• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-Australian Super Rugby - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Teach, they not on sale, I just jumped in and managed to prebook tickets because we coming from overseas (I think) and they not Platinum, just gold, which is all touring parties can buy I think!!

Rob Ward

Bob McCowan (2)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Plenty of coast-to-coast Polynesian b-ball puts Rene the re-a-Ranger over in the corner loig styles (minus Gus Gould's vox-wank commentary). Bloos 8-0 & should be more, really.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Excellent lineout drive forces Ioane to join the maul, VV sees him leave the D-line, breaks off the maul & goes over through the resulting hole. Bloos 8-7.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The ref in the Blues vs. Hurricanes, and his video ref mate, are absolute kooks.

Since when is a knock-on looking fine in 'real-time' not a knock on?

-----

"Ahh yes, could you just give me a clear indication if there is any reason I cannot award a try?"

. . .

"Well, I've had a look and it seems the knock on looks fine in real-time , so you can award the try".

"Erm, yes, thats why I asked you to review it. It seemed negligible but I was hoping you could slow it down for me and give me a clear indication if the ball was knocked on?"

"No I can't. Well, I could actually, but I'm not going to. Hang on, even thats not true. I can, and I have, but I'd prefer to see it as you did. No knock on, award the try".

"But, I think before I do we should check the -"

"- award the fucking try".

-----

And then the nerve to call back the Blues set piece play to check if there was a forward pass! The pass looked fine in real-time, why even bother?

Not to mention the Canes have gotten away with murder at the ruck. I'm about to have a fucking aneurysm.

If this is what watching the Blues is like on a week-to-week basis I'm not surprised Dismal Pollock is the way he is.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Attempted Paremoremo jailbreak comes up short. Bloos, so dominant in the first 20, must be wondering WTF happened in the other 60 (actually 64 thanks to the new post-siren penalty ELV).

Seriously good game, glad I don't have to write the 200-word match report!

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I want to say 'thank god for viewing in real time'.

that was the greatest breath of fresh air in a long time.

I reckon view the replay ONLY in real time, none of this slowing down shit.

The video ref is only there to back up decisions made by the ref or touchie. They ONLY see it in 'real time', therefore the review should only be in real time.

on the flip side, in 'real time' it was clear the pass was forward (for the disallowed blues try). Sadly, but obvious.

I was cheering when the try was awarded. common sense finally prevailed.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Here we are at Round 3 and the usual Blues routine is up and running.

wheelchburn.gif

That being, fleeing work in the flaming wheelchair every Friday afternoon like a bolt shot from the cock of Thor to hopefully catch the last 20 minutes or if its not televised (bloody TODAY) find there's no internet stream for the match and the fucking useless Blues wankers lost in a galling and ignominious way anyway.

compsmash.gif

G

galumay

Gawd, the poor old Blues still finding new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Ok so they lost it a fair way before full time, but even so...

Once again a team on paper that should challenge most others....losing most games. Deja Vu.

At least Dismal Pillock's post cheered me up!

ps Not sure I like the one thread for all the games other than ones oz teams are playing in. Its much better when there are discrete threads and it makes the site look slightly less parochial.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hopefull we'll see a bit of Carel Doeps laaitie. Spend his first year at the Sharks Academy

S24
Carel's son has 'x-factor'

5a890a443fc0455ba9389a3a5ee429dc.jpg

Jean-Luc du Plessis (Gallo)
Cape Town - Jean-Luc du Plessis is set to make his Super Rugby debut for the Stormers against the Sharks this weekend, and coach Robbie Fleck is expecting big things.
Du Plessis (21), son of legendary Springbok and Western Province wing Carel, has been named on the Stormers bench for Saturday's Newlands clash after Robert du Preez injured his knee against the Cheetahs.
Kurt Coleman is promoted to the starting line-up, but there will be a large group of Stormers supporters keen to see how the son of a Bok great performs when given his chance.
Coach Robbie Fleck is confident.
"Jean-Luc will bring something different. He’s got a bit of x-factor, he’s got a good boot, a good distribution game and he communicates really well," the Stormers coach said.
"He’s a young kid whose keen to show what he’s made from.
"He’s a talented individual and a player that I coached last year in the U-21s and we’ve got a good relationship. He’s a talented flyhalf and certainly a player that can mix it at this level.
"I’m looking forward to see how it goes … he’s been training hard and just been waiting for his opportunity and obviously he’s got it now. It’s important that he goes in there nice and confident and does the basics well and if he does that then you’ll see there’s something there."

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues v Hurricanes highlights:

Blues fans blowing up about a coupla TMO calls. FWIW I thought the Savea "knock on" wasn't, ball seemed to more-or-less revolve on the spot rather than go forward per se; on the forward pass call that saw the Li try get called back, pretty sure we've all seen worse let go.................

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Told a bloke at work to stick some money on Lions @ $4, may need to remind him that I did say "gamble responsibly" :)

Clan 10-0 Lions, Faddes the opening try.

Status
Not open for further replies.