• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

T

the Business

My anonymous source has told me boys aren’t allowed to use change rooms before the game.

This could be detrimental to pre game mental preparation and I don’t see how it’s conducive to preventing COVID.

Any thoughts?

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Sounds awfully familiar

4anvh4.jpg

Nice to see you again Sonny. It seems the year 12's from View have piled in here
So far they have behaved impeccably and have excellent punctuation.
Hope they add to the passion.

Joker, I’m glad that they have added a new depth of dimension to the forum.
Here’s to hoping they maintain their otherwise great behaviour.

TME

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
From SJC sport.
A lot here I am sure applies to all schools.

We ask that you take note and respect the protocols established by the AAGPS and the College in accordance with Government advice.

For the next two weekends, the AAGPS Headmasters have decided that only players, coaches and officials are permitted at all fixtures. No spectators are permitted. We are aware that other school associations have different rules around allowing some spectators to attend fixtures. We are also aware that each individual school have slightly different protocols for hosting games.

Information about the ‘streaming’ of the First & Second Football and Rugby will be passed on when received from the AAGPS Executive.

Please remind your son(s) about a couple of important things for Saturday:
  • If they are feeling unwell, then they are not to attend and Boarding Coordinators are to be informed.
  • Arrive on Saturday dressed ready to train or play.
  • Bring their own water bottle.
  • Must have a mouth guard if involved in contact sports.
  • Only use change rooms to use the toilet.
  • In the medical room at the College park, only one student at a time is allowed.
  • Once student’s involvement in training or games is complete, they must leave the venue.
  • Avoid shaking hands.
  • Use hand sanitizer regularly.
  • Students playing at ‘away’ venues must catch the bus with their team and wear the full College tracksuit.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
This document has all the links for fixtures this weekend
YouTube links are within

4VDfSoZMBRv_xVszNb6JQEt7lSF8LDI-i0ZL-DOIdP-dpohFMqcBBgTuQ5AcBidOCx0tnWkIX7IrPVeGB22696mdLCYG47q20v9X9F9V7D1rknVrSlSPvunvoTAHxCwRiRZU4OlD1Zhy28EeqVQIBxB8iK6YG8kcE-cVnlI

Attachments

• AAGPS Rugby and Football Streaming Schedule 8820 Final.pdf
    239.6 KB · Views: 311

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Great that the matches are being streamed.

odd that team lineups are not being published - they given out on game day typically, so not sure what the state secret is there.

no commentary.....ok

5 min delay - not sure what the idea of that is...especially if there’s no commentary and live scores will be out over Twitter

surprised we didn’t go with “No scores”...

Something better than nothing I guess.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Great that the matches are being streamed.

odd that team lineups are not being published - they given out on game day typically, so not sure what the state secret is there.

no commentary...ok

5 min delay - not sure what the idea of that is.especially if there’s no commentary and live scores will be out over Twitter

surprised we didn’t go with “No scores”.

Something better than nothing I guess.

Commentary would be nice, i agree better than nothing.

Will just have to watch the young pup play in absolute silence while i scream at my computer.

TDO.

T

the Business

Commentary would be nice, i agree better than nothing.

Will just have to watch the young pup play in absolute silence while i scream at my computer.

TDO.

TDO

What team is the young pup in.

Perhaps we should meet together at a parent function.

Kind regards,

The Business.

T

the Business

Newington v Kings will be on a 5 minute delay, no commentary, no names of boys and all comments and live chat will be disabled. Additionally the game will be taken down at noon on Sunday.

Thanks for letting us know QH.

I'll be sure to watch, I simply cannot wait.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Dear Parents and Students, please note the below drop off/pick up information from The Kings School for rugby and volleyball fixtures this Saturday.
  • Drop Off
    • Cars are to enter the Main Gate at the lights on Pennant Hills Road and pass through the second roundabout before turning left into the drop zone.
    • Please drop and then follow the path to exit.
    • Boys will walk to Doyle Fields, Sports Centre or Gym.

T

The Hammer

Can anyone tell me what the Rugby numbers are like at Riverview as I cant make sense of the match ups for the fixtures against Shore this weekend?

The Shore 8th's and 13F's have byes and the 14F's play Oakhill. However Shore 15E's and 16E's are playing Riverview G's in both age groups. Is there a big intake in year 9 at View?

Maybe one of you Yr12 boys could tell me?;)

N7, it’s H

My nephew is currently in year 12 at view (probably friends with a few of the Iggies boys in this forum) and says that the depth within age groups has slowly been declining, my oldest nephew graduated in 2016 and through the age groups he said that the teams would go down to the “I’s” and then the 12ths in the opens. My younger nephew said that the lowest team in most age groups he has played in is the “F’s” and now the 10ths in the opens. So rugby at view is slowly losing depth.

As for why the opens shore teams have byes, it is due to their lack of depth. Their thirds are playing views fourths and that has a ripple effect as then the shore 4ths then play view 5ths and so on.

P.s, there is a large intake of students in year 9 at view.

Hammer.

T

The Hammer

All I can provide is probably old news - new Headmaster and new coach.

formerflanker, it’s H

Hopefully these changes bring about a strong rugby program for years to come, would love to see a competitive shore team.

Hammer.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
N7, it’s H

My nephew is currently in year 12 at view (probably friends with a few of the Iggies boys in this forum) and says that the depth within age groups has slowly been declining, my oldest nephew graduated in 2016 and through the age groups he said that the teams would go down to the “I’s” and then the 12ths in the opens. My younger nephew said that the lowest team in most age groups he has played in is the “F’s” and now the 10ths in the opens. So rugby at view is slowly losing depth.

As for why the opens shore teams have byes, it is due to their lack of depth. Their thirds are playing views fourths and that has a ripple effect as then the shore 4ths then play view 5ths and so on.

P.s, there is a large intake of students in year 9 at view.

Hammer.

@TheHammer, it’s TME addressing your prior comment here, as is quoted above.

I do believe this phenomenon of decreasing depth may by common across a lot of the AAGPS schools. With maybe the exception of Joeys, who are known for their incredible depth and commitment to the game they play in heaven, so to speak, I have been hearing rumours of decreasing team number from many other rugby playing schools in the greater Sydney region.

I was wondering if any of the other Forum-goers are available to comment on this hypothesis? I’d love to see if the depth at other schools like Kings, Scots, Newington or Shore has declined at all.

Cheers,
TME.

Top Bottom