• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Canberra Vikings v NSW Country Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's a few local guys putting their hands up for the Vikings..........

And they're going to really miss Rory Arnold if he gets a Wallaby call up.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Vikings finally find their scrum dominance. Let's overlook the fact that they are now facing only 7 men and the Eagles second tier pack.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Despite the absolute shit show that was the Vikings performance I was still mighty impressed with Staniforth again............

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
So any expectation of Speight getting a Wallabies call up after this match? Sounds like the Vikings got hammered, which was a surprise.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So any expectation of Speight getting a Wallabies call up after this match? Sounds like the Vikings got hammered, which was a surprise.

Short answer. No. Didn't do enough to justify inclusion. Actually, I cannot think of a single Wallaby or fringe Wallaby that dominated over the weekend. I like to think that has more to do with the growing quality of the competition than the players themselves.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speight showed a bit of pace and good strength in contact but did himself no favours with some dumb errors........

Still a good chance for a call up considering our lack of wing options, but certainly not good enough today.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Short answer. No. Didn't do enough to justify inclusion. Actually, I cannot think of a single Wallaby or fringe Wallaby that dominated over the weekend. I like to think that has more to do with the growing quality of the competition than the players themselves.
or much more worryingly, the playing standard of the Wallabies is not much better than NRC :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.