• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Brisbane vs Sydney - 3'408
Canberra vs Perth - 1'500
NSW Country vs Rams - 1'000
Melbourne vs North Harbour - 2'187

Brisbane City and NSW Country games were rain effected i think, but all in all not a bad effort for the first round.

Perth should draw a good crowd next week vs Brisbane City, but it'll be interesting to see how the Rams go on a Thursday night at Parramatta Stadium and Sydney Stars at Balmain.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm most interested in the crowd QLD Country can get. It's free entry so it will show exactly how many people in the Gold Coast are interested. Not sure how many people the ground at Bond Uni can hold, but hopefully it's full.

I hope the NRC can get a few crowds of over 5k during the season. Brisbane City are perhaps the best bet to do that.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't expect heaps to go on the Gold Coast even with the open gates. Probably similar numbers to the non-Brisbane games above.

I think Brisbane could pull in 5000 next time around though as it's a perfect warm up for the Boks Test that night and many people miss afternoon rugby at Ballymore.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Brisbane City v Qld Country game should get a big crowd at Ballymore. It might push the 5k mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, Pfitzy is headed to Parramatta Stadium this Thursday. So strap a pair on mofos and get into it! Half price tickets I'm told.

Plus you get to meet me!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
From my observation, the crowd at the Vikings' game was quite a bit more than 1000. Where did this figure come from?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
City will get 5,000 on that Saturday arvo and if they are near top of the table for the Country game they might even get a bit of press and push 10 on a Sunday arvo.

Ballymore is just fucking awesome to watch Rugby at. The sightlines are better than Suncorp and its got that suburban, amateur, magical feel.

Now if you could get there easily.. wow

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
From my observation, the crowd at the Vikings' game was quite a bit more than 1000. Where did this figure come from?

Since they didn't have turnstiles or anything there, ground officials for their best estimate and that's what they came up with

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unless juniors were free, some were given away, some were bought but not used etc. Crowd numbers are usually measured in attendance, rather then tickets sold.

But if, for eg, 2000 tickets were sold, it would be unlikely that only 1000 turned up. From my position in the stand, I reckon there would have been 300 - 400 on the hill opposite, and the stand was pretty full. I would think upwards of 2000 in the stand.

T

TOCC

I't didn't look like there were 2'400 people there from the video highlights, i think that 1'500 figure sounds pretty accurate.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
But if, for eg, 2000 tickets were sold, it would be unlikely that only 1000 turned up. From my position in the stand, I reckon there would have been 300 - 400 on the hill opposite, and the stand was pretty full. I would think upwards of 2000 in the stand.

This should settle it:

Form the Vikings home page: http://vikingsrugby.com.au/viking-park/

This quality sporting facility can hold up to 8000 people with 1000 people being seated in the grandstand

T

TOCC

Estimates on the crowd at Parramatta tonight?
What would a respectable figure for a NRC game at Parramatta stadium be?

Status
Not open for further replies.