• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 5: Rams v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Amy went OK. Very quiet, not that there's anything wrong with that. If she keeps up with this attitude the game's not about the ref I'm fine with her. Nic Berry went very well in the earlier match.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought Berry seemed to struggle at scrum time. It appeared to me on a couple of times the two hookers were querying exactly where they should set themselves in relation to his mark, and it didn't look like they got a lot of guidance from him. Anyway, that's how it looked to me.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Amy Perrett did okay, I reckon. I admit a bit of pro-Eastwood bias.

Hadn't thought about the old "sir" habit? What should the players call her? Ma'am? Sounds a bit stuffy.

Miss? Nup.

Maybe just call her Ref. Anyway, I call her gorgeous, in a non-sexist way.

The commentator (Phil Waugh ?) was also impressed. Found the need to tell us once a minute what an excellent game she was having.

I thought she did referee the game very well btw.

N

NTT

I thought Amy Perret did a great job. She made the right call at the end of the game, regardless of the impact on the result. Good to see the women referees doing so well. We had a young woman refereeing WA Premier grade this season. She also did a fantastic job although she had one game in particular that ended in a bit of a farce due to player behavior, which has since resulted in a 2 year suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.