• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1 Western Force v Qld Country

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good to see some new blood in the mix as well as the players from Perth Club rugby.

Two new recruits have been named to start in the Force’s first game of the 2019 National Rugby Championship on Saturday.

After impressive performances against the Tongan ‘Ikale Tahi national team on the weekend, head coach Tim Sampson has called up former Melbourne Rebels winger Kiti Ratu and 19-year-old Brisbane centre Byron Ralston to take on last year’s runner-up Queensland Country.
“Kiti has great experience having been at the Melbourne Rebels for a few years and the Rising. He showed some good signs in the game last week and I am looking forward to watching him play again,” Sampson said.
“Byron joined us last week and it was all a bit of a whirlwind, but he held his own and handled himself very well.
“He has had a very good season in Queensland Premier Grade rugby and I’m sure he is looking forward to playing against some of his former teammates that he was in the Grand Final with only two weeks ago.”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/star-power-added-to-starting-line-up/

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ah the perils of streaming sports... Oh well, might come back and watch this one later on then

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees I am feeling good with all the talent coming through / shining today - u20 and club players have been very prominent performance wise today - this game no different

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good to see finally all teams taking this competition seriously. Lot of good rugby and performances in todays 4 nrc games. Stream on Rugby.com.au a winner even if I didn't see first half of WF vs QLD country due to stream issues....Just need to sort out the marketing and management of this competition and could yet be successful (should in IMHO announced NRC teams during final club competition games and make a big deal of those club players selected for NRC games at final club games etc and also use opportunity to market to those club supporters to turn up and watch the NRC....same for Tahs....stuff it announce teams at point during both Super Rugby and Club competitions (with flexibilty for change if players selected injured / called up for Wallabies etc).