• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

November Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
ASmith needs to be dropped IMO, he was awful in just about every aspect, as does Fekitoa who may have scored twice but made things more difficult than they needed to be, that brainless high tackle let Ireland back into it just when it looked like we were getting some dominance.

Smith has been outplayed twice by Murray.

Fekitoa has been sighted so should be rubbed out so you will get your wish with that one.

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
If Cane got done for that tackle I for one will be really pissed off and wondering what the world has come to.

LOL - seriously?? That was the most pre-meditated hit of the game - Clearly he tried to make it look like an accident but he was gunning for him...

Also love to see some kind of graphic showing the incidence of penalties inside AB's 22 - not jsut in this game but across their last dozen or so.

They have a clear tactic to give away 3pts to stop 7 - granted makes sense but very cynical and refs should have zero tolerance for this tactic...

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
LOL - seriously?? That was the most pre-meditated hit of the game - Clearly he tried to make it look like an accident but he was gunning for him.

Just looked again, yeah stand by my thoughts. Obviously I accept your thoughts differ!!

Cane was lining him up, no doubt about that, which I woulda thought was an essential component of making a 'big hit'. But it has to be taken into account that the 'pin ball effect' happened as paddy hit, and spun off, the previous tackler and ricocheted into and towards Cane and heading downwards as he did so.

Slow motion always makes it appear worse. But the tackle, due to the ricochet, happened earlier than Cane was expecting. In real life there is absolutely no way any of us have the reflexes to change our actions and adjust this quickly..what was it, a hundred milliseconds or something?

This incidentally also proves Cane had no ill intent..as we are unable to adjust our actions that quickly it also means he did not 'start to use his arms to make it look like an accident', those arms MUST have always been intended to be used, our reaction times are simply not fast enough to give the intent you see.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Haaaaaaaaaa..........

"All I want to say is that I would like to see some consistency in the same game," he said afterwards.

"Because I saw the same thing happen to us but no one was penalised or yellow carded."

Photographic evidence seems to support Hansen's claim.

Herald photographer Brett Phibbs snapped this shot of Brodie Retallick copping what looks like a no-arms tackle from his Irish opponent ..... and with the first point of contact looking like it is flush on the big All Black's jaw.

Followed by photo that doesn't really support that accusation.........

reta_620x310.jpg
URL]

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Haaaaaaaaaa....
So it seems mr Hansen also gets grumpy and not just our mr cheika.

International coaches will get grumpy now and again on decisions / how portrayed by media so just shows cheika not alone contrary to nz press on cheika clowngate stuff as their own coach surprise surprise displayed similar grumpiness. Nothing here time to move on - just passing comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Haaaaaaaaaa....

Followed by photo that doesn't really support that accusation...

reta_620x310.jpg
URL]

About as much support as anything I've seen on Cane. Not to mention the high tackle on Barrett.

So it seems mr Hansen also gets grumpy and not just our mr cheika.

International coaches will get grumpy now and again on decisions / how portrayed by media so just shows cheika not alone contrary to nz press on cheika clowngate stuff as their own coach surprise surprise displayed similar grumpiness. Nothing here time to move on - just passing comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is Hansen is responding to the accusations of the All Blacks being dirty. It seems the 'invisible cloak' everyone claims the All Blacks have also works against them when they are on the receiving end of high tackles or cheap shots - no-one sees it. I dare say that if there wasn't so much finger pointing being done, Hansen wouldn't be talking about it.

Cheika starts this stuff all by himself.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bullrush, I tend to agree here with Rugbynutter up to a point, we all read whatever we want into what coaches etc say, and really in a lot of cases we are only reading what part the media want to feed us I actually quite enjoyed the way Chuckles summed up how he thought the French scrum dominated the Wallabies, saying we have trained to scrum straight etc etc and maybe...(without saying anyone cheated) I actually thought I was listening to Shag. The same as the dirty players etc, many on Green and Gold rugby will accuse ABs of being dirty players because that is what suits them, same thing goes on with many supposed rugby supporters from NZ, SA ,England and Ireland etc. A lot of Irish "supporters" wouldn't of 'seen' Sexton's high shot or Read getting dropped on with someone's knee at one stage ( I never noticed who), just as probably noone noticed Foley seemingly making contact with a face in French test, unless they were French. Who sees a Red player offside or make a high shot against the Tahs, but someone from NSW etc. The unfortunate thing we come into forums to discuss rugby (instead of in a pub etc over a beer) and so instead of replying or commenting straight away we tend to have people stewing over things and then making comment! Although I and most I hope come into because we enjoy talking rugby, you have to realise that some (from all over the world) come into because they want to say why they are right to support their team, players , coaches etc, and so will rubbish everyone else and perhaps is what is the biggest turn off in rugby or a lot of sports as far as I can see!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And talking about the Irish team, how good was Sean O'Brien (not sure of spelling) he really impressed me , worked his arse off I thought and was best flanker I saw on weekend's games!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
IMHO SO'B outplayed Pocock (who was pretty damn good for the Men in Gold) over the weekend, with the margin between them about thr same as the width of the Pacific Ocean.

He and Heaslip will need to be contained for the Men in Gold to bring the bacon home. Rory Best and the young prop played exceptionally well also.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Must have been outstanding if he rated better than Pocock in anyone's opinion.

Yep as HJ said Brumby, although Pocock player well SOB was I thought incredible, and i would of had no problem with him being names MOTM even if he in losing team (in fact I tend to think he was), he reminded me of McCaw at his best in the way he looked like he absolutely gave it everything he had and I imagine he would of been absolutely knackered at end of game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No BSmith so what does Shag do with his back 3?

Option A: 15 Dagg 14 Naholo 11 Savea & dare the French to kick & chase which appears to be their preferred strategy anyway. Naholo & Savea together has never worked IMO so why would it now?

Option B: 15 Barrett 14 Dagg 11 Naholo or Savea who was ordinary in Dublin 10 Cruden. I'd prefer to see this, with Barrett & Cruden trading places for set piece as I think Beaugan's superior pace is of more use, witness his try in Dublin. Also with three genuine counter-attackers at the back maybe the French won't kick so much. But, being French, they probably will anyway.

ASmith was woeful in Dublin, TJP for 9, please, TKB for 21 & AS in the stands.

Other issue is midfield, even if by some miracle Fekitoa doesn't get suspended he should be dropped. Assuming Crotty's fit I'd leave ALB at 13 with Ioane getting say 20-25 minutes at centre.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A South African newspaper, The Rapport, has published player ratings for the Italy game & given everyone a 0:

image.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the bit alongside Nizaam Carr translates as something like "why was he on the field", perhaps one of our Afrikaans-speaking members can confirm?

Reactions: SDR
Status
Not open for further replies.