give a good solid week's build up to test. It almost mirrors what ABs are doing too. They have a camp now, then going back after 3 days, then a camp early next week, then I think they assemble a week or so ahead of test.
A bit of tongue in cheek, both places are great spots for a camp and a holiday (although, I think Queenstown is off the cards now).

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The young fellas who graduated from the Junior Wallabies also gave the Junior All Blacks a couple of drubbings they won't forget any time soon.

012.gif

(until they retain the bledisloe but for now the Aussie boys are sweeeeet)

b12.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whenever a team rolls into town & everyone says they've little or no chance, I get really nervous. In this case I think it's possible Fozzie will try to put his "best players" out there which isn't necessarily his "best team" of players (guys out of position, out-of-balance units, etc). I reckon this is a real banana skin (but also believe if we do lose in Wellywood there's no way we also lose in Aucks/ Dunners).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So assuming that Samu, Valetini, Wright and Wilson are the four frontrunners for the extra three (including the bench) backrow spots, it's likely going to be one of the following variations:

6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Samu

6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Wilson

6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson

6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Samu

6. Samu
7. Hooper
8. Wilson

6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Valetini

I've bolded what I believe are the three most ideal options.

Valetini and Wilson gives you a lot of bulk, but no lineout jumpers.

Wright and Samu gives you plenty of jumpers and mobility, but too lightweight.

Wright and Valetini provides a high workrate off the ball, but no dynamic ball carriers.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
So assuming that Samu, Valetini, Wright and Wilson are the four frontrunners for the extra three (including the bench) backrow spots, it's likely going to be one of the following variations:

6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Samu

6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Wilson

6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson

6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Samu

6. Samu
7. Hooper
8. Wilson

6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Valetini

I've bolded what I believe are the three most ideal options.

Valetini and Wilson gives you a lot of bulk, but no lineout jumpers.

Wright and Samu gives you plenty of jumpers and mobility, but too lightweight.

Wright and Valetini provides a high workrate off the ball, but no dynamic ball carriers.

I saw what you did! thanks mate.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would be going for experience over potential for the Bledisloe. Also, whilst a guy like Lolesio has shown promise, the experienced players have also been some of the best performers week in/ week out. I would say the only young gun who has completely kicked out an incumbent would be Petaia/Kuridrani.

* Team rehab fit and healthy (Petaia, Uelese, To'omua, DHP)
* Foreign players are unavailable for Bledisloe

1. Sio 2. Fainga'a 3. Ala'alatoa
4. Simmons 5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Wilson 8. Samu 7. Hoops
9. White 10. To'omua 11. Koroibete 12. JOC (James O'Connor) 13. Petaia 14. Daugunu 15. DHP

16. Uelese 17. Slipper 18. Tupou 19. Phillips 20. Valetini 21. Wright 22. Mcdermott 23. Hodge

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
That could work. That front row has been dished up by the reds a few times. The reserves will bring it home strong.
Thats the 23 I would go with but I might change a few starters.
Uelese in for FF (Folau Fainga'a)
Phillip in for Simmons
Wright in fir Daugunu

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
But Wright is? Both rookies.

The point is that Wright is a better balanced player offering a ball-playing winger with a boot. As Rennie said to the Media,
"Daungunu could beat you in a telephone booth", has electric feet and defends well (when he has his technique dialled in).

The difficultly in playing Daungunu is pairing him with Koroibete - it leaves you with an imbalance in the back three.

The ABs would pepper the corners all day.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
The point is that Wright is a better balanced player offering a ball-playing winger with a boot. As Rennie said to the Media,
"Daungunu could beat you in a telephone booth", has electric feet and defends well (when he has his technique dialled in).

The difficultly in playing Daungunu is pairing him with Koroibete - it leaves you with an imbalance in the back three.

The ABs would pepper the corners all day.

I appreciate that, but I must admit I haven't seen a great deal of evidence to show that Wright has a boot and is capable of back field positional kicks.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I appreciate that, but I must admit I haven't seen a great deal of evidence to show that Wright has a boot and is capable of back field positional kicks.

Both JOC (James O'Connor) and To'omua are. There may be some disagreement but for me ditto Hodge.