• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-Australian Super Rugby - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
For the second week in a row the Sunwolves were on the other end of a fairly ordinary refereeing performance. The rookie refs are seemingly being sent out to these games to cut their teeth.

To concur with what someone said earlier, the Singapore experiment needs to be put to bed.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tecklenburg has been cited for the flying clean out that put Pryor out've the match. No word yet on the state of Pryor, Wheeler or Osborne, I guess they'll do their tests today & we may hear something tomorrow.

Big win for the Chiefs overnight:

Chiefs 58 (Sam Cane 2, Damian McKenzie, Taleni Seu, Charlie Ngatai, Aaron Cruden, Glen Fisiiahi tries; Damian McKenzie 7 con, 3 pen) Southern Kings 24 (Edgar Marutlulle 2 tries; Louis Fouche con, 4 pen). HT: 27-12.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
thought 2 of Yamada's 3 tries were due to forward passes. Ref caught up in the moment perhaps, yay, Sunwolves, this is so romantic oooh, what a lovely try scoring dive, the crowd love it, better not rain on the parade.

Chiffs game, one look at the sunny afternoon weather, the surface, the opposition and I thought Chiefs 80. The other team can get what they like. Chiefs looked shit for first 20 though. Rudderless and oh god the tight 5, fuckup after fuckup. Kind of thought the hometown ref was giving his boys every chance too. Crook lineouts, play on, nah that's not a knock-on, etc. Then the Kings just started coughing it up and hello that means counter attack, broken play, Chiefs love that shit, sunny day, hawd fawst surface, shonky opponent, thanks for coming

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Stormers still cannot score enough points. Same old same old as the last few years. Great defense but attack is crap.

Rob Ward

Bob McCowan (2)
For the second week in a row the Sunwolves were on the other end of a fairly ordinary refereeing performance. The rookie refs are seemingly being sent out to these games to cut their teeth.

To concur with what someone said earlier, the Singapore experiment needs to be put to bed.
Relatively good atmosphere given 8,800 crowd. Rugby was entertaining and seating good. Big negative was the service outlets - 30 minutes to get beer in first half even though crowd small. Hub officials need to appreciate the needs of different demographics or this experiment will fail dismally. Over 90% of crowd were expats.

T

TOCC

Singapore isn't an experiment, it's a compromise.. And the greatest obstacle to removing Singapore fixtures is South African Rugby, a body not known for fair, open or equitable discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The real problem is Argentina. Because of location they fit best into the SA conference. 3 hours closer flight than NZ and 5 hrs time difference as opposed to 16 if they were in the NZ conference.

But ideally if Arg were in NZ, we could take the Sunwolves and leave SA with their 6 teams.

I wonder if Argentina were given the option they would choose to go to the NZ conference. Time difference for away games suck, but getting to play more NZ teams is better for business.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The real problem is Argentina. Because of location they fit best into the SA conference. 3 hours closer flight than NZ and 5 hrs time difference as opposed to 16 if they were in the NZ conference.

But ideally if Arg were in NZ, we could take the Sunwolves and leave SA with their 6 teams.

I wonder if Argentina were given the option they would choose to go to the NZ conference. Time difference for away games suck, but getting to play more NZ teams is better for business.

Technically, its five hours time difference as opposed to eight, which is not hugely significant. Until there is an American conference, we should have three conferences of six teams. This minimises the travel in total and makes for a simpler-in-concept system. Why they didn't do this I have no idea.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Logistical Problems would emerge with 6 member groups.

Like, if you play everybody twice, that's 10 games. That's a bit too many IMO. If 3 by 5 was optimized, that would have been 8 within, 10 without, which would have been great.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Technically, its five hours time difference as opposed to eight, which is not hugely significant. Until there is an American conference, we should have three conferences of six teams. This minimises the travel in total and makes for a simpler-in-concept system. Why they didn't do this I have no idea.
Technically correct I suppose, just unfortunately played on the wrong day.

Though I will admit to being ignorant of Argentinian sporting culture. It might not bother them. But I know if my team was playing an away game in NZ, starting at 7pm local time on Friday, I'd be very unlikely to see it at 3am on Friday morning. Though 2pm Friday arvo might be a good excuse for an early knock off to watch.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You're stuck with us. Suck it up.
No unhappiness here on account of SA staying in Super Rugby. I think it makes it a significantly better comp.

Just thinking out loud that surely there is a better way than widely uneven conferences.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
you guys need de Allende but you are not goign to score enough tries with Coleman at 10.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ja Fleck give me worries. He let Cloete go to the Kings, the 6 we needed utgently and he keep on playing has been Schalk Burger who is well past his sell by date. He have tested Coleman now for ages, Coleman cost us a home semi last year and he still keep on selecting him. We need Carels laaitie in 10.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ can't help it if the 'canes PR people are as overly optimistic as ever they were :)

Tecklenburg gets a week for putting Pryor out got for God knows how long (yeah, I know, length of injury shouldn't be a factor blah blah, but still........)

Status
Not open for further replies.