• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2016 - Grand Final - NSW Country Eagles vs Perth Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
NSW Country Eagles vs Perth Spirit in Tamworth
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant referees: William Houston, Rohan Hoffmann
Television match official: George Ayoub

At least it isn't Stuart Berry. You can do a lot worse than Nick.

N

NTT

Spirit have named a very strong team as have NSW Country. Louwrens vs Gordon is a preview of the next halfback in line for the Wallabies i believe. Godwin has been playing really well for the Eagles as has Taps for the Spirit. Perry, Figg and Ward vs Hardwick, Stander and RHP is going to be pivotal. Both backrows have been highly influential for both teams and will go a long way to determining the winner. I would give Hardwick a slight edge over Perry.
This is the final the NRC deserves for the competitiveness that has been shown by all teams. The up and comers getting to test themselves against the current Super Rugby players. Long live the NRC!

As a Spirit fan though, I am backing the Spirit to win by 16.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like your post NTT, and like you I think the future Wallaby No 9s just might be on show in this game.

But I think the Eagles will get the bickies in a tight game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jake Gordon has had two great years of NRC as well as pretty good seasons of Tier 4 (not Tier 3.5) Club Rugby recently.

He is Waratahs EPS at the moment but must be close to getting a full contract and a possible invite to the Wobs Wider Training Camps. If there is someone to repeat the Tom Robertson bolt into Gold from Tier 3 then Jake might go close for 2017.

Tough gig being a 9 in Tahland with Phipps, followed by Lucas, and Gordon. One of these, or some of the young up and comers must be looking at moving interstate or overseas to try to advance their careers.

The 9's and back up 9's with all Sydney NRC teams are fairly competent, and won't want to be hanging around riding the pine for too long.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Eagles will be favourites but this should be a ball tearer. The way our boys have hit top speed at the right time of the season makes just a little bit hopeful.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tamworth is far enough inland to escape the Tsumani of Phil Kearns Tears.

Everyone from the coast should be there.

11 degrees C in Tamworth ATM. That is real rugby weather.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Spirit are being very adventurous so far and It looks like the Eagles are the mob that has covered the continent three times in the last 14 days.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great solo effort from Luke Morahan resulting in a meat pie to open the account for Spirit.

Lazy defence and poor decision making from Eagles.

Spirit 6 - Eagles 0. 32 minutes gone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
More meat from the Spirit.

Lourwens over in the corner off a quick tap kick.

Spirit 12 Eagles 0 33 minutes,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sam Figg crashes over for a meat pie to open the Eagles account.

Deegan converts.

Spirit 12 Eagles 8 after 37 minutes.

Captain Tessmann has been ruled out of the game due concussion. Rangi is on at Hooker for the Spirit.

Edit:
Oranges and no change to the score.

Spirit piggies looking good at set piece. This is a chess game.

Status
Not open for further replies.