• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Ok I thought it was 10.07 but probably was 10.7

Either way country boy . I gather and started I believe last year

anyway Athletics soon..
So see if there is anyone coming close to record

Wasn’t it Henry Hutchinson that got the 10.6?

Either way he is playing 1st grade Randwick tomorrow. should be fast backline

GPS opens 100m record was set by Tolu Koula last year at 10.58 (he was u17 but ran opens). Hutchison held a younger age group record but never the opens. Tolu’s time would have won him the national u18’s 100m by some distance last year.

Unlikely anyone will get close to that record this year.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
GPS opens 100m record was set by Tolu Koula last year at 10.58 (he was u17 but ran opens). Hutchison held a younger age group record but never the opens. Tolu’s time would have won him the national u18’s 100m by some distance last year.

Unlikely anyone will get close to that record this year.

Thanks for the common sense Number 7. Firstly there is a very big difference between hand times and electric times (0.24 seconds for 100 metres). Lots of wingers reckon they can "run ten seconds" but put them on a track and it's a different story.

But Tolu is the real deal and if he is truly out for the season then it's a great loss for Newington.

INP

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Thanks for the common sense Number 7. Firstly there is a very big difference between hand times and electric times (0.24 seconds for 100 metres). Lots of wingers reckon they can "run ten seconds" but put them on a track and it's a different story.

But Tolu is the real deal and if he is truly out for the season then it's a great loss for Newington.

INP

Hello Itsnotpink

Not just a lost for Newington, but for Schoolboy Rugby as a whole. Irrespective of ones support for another school, to watch him in play was going to be an absolute delight, for any supporter of Schoolboy Rugby this season. As a supporter of both Newington and Schoolboy Rugby, I feel we will have a lesser season with his loss. Has anybody got any idea, why Tolu is out of the game.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Hello Itsnotpink

Not just a lost for Newington, but for Schoolboy Rugby as a whole. Irrespective of ones support for another school, to watch him in play was going to be an absolute delight, for any supporter of Schoolboy Rugby this season. As a supporter of both Newington and Schoolboy Rugby, I feel we will have a lesser season with his loss. Has anybody got any idea, why Tolu is out of the game.

Hello Black & White,
I am only going on what Show&Go said regarding a season injury so cannot add anything further here. Indeed a great loss for Schoolboy Rugby if it is true.
On another note, it was interesting that the Riverview v St Augustine's trial match on Saturday was not played on the Riverview Number 1 oval but on the field behind the gym - a COVID safe location indeed! Well away from the general public and definitely no spectators allowed. I believe that Riverview won convincingly.
Regards
INP

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I heard second hand that he had foot surgery recently.
Many Thanks Number 7 for the details
I believe not just me as a New Supporter, but all supporters of GPS Rugby wish him a speedy and safe recovery.Who knows in this day of medical science, we may yet see him play. We can only hope and pray for his recovery.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hello Black & White,
I am only going on what Show&Go said regarding a season injury so cannot add anything further here. Indeed a great loss for Schoolboy Rugby if it is true.
On another note, it was interesting that the Riverview v St Augustine's trial match on Saturday was not played on the Riverview Number 1 oval but on the field behind the gym - a COVID safe location indeed! Well away from the general public and definitely no spectators allowed. I believe that Riverview won convincingly.
Regards
INP

Hello Itsnotpink

Many thanks for your support and thoughts regarding Tolu, I am no medical expert, but medical assessments can differ and vary. So I am going to be optimistic, in the absence of a detailed medical opinion.

On the Riverview/St.Augustine match, I suspect that Riverview will be a force in GPS Rugby, once again. They tend to be a Black Horse factor in the GPS competition. Discount them at your own peril.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Hello Itsnotpink

On the Riverview/St.Augustine match, I suspect that Riverview will be a force in GPS Rugby, once again. They tend to be a Black Horse factor in the GPS competition. Discount them at your own peril.

Agree B&W. This age group at Riverview has been very strong over the years. They also have a number of key players returning from last year's 1st XV so I wouldn't be discounting them at all.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Revised Newington fixtures for 2020

AUGUST 1 - Trial Fixture 1 v Sydney Grammar (A) (1 team per Age Group)
AUGUST 8 - Trial Fixture 2 v The Kings School (A)
AUGUST 15 - Trial Fixture 3 v Shore School (A)
AUGUST 22 - Rd1 v The Scots College (A)
AUGUST 29 – Rd2 v Shore School (H)
SEPTEMBER 5 – Rd3 v St. Ignatius College (H)
SEPTEMBER 12 - Rd4 v The Kings School (H)
SEPTEMBER 19 - Rd5 v St Josephs’ College (A)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hello Itsnotpink

Not sure what it is B&W, but he's out of athletics as well.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Not sure what it is B&W, but he's out of athletics as well.

Hello Quick Hands

Hope you are keeping well, I am wondering what restrictions Newington are placing on spectators at their Home Games. As Watching the games from the footpath on Stanmore Road, may not be most enjoyable venue.

Also the trial fixture against Grammar, will Grammar play against our A teams and 1st XV, or will the teams just be a mixture of players seeking to lay claim to particular position in a team. Will be most interested in hearing from you. Oh by the way is your boy playing Rugby this year. He would be in our 16s if memory serves me correctly, a fairly strong age group.

Regards

Black & White

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hello Quick Hands

Hope you are keeping well, I am wondering what restrictions Newington are placing on spectators at their Home Games. As Watching the games from the footpath on Stanmore Road, may not be most enjoyable venue.

Also the trial fixture against Grammar, will Grammar play against our A teams and 1st XV, or will the teams just be a mixture of players seeking to lay claim to particular position in a team. Will be most interested in hearing from you. Oh by the way is your boy playing Rugby this year. He would be in our 16s if memory serves me correctly, a fairly strong age group.

Regards

Black & White

My assumption would be that the Grammar trials would involve B and C players and a composite 2nds/3rds team. It hasn't been spelt out but I couldn't see the point in playing A teams and 1sts players. Athletes won't be playing because of GPS commitments.

I'll be with the 16s again - many of the better boys in the age group will be playing 1sts and 2nds I believe.

There's been no word about spectators at this point.

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/db81e25fad2bc9cf6705c474e0d088ae

Interesting to see the blowback on this in regards to RA not having any funds yet they drop $3m on a 16yr old.
Poor kid - thats a hell of a lot of pressure. At least Kings didnt spend all that time and money for him to drop rugby in favour of NRL as expected.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting to see the blowback on this in regards to RA not having any funds yet they drop $3m on a 16yr old.
Poor kid - thats a hell of a lot of pressure. At least Kings didnt spend all that time and money for him to drop rugby in favour of NRL as expected.
RA are already pouring cold water on the story. Is it a case of where there is smoke or is it player agents playing games again....

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Latest advice is that there will be NO SPECTATORS at GPS sport until at least 22 August.

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/AAGPS-Sports-Update-10-JULY-2020.pdf

Hello Quick Hands

Many Thanks, just out of interest do you have any insight on how Rugby is looking at Newington for 2020. In their match against Barker I read on the CAS site that the forwards were dusted up, but the backs look lethal. I would also be interested in how many teams New might be fielding for 2020. That is if that info is available.

So any info would be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks

Black & White

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hello Quick Hands

Many Thanks, just out of interest do you have any insight on how Rugby is looking at Newington for 2020. In their match against Barker I read on the CAS site that the forwards were dusted up, but the backs look lethal. I would also be interested in how many teams New might be fielding for 2020. That is if that info is available.

So any info would be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks

Black & White

Hi B&W,

I haven't any specific details on how the teams are travelling, but it wouldn't surprise me if the backs were the strongest part of the 1sts. Having said that there are some good forwards moving up from last years 16As.

Not sure on the number of teams either as there haven't been any fixture lists with teams, but I suspect that it would be very similar to last year through the age groups and in opens.

I'll let you know as soon as I can work it out myself.