1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by SonnyDillWilliams, Aug 20, 2018.

1. bigmac Billy Sheehan (19)

Successful rowing programs require a large base of tall and fit Anglo saxon students with parents who are willing to invest time and money into rowing program supported by excellent coaches. Shore fits the bill on all three ie students parents and coaches.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
  2. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Most schools have "leadership" scholarships.;)
  3. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

[IMG]
    keenas likes this.
  4. keenas Bob McCowan (2)

What a shame appears to be zero school spirit these days, certainly not what GPS schools were founded on, you only have to look at attendances of 1st XV matches these days which are pathetic with the exception of Joeys and TAS in my day(60's ) attendances were compulsory, unfortunately it appears to be a pattern of this as the years unfold
  5. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

Leadership scholarships at Shore are internally awarded.
    Joker likes this.
  6. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Joeys have the largest boarding population and have the most rugby teams of any school, so you'd expect Joeys to have more spectators at GPS rugby games.

The simple fact is that the demographics of all GPS schools have changed - some more so than others. At Grammar (and High) for example, not only are most of the students and parents geared towards academic performance, but they come from cultures where the mixture of sport and academic isn't their experience. It's not that they aren't interested in rugby, just not really into the sporting side of school at all - sport is done only because Grammar make participation in a summer and a winter sport mandatory.
    Black & White likes this.
  7. CatchnPass Vay Wilson (31)

Joeys attendance is very high because it’s compulsory, not because that’s what boys choose to do on a Saturday afternoon. It may or may not reflect or create a greater school spirit. Whether other schools should also make attendance compulsory in an effort to at least present the appearance of greater school spirit is a matter that would no doubt divide opinion. That Joeys is one of the easier GPS schools to gain admission to suggests that many parents (and boys) don’t want that.
    Quick Hands likes this.
  8. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Awesome video
  9. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

10. Spieber Bob Loudon (25)

Rich_E likes this.
  11. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

12. RuggerFan1 Banned

Attendances are fine at most schools. Scots, View and Shore both have pretty good crowds. Newingtons are quite disappointing, they literally had no one watching their ones at Bellevue hill.
  13. The Honey Badger Jim Lenehan (48)

Huh, you mean Stanmore?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
  14. RuggerFan1 Banned

No I mean Bellevue Hill, not one newington boy came and watched. It didn't even look like their seconds watched.
  15. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Hmm, this sounds like a serious exaggeration.

Bellvue Hill is the only away game that I didn't stay and watch the firsts and there were a reasonable number of Newington boys and parents who do the same most weeks.

The other 5 GPS schools all have upwards of 200 boarders who have to stay and watch the games while Newington have 50. Add to that the fact that all the age group teams play at Centennial Park, so it should come as no surprise that a convoy of cars don't decend on Bellevue Hill given that there's almost no parking there when they arrive.

NO seconds stayed? Really? Wonder where the reserves came from? In fact I think you'll find it's mandatory for the whole 2nds team to stay and watch the 1sts and then go to the after match function.
  16. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

In fact, you're the first nominee for the newest addition to G&GR - the Hyperbowl Award;)

[IMG]
  17. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Bowl???
    Lets see how the GPS bowls look for 2019.

Newington

[IMG]

Riverview

[IMG]

Sydney Grammar

[IMG]

Scots College

[IMG]

St Joseph's College

[IMG]
    The Kings School

[IMG]

Shore

[IMG]

The Armidale School

[IMG]
    Jim Belshaw and Peabody like this.
  18. Spieber Bob Loudon (25)

Where do you think I found the link you plum. Cognitive reasoning not your strong suit?
  19. Joker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

But fighting crime is!!!
    Go plum man!

[IMG]
  20. Hasbeen Syd Malcolm (24)

Come post over on CAS 2019 Joker. The dark side is in need of a masked avenger..