• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-Australian Super Rugby - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Smith & Faddes score in the space of three min & nek minnit Clan 24-3 Lions, whose bubble hasn't so much burst as exploded.

G

galumay

Yep, got the feeling the Highlanders were getting on top as the first half went on. They are playing complete rugby - and another try as i type!

G

galumay

Thats a killer, two tries straight after oranges, bloody hard to lift from that for the Lions.

G

galumay

Its one of those funny games where both sides are playing pretty well, but only one is scoring the points!

Highlanders defence has been awesome.

G

galumay

Another try for the Lions, denying the Highlanders a bonus point for now.

Would have been a lot closer if not for that 5 minutes after oranges - which is stating the bleeding obvious but the Lions were generally pretty competitive in the second half.

G

galumay

A typical Kiwi side, lots of opportunity created from turnover ball and stoic defence. Hard to see the Tah's having enough in the tank to overcome the Highlanders in that form. Lions will go away not too disappointed, a good start to their season and some nice wins under the belt on the road.

Good game to watch.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Some glorious **JAILBREAK** action there from The Highlanders.

jailbreak_zps2a2few9v.gif

Highlanders high-tail it the fuck out of Carisbrook and
head straight for the tryline at Forsyth Barr.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A typical Kiwi side, lots of opportunity created from turnover ball and stoic defence. Hard to see the Tah's having enough in the tank to overcome the Highlanders in that form. Lions will go away not too disappointed, a good start to their season and some nice wins under the belt on the road.

Good game to watch.

Victory may have come expensively, tho: Wheeler, Osborne & Pryor all came off under the concussion protocol & Squire was a late withdrawal so Clan will be sweating on those four plus Tanaka.

Not sure they'll have the firepower to take the 'tahs down at home (is it Allianz or ANZ?) but then again I didn't think so prior to the SF last year, either...........

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Looks like a virtually empty stadium in Singapore. Who'd have thought it could be so tough for two foreign teams to get a crowd in a country where no one really watches Rugby apart from expats?

Sheer genius decision to put games there

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ Comms said 10K, read somewhere stadium holds 55K so I think theyre being generous.

Yamada goes airborne into the corner, Pisi converts, 7-0.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
^^^^^^^^^ Comms said 10K, read somewhere stadium holds 55K so I think theyre being generous.

Yamada goes airborne into the corner, Pisi converts, 7-0.

Definitely fudging those figures with that one.

Great start for the Sunwolves. I really hope they manage to wrack up a few wins.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Wow! If that's a try it's one of the best of the season!

Taking their fucking time on this. The bunker would have awarded it 5 minutes ago if it was the NRL

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yamada made that more difficult than it should have been. Dove too high in the air to give the defender the opportunity to carry him out. But a great try in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.