• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Brisbane City vs Melbourne Rising, if 3'500 turned out for the first Thursday night game in the rain then you would hope 4'000 would be a realistic figure for this weekend.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Brisbane City vs Melbourne Rising, if 3'500 turned out for the first Thursday night game in the rain then you would hope 4'000 would be a realistic figure for this weekend.

I do expect it to crack 5000 but I'm trying to keep my hopes on check, particularly given the Thursday night crowd was already very good with regard to expectations.

So far the two games I've been to (Ballymore and Bond) had reds staff working, running events for kids and just generally getting involved. Conversations I heard walking around were generally full of praise for the event and they seem to have done a really good job engaging the fans. Has it been the same for the other sides so far? Particularly the 'unatached' club sides; Stars, Eagles, Rams and Rays (when they get a game)? I know NSWRU doesn't have a direct involvement in the way the other unions do but they stand to gain plenty, it'd be good to see them getting staff involved and helping out, transferring some of that good will the Tahs earned to the NRC teams.

T

TOCC

Disappointing looking crowd at Brookvale for the North Harbour vs NSW Country game.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hats off to the bloke from Gordon Rugby who has dressed up as a highlander. He is trying to fire up a non-existent crowd. But still it's good to see - a bit of passion.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Schoolboy rugby on this weekend will have an effect on the Ballymore crowd. As Reg said on the podcast Terrace v Nudgee will attract a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

All the crowd must have been on the side of the ground that the cameras were on, it looked like barely a few hundred from what you could see on tv.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There seemed to be a decent sort of crowd huddling under cover in the odd shot that panned past the grandstand.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Crowd would have gravitated to the stands, especially in the wet.

They should've put the camera on the hill looking back to the stand.

MFHej8i.jpg

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
IMAG0040.jpg

I took this photo at the Manly v Warringah match at Manly Oval this year. I think they should hire this type of platform to face towards the crowds. I don't think placing the cameras on the hill alone will reach the requirements.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Fair enough. Foxports may have more stringent requirements, and want some decent height. The ARU camera at the Perth game last week was just on a skaffold platfom about 6ft high putting the camera at about 10 ft above the ground. Wasn't too bad for the cheaper coverage version.

Fvcx4nl.png

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Just short of 2,000 tonight.
Pretty good crowd given the conditions and the fact it's a TV game.

I agree, far better than some of the ones I've seen.
Very wet day / night.
School night - so the peninsular struggled to do what it does best with families.
Could be watched on the box.
And there was a big NRL game on as well much as that gives me the shits.

T

TOCC

Schoolboy rugby on this weekend will have an effect on the Ballymore crowd. As Reg said on the podcast Terrace v Nudgee will attract a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its also the end of season juniors day for a lot of clubs across Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.