• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
Looking forward to the upcoming season.
Few star players under injury clouds.
Newington star player gone for the season .
Who wins this year GPS v CAS , I think Waverley will be the team to beat in the CAS comp but the GPS comp no standout favourites at the moment in my opinion.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Looking forward to the upcoming season.
Few star players under injury clouds.

Hello Show and Go

I presume you mean,Tolutau Koula,lplease, what was the nature of the injury to this exciting player.

Newington star player gone for the season .
Who wins this year GPS v CAS , I think Waverley will be the team to beat in the CAS comp but the GPS comp no standout favourites at the moment in my opinion.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
They shouldn’t have a problem against Shore...Joeys have the toughest lead up methinks

Scots then Riverview and Kings

damn

Better put the kitchen staff on notice. Protein shakes, steaks and more steaks needed.
Joeys boys will be up for it. My son has watched them train (he is a rower) in the Healy Centre. O'Kane has them firing up with plenty of 1980's heavy metal and old school discipline.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Scots then Riverview and Kings

Yes Joker, but at least they are all home games and the first two are trials.

Joeys v Kings is the first comp game then Joeys has three away comp games v Scots, Shore & Riverview before a final comp game at home v Newington.

In any case it is unlikely that we will be allowed to watch it all from the Rowers BBQ Hill :-(

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Something for the Joeys’ supporters:

This weekend Tom Wright (SJC 2015) will most likely line up on the wing for the Brumbies opposite James Ramm (SJC 2015) for the Tahs. Wright was Joeys’ star player in 2015, his highlights are well worth a watch. I watched Ramm carve up in the 3s against Shore in the trials at Northbridge that same year, by the last game of the season when Joeys returned to Northbridge he had only managed to crack the 2s. Quite a testament to the depth in the outside backs at Joeys but also a good lesson for boys who can’t crack 1s at their school to persist with rugby after school.

I hope both of them play well on the weekend but go Rammy as a Tah and the underdog.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
In any case it is unlikely that we will be allowed to watch it all from the Rowers BBQ Hill :-(

NO WAY! Where will I get my BBQ protein fix from then????

Steak-Sandwich-9.jpg

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Something for the Joeys’ supporters:

This weekend Tom Wright (SJC 2015) will most likely line up on the wing for the Brumbies opposite James Ramm (SJC 2015) for the Tahs. Wright was Joeys’ star player in 2015, his highlights are well worth a watch. I watched Ramm carve up in the 3s against Shore in the trials at Northbridge that same year, by the last game of the season when Joeys returned to Northbridge he had only managed to crack the 2s. Quite a testament to the depth in the outside backs at Joeys but also a good lesson for boys who can’t crack 1s at their school to persist with rugby after school.

I hope both of them play well on the weekend but go Rammy as a Tah and the underdog.

And don't forget:

Tom Roberston (2013)
Tom Horton (2015)
Ned Hanigan (2013)
Alex Newsome (2013)

There is never enough cerise in a team.

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
I’ve heard the CAS headmasters have vetoed streaming the games... any word on if the GPS games will be?
This latest Covid wave could put a dampener on even parents attending

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
I’ve heard the CAS headmasters have vetoed streaming the games. any word on if the GPS games will be?

The AAGPS live streamed the Head of the River and they announced that they are live streaming the Athletics on 1st/2nd August so I am hopeful they will stream the rugby matches as well.
What is going to be interesting is how the different schools manage a No Spectator Rule if it continues through the whole season. It will be easier for some than others I think. Riverview has no walls around the property at all, so you can probably view the games from the surrounding streets if you are keen. And Mackay Oval is in the middle of Centennial Park. Will the Scots Old Boys be prevented from watching from their favourite spot on Cranbrook Road? It will be fascinating indeed.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
INP, for your interest GPS QLD released a statement today regarding the season ahead...I have pasted the important bits.

To mitigate risk to our Member Schools restrictions have been placed on the number of parent/ guardian spectators permitted by the GPS Association as agreed by all Member Schools:

-Football, Rugby, Tennis – 2 parent/ guardian spectator per participating student

To ensure the return to GPS Sport and Activities is undertaken in the safest way possible, the GPS Office will continue to consult with Sports Associations’ governing bodies and follow State and Federal Government health guidelines. The GPS Association will be following our COVIDSafe Plan supplemented by the approved Sport Industry Plans. GPS Member Schools are also independent organisations who may have additional measures to assess whether a safe environment can be provided.

GPS Member Schools will adopt the principles below regarding movement around venues and social distancing:
-Restriction of spectators at each venue to mitigate risk.
-Recording of spectator attendance in a contactless manner.
-Designated ingress and egress points where possible.
-The one-way movement of people around fields and venues.
-Clearly visible social distance markers
-No co-mingling of groups in playing spaces/zones.
-Management and segmentation of groups of participants through scheduling.
-Implementation of strict hygiene measures at all entry and exit points, communal areas and limited use of changerooms.

Attendance information for spectators will need to be recorded for all GPS Sport and Activities for tracing purposes, under the QLD Health Directive. Attendees involved in competition (players and officials) will be recorded through the competition records. The GPS Association has purchased QR code technology of Eva Check-in, to register spectator attendance. The system requires people to scan the QR code via their smartphone camera and then enter their details on their phone. This system is secure, contactless, and easy to use.

GPS Rugby competition – 7 week competition commencing 8 August

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
INP, for your interest GPS QLD released a statement today regarding the season ahead. I have pasted the important bits.

To mitigate risk to our Member Schools restrictions have been placed on the number of parent/ guardian spectators permitted by the GPS Association as agreed by all Member Schools:

-Football, Rugby, Tennis – 2 parent/ guardian spectator per participating student

To ensure the return to GPS Sport and Activities is undertaken in the safest way possible, the GPS Office will continue to consult with Sports Associations’ governing bodies and follow State and Federal Government health guidelines. The GPS Association will be following our COVIDSafe Plan supplemented by the approved Sport Industry Plans. GPS Member Schools are also independent organisations who may have additional measures to assess whether a safe environment can be provided.

GPS Member Schools will adopt the principles below regarding movement around venues and social distancing:
-Restriction of spectators at each venue to mitigate risk.
-Recording of spectator attendance in a contactless manner.
-Designated ingress and egress points where possible.
-The one-way movement of people around fields and venues.
-Clearly visible social distance markers
-No co-mingling of groups in playing spaces/zones.
-Management and segmentation of groups of participants through scheduling.
-Implementation of strict hygiene measures at all entry and exit points, communal areas and limited use of changerooms.

Attendance information for spectators will need to be recorded for all GPS Sport and Activities for tracing purposes, under the QLD Health Directive. Attendees involved in competition (players and officials) will be recorded through the competition records. The GPS Association has purchased QR code technology of Eva Check-in, to register spectator attendance. The system requires people to scan the QR code via their smartphone camera and then enter their details on their phone. This system is secure, contactless, and easy to use.

GPS Rugby competition – 7 week competition commencing 8 August

Thanks Rudderless.
Yes I am sure there are solutions that the schools can implement but reading the Queensland process, it won't be easy.
Cheers INP

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hear there is a newish $cots kid that is big and fast , was there last year but was injured ... might be pushing for 1s... given runs 100 in 10 flat

at least that is my mail ... Scots should have a decent backline... although don't like my chances of getting into the sacred HH on 8 August ... despite being a Catholic

maybe if I tell guards there is a paternity test ... making me eligible ;)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ok I thought it was 10.07 but probably was 10.7

Either way country boy ... I gather and started I believe last year

anyway Athletics soon....
So see if there is anyone coming close to record

Wasn’t it Henry Hutchinson that got the 10.6?

Either way he is playing 1st grade Randwick tomorrow... should be fast backline

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Word is that no spectators are allowed at the trial matches but hopefully that’ll change when the comp starts proper.
Heard much about the Cerise backline yet @sonnydillwilliams ?