• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting results from Kings v Joeys

13As ... Joeys 45 d Kings 7
14As ... Kings 38 d Joeys 0
15As .... Kings 15 d Joeys 3
16As ... Joeys 31 d Kings 10
2nds ... Joeys 20 d Kings 8
1sts ... Kings 22 d Joeys 18

nice to see results go each way.

Interesting question on CAS thread as to best ever schoolboy game
and in my view ... the best ....almost all involved Joeys, at the magnificent Hunters Hill

games that come to mind include

1. High beating Joeys at Hunters Hill I believe in 1988 ... with that stocky centre .. hodge or something (Hannon being the High coach)

2. Shore beating Joeys at Hunters Hill, with Herscu and Phil Waugh I believe in the team ... not sure the year?

3. have to think about others ... some do involve Joeys winning ;)

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
^^^^

Joeys v Scots 1981 - Tonkin kicks field goal (several minutes after time) to win final round and premiership for Joeys. Col Scots and Tim Gavin in Scots side.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

13As . Joeys 45 d Kings 7
14As . Kings 38 d Joeys 0
15As .. Kings 15 d Joeys 3
16As . Joeys 31 d Kings 10
2nds . Joeys 20 d Kings 8
1sts . Kings 22 d Joeys 18

15As looks like it's a high class competition. I've seen Kings play and they are impressive and they had a close win over Newington in the trial (less that a try IIRC) and now a close game against Joeys.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The Shore 15A's are still playing but will play ad-hoc games as and when they can be organised. They played Cranbrook because Cranbrook A's did not want to play Trinity for reasons similar to why Shore wouldn't play Newington. I was told at the ground that Trinity played Newington A's although I can't confirm that. Shore 15A's won by about 9 tries to 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest, what are these reasons? I thought that Shore had suffered some injuries three weeks in a row last term and didn't have enough quality back-up from the Bs to step up into As for safety reasons, and thus took the decision to withdraw.

I saw parts of the Shore v Cranbrook 15As on Saturday and Shore seemed completely dominant in all facets of the game. Are the injured boys back now?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Out of interest, what are these reasons? I thought that Shore had suffered some injuries three weeks in a row last term and didn't have enough quality back-up from the Bs to step up into As for safety reasons, and thus took the decision to withdraw.

I saw parts of the Shore v Cranbrook 15As on Saturday and Shore seemed completely dominant in all facets of the game. Are the injured boys back now?

AFAIK, Shore 15A's have withdrawn from GPS games altogether. Alternate games to be organised (I suspect many of the boys will play up in the 16's and 16;s go into Opens, when there is no alternate arranged- but I am only assuming that)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
AFAIK, Shore 15A's have withdrawn from GPS games altogether. Alternate games to be organised (I suspect many of the boys will play up in the 16's and 16;s go into Opens, when there is no alternate arranged- but I am only assuming that)

You may well be right, but I wonder about the 16As next year - presumably they'll have the same boys available. It would be extraordinary if they didn't field a 16A team.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
You may well be right, but I wonder about the 16As next year - presumably they'll have the same boys available. It would be extraordinary if they didn't field a 16A team.

Well, lets hope by chance that a few new boys are enrolled for entry in year 10, that coincidentally can play rugby.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

13As . Joeys 45 d Kings 7
14As . Kings 38 d Joeys 0
15As .. Kings 15 d Joeys 3
16As . Joeys 31 d Kings 10
2nds . Joeys 20 d Kings 8
1sts . Kings 22 d Joeys 18

nice to see results go each way.

Interesting question on CAS thread as to best ever schoolboy game
and in my view . the best ..almost all involved Joeys, at the magnificent Hunters Hill

games that come to mind include

1. High beating Joeys at Hunters Hill I believe in 1988 . with that stocky centre .. hodge or something (Hannon being the High coach)

2. Shore beating Joeys at Hunters Hill, with Herscu and Phil Waugh I believe in the team . not sure the year?

3. have to think about others . some do involve Joeys winning ;)

I think Inside Shoulder might trump all of those with Grammar beating Joeys at HH in 1978.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
I
^^^^

Joeys v Scots 1981 - Tonkin kicks field goal (several minutes after time) to win final round and premiership for Joeys. Col Scots and Tim Gavin in Scots side.

Field goal kicked from 40m out, no time left, Joeys Centenary Year. Bunch of no name players, not much pressure.....

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Interesting that the 'memorable moments of the AAGPS rugger' all seem to involve beating Joeys.
My memorable moment is watching the first XV of my final year slay all comers and only concede one try that year.
Joeys old boy of course.
Yep, when I went to School Joeys won 1sts in 5 of the 6 years I was there, and when we beat them in the 15As we were the only grade to win that day. When I played GPS 1sts there were 9 Joeys boys in the 15. If you look at the team photo, you'd think GPS wore cerise and blue socks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Interesting that the 'memorable moments of the AAGPS rugger' all seem to involve beating Joeys.
My memorable moment is watching the first XV of my final year slay all comers and only concede one try that year.
Joeys old boy of course.

And in a few years time Joeys current first XV players will reminisce on how they watched the first XV beat Scots way back in 2009 when they were wee lads at Junior school in Year 5. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 284
Status
Not open for further replies.