• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
QH,

As you can probably appreciate when you are fronted by a chicken/duck emblem at the beginning of the season, which IS funny, and you think/know your team is pretty good, its probably fairly normal to keep the picture up your sleeve.

Anyway, so far it has worked in our favour, and at the end of the day there has been some very good school boy rugby, of different styles, played.

I'm just wondering whether we may have reached the point where the arrogance now being shown by the victors has far exceeded the perceived arrogance expressed by the 'duck egg gang'. Just a thought.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Totally agree. Today's win just confirms they are a gun side that will be talked about and benchmarked against for years. As good as could be reasonably expected they would be, they would have to have exceeded all expectations. Even die hards like WLF

HA Ha, Rich _E, you are right, could not have ever thought any local school boy side could possibly put approx 50 points on nearly every GPS school, except Kings and Scots (I think we all collectively wish this game was next).

Anyway, yes the waves this year have scored many tries, like the good old days, that are a pleasure to watch. Beats the Tahs and super rugby any day!
BY ALL SCHOOLS!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I'm just wondering whether we may have reached the point where the arrogance now being shown by the victors has far exceeded the perceived arrogance expressed by the 'duck egg
gang'. Just a thought.

Rich,

I will have to disagree with you, the initial GPS reaction was tough, but now really who cares, great games all around, and as you said upfont " I hope it is competitive", which is has been.

This exercise has been a real eye opener.

No one wins every every year, I hope this has opened the minds of people so ultimately what is produced is a super comp, and divisions, so the best play the best.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Indeed it was, but what was the story in the 16As where Joeys 16As played Barker 16As and Shore 16As played Joeys 16Bs. I can't recall a similar situation - normally GPS schools play As on As.
I infer it is part of a desire to provide sides with even matches - which is what the different structure was intended to achieve, I think.
It happened last week in 1s -2s at SJC did it not?
If so, and if it sticks this is a new world order which is going to drive those calling for a Super Bowl play off, promotion and relegation and unlimited rounds, to distraction but, but it will provide the kids this is actually about with closer rugby than is produced by coincidences of history 100+ years ago

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Pot. Kettle. Black.

You literally said CAS would win 0 games.

Waverley have won 4 from 5.

Knox 2 from 4.

Barker 2 from 3.

How's them apples?

Backline move you are so childish.
Most of us on the GPS thread have acknowledged that 2 CAS sides would be competitive with the 6 GPS schools.
And that has proven to be the case.
Waverley seem to have a very good side this year up there with the best of the GPS, Knox would appear to be middle of the pack standard having lost to both Newington and now Scots.
Barker I'm not so sure about, didn't they play Joeys 3rd team yesterday. If this is the case then they aren't really a contender.
So there you have it.
2 CAS schools that would be good enough for a joint competition with the 6 GPS schools.
Nothing new here.
Nothing that we wouldn't have already thought.
Perhaps the only surprise is that Waverley appear to have an exceptional side this year, better than in recent years.
The next couple of seasons will determine whether this is a longer term shift from an improved rugby programme or merely a talented group of individuals passing through.
The trials have proved little that we didn't already know.
If a joint competition goes ahead in the future Knox and Waverley have proved they deserve a place in the upper echelon.
I'm still not sure though that a changed competition to include 2 extra sides is worth ditching the long standing tradition that is GPS rugby.
GPS gains little.
For CAS players as individuals there is already a pathway to the NSW side that serves the talented well.
I'm still for retaining a GPS home and away 10 game format.

S

sidelineview

CAS posters.
Post what you want on the Combined Comp thread or the CAS thread.
Dickhead postings should be reported.
Its childish and unnecessary

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
24-17 with 5 minutes left! The crowd thought they were in for an exciting finish however 2 soft tries to joeys let the game go.

Important to note - Joeys had 6 players missing from their Scots win, which included their centres combination Tom Eveleigh and Triston Reilly, who both went off injured in the Waves game. Not sure when they expected to return. I would have expected a fully fit Joeys team would have piled on the points against Shore .

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)
Important to note - Joeys had 6 players missing from their Scots win, which included their centres combination Tom Eveleigh and Triston Reilly, who both went off injured in the Waves game. Not sure when they expected to return. I would have expected a fully fit Joeys team would have piled on the points against Shore .

I was aware. There were also 3 Shore players out! Give the Shore boys a rest mate.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
I'm still not sure though that a changed competition to include 2 extra sides is worth ditching the long standing tradition that is GPS rugby.
I'm still for retaining a GPS home and away 10 game format.

Albeit the longest standing tradition was an 8-team single game format, but that stopped working many years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.