• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Are there any BBQ reports from around the grounds? Hunters Hill is known for its "Rower" creation. Scots usually do well.

picxNht5L.jpg

Massive BBQ news from Stanmore, the area near the stand has been refurbished and the BBQ set up seems to be a lot more amenable to some new creations. Not sure what was on offer today other than traditional fare, but it looked great and I'm expecting big things.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Massive BBQ news from Stanmore, the area near the stand has been refurbished and the BBQ set up seems to be a lot more amenable to some new creations. Not sure what was on offer today other than traditional fare, but it looked great and I'm expecting big things.

Will make this boy smile I'm sure.

IMG_1927.jpg

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Big wins to New in 13As and 14As, 15As won 28-7. Some good wins in lower grades for 13s and 14s too.
Thanks SM for those results, great to see our 14s continuing where they left off from last year. Great to see the 13s starting off their Rugby at Newington with wins. But most of all, great to see the 15As have a good win, even if Scots use Glen Garry as the reason.

As the for the firsts result, I would rather a heavy defeat in the preseason now, as Scots has set the benchmark for Newington to improve and attain for later games. The same could said of other losing results. Mind you I have doubt that Scots teams can improve also. Its for this reason that I regard the current One Round GPS season, as being seriously inferorior to that of the two round season that existed a couple years ago.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Big wins to New in 13As and 14As, 15As won 28-7. Some good wins in lower grades for 13s and 14s too.

Not so much in the 14s though - big wins to Scots in 14B, 14C and 14D and a close win to New in 14E.

New 14A very good, but Scots have closed the gap - all Scots teams very noticeably well-coached in the core skills of the game.

After 5 hours of the icy blast coming off Botany Bay onto Tempe Reserve, followed by 2 hours at the daughter's hockey, I need a good stiff Brandy to thaw out.:)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thanks SM for those results, great to see our 14s continuing where they left off from last year. Great to see the 13s starting off their Rugby at Newington with wins. But most of all, great to see the 15As have a good win, even if Scots use Glen Garry as the reason.

As the for the firsts result, I would rather a heavy defeat in the preseason now, as Scots has set the benchmark for Newington to improve and attain for later games. The same could said of other losing results. Mind you I have doubt that Scots teams can improve also. Its for this reason that I regard the current One Round GPS season, as being seriously inferorior to that of the two round season that existed a couple years ago.

Newington have been moving players around - particuarly in 1s and 2s so far, but it'still a fair bit of ground to make up.