• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Stars v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Well, looks like I'm watching it on TV tonight, great weather for a game... But i will be attending the NSW Country match on Saturday instead

0ecdd53afe36587759a48a67702736ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Looks serious at this stage, nothing confirmed yet.

Izaia Perese is again impressing me, for an 18year old he is a solid unit.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Perese was crucial to Churchie's GPS Premiership win last year. Wonderful skills and strength. Country's coach - Jason Gilmore - was HC at Churchie last year as well.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clunies-Ross broke his ankle, looked like Mitchell in 2011. Terrible injury for a flyer

Perese was at school last year? Looks very good.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes some local mates and I were going to game tonight at leichardt but we had a rather large night out at trivia do so resigned to watching from home as all a bit dusty

Quality game to watch as been some very good tries scored...

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Side note: all three scorers for QC (Quade Cooper) featured in QLD GPS rugby Premierships 1st XVs for their respective schools in their last year at school.

Greene - BGS - 2012
Tuttle - Nudgee College - 2013
Perese - Churchie - 2014

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes stars struggled with crowds - which is a pity as cracking game....

I would like stars to survive for fact a) leichardt close to home for me and b) great ground to watch rugby at.......

I will be going to other home games as indeed first home game missed as went to all 4 last year...

Sydney Stars could get a top 4 spot this year but crowds remains an issue...

Reactions: gel

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yes stars struggled with crowds - which is a pity as cracking game..

I would like stars to survive for fact a) leichardt close to home for me and b) great ground to watch rugby at...

I will be going to other home games as indeed first home game missed as went to all 4 last year.

Sydney Stars could get a top 4 spot this year but crowds remains an issue.

The one club model narrows their potential supporter base considerably. That and they didn't really start pushing their until right before kick off.

T

TOCC

I was just about to say Greene has tried running the ball too much.. Egg in my face

Status
Not open for further replies.