• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hello avid AAGPS followers,

Requesting thoughts on whether all three O’Kane triplets will make the firsts at Joeys, and maybe even full 1sts GPS rep.

Specifically Henry and Tom, not too sure about Matt

Br. Joseph

Henry is a beast by all conversations.........let just roll with him carrying the family name!

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Salutations TB.

I happen to believe that the loss of Matthew Madgewick and Jack Faddy will hurt their rugby program.

However, Finn Hancock is apparently in form, just like many of the rowers.

Of course, i'm talking about opens.

I'll keep digging.

TDO.

Apologies for the ignorance - but why are jack and matt out???

T

The Hammer

Evening, Oven, The Oven, Dutch Oven, Oven Dutch, The Dutch Oven, Oven Dutch (THE), TDO

Apologies for my incorrect information. I suppose my source is less reliable than I thought.
Jahromi is a very interesting case. From what I've heard (although now I question the reliability of my source), he moved to Riverview in Year 11, and played a spot of firsts last year. Interesting to hear hes benching on Saturday, must be a real testament to Riverview's strength this Saturday.
I can only hope to coaches have made the right call this Saturday.

Faithfully,
TBE

Looks like we’ve got some schoolboys on our hands lads.

Hammer.

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Greetings,

Interesting take on the HH boys winning another consecutive premiership, however from word of mouth I have discovered that the backline is lacking in size. Shore has recently installed a gymnasium make over, and perhaps their facilities may grant them a competitive advantage of strength and size. I believe that the shore men will prevail this season providing they utilise their rich resources to surpass the other colleges in the physical development of its rugby players.

Warm Regards,

the discreet poo.

Really? Joeys have a size issue ? Can you elaborate poo?

RaraTragic

Frank Nicholson (4)
We are now getting closer to the real season and so far there has been discussion around maybe only
3 players in the 1sts....
Are you boys showing your age here? Come one - these boys have suffered enough in their final year to not get the glory/ vilification they deserve. Come on.....At least give them some air play (given most are NSW Gen Blue players) it is pretty gutting to lose all of that due to COVID...imagine this was you......or your son?

T

The Hammer

We are now getting closer to the real season and so far there has been discussion around maybe only
3 players in the 1sts..
Are you boys showing your age here? Come one - these boys have suffered enough in their final year to not get the glory/ vilification they deserve. Come on...At least give them some air play (given most are NSW Gen Blue players) it is pretty gutting to lose all of that due to COVID.imagine this was you..or your son?

RaRa, it’s H

I agree, these boys have been through the toughest years since the world wars.

Would love to get focused back on the players.

Thoughts?

Hammer.

T

the Business

3 players in the 1sts..
Are you boys showing your age here? Come one - these boys have suffered enough in their final year to not get the glory/ vilification they deserve. Come on...At least give them some air play (given most are NSW Gen Blue players) it is pretty gutting to lose all of that due to COVID.imagine this was you..or your son?

Good evening Rara

Completely agreed,

Can’t imagine the stress the boys are under with footy, trials and COVID.

My son is going to riverview in a few years time so I hope such circumstances don’t remain.

Let’s pray for these boys as they go through such a turbulent time.

Kind regards,

The business

Brother Joseph

Frank Nicholson (4)
RaRa, it’s H

Salutations 'The Hammer',

I agree, these boys have been through the toughest years since the world wars.

Would love to get focused back on the players if that's ok with you MATE.

Thoughts?

Hammer.

How about shifting our attention away from View, Joeys and Newington's percussion section, to the Presbyterians at Bellevue Hill and those Anglicans in Parramatta.

Does anyone have any predictions about TSC and TKS backlines?

With love,

BJ.

T

The Hammer

Hello all,

Im new here,

Just wondering if anyone had team lists for this weekend,

Cheers,
Stingray,

Stingray, it’s H

Good to see so many new faces in the forums. I can provide a team list for Iggies 3rd XV this weekend who are playing the Marist boys across the river in HH on Saturday.

Here’s my post regarding the team list.

“As we move closer to the start of the 3rd XV competition, I thought I could provide some insight into the lineup that Riverview is going to take into battle against the lads over the river in this early season Joeys vs Riverview fixture.

1. Hamish Glascott (Year 11)
2. Rory Egan (Year 12)
3. Sam Phillip (12)
4. Sam Watson (11)
5. Louis Darylmple (11)
6. Nick Brooks (12)
7. Rex Collins (11)
8. George Coates (11)
9. Nick Long (11)
10. Charlie Brooks (11)
11. Luke Chesher (11)
12. Harry Spora (11)
13. Patrick Johnson (11)
14. Ashton Horgan (11)
15. William Burraston (11)

With a healthy amount of 11th graders in the squad, it could be signs of strong opens depth for years to come.

Anyone got some early word on the Joeys 3rd XV for this weekend?

Should be a cracker (as games between these two schools always are), however no spectators so the report on the clash between these two schoolboy titans will be merely word of mouth.

Hammer.

Disclaimer: Teams are speculative and based on previous weekends trial games. They are subject to change.”

P.s, the game will be live-streamed on YouTube, see earlier posts for the link.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
How about shifting our attention away from View, Joeys and Newington's percussion section, to the Presbyterians at Bellevue Hill and those Anglicans in Parramatta.

Does anyone have any predictions about TSC and TKS backlines?

With love,

BJ.
Would just like to interject here Broseph.
Although I recognise the importance of religion, we should not let it define a school as a whole.
Nonetheless, I think one would be silly to overlook TKS and TSC. These have been very strong outfits in recent years (apart from a disappointing Kings season last year - it would seem they spend more time on their video productions than actually training, LOL!). All in all, each of the teams on display offer varying levels of threat - it will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

God bless,
TME

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
B&W im looking forward to the development of these young lads coming out of New. From previous experiences New have struggled to fill teams from the As to the Ds and they standard is somewhat average compared to the other schools. Has there been more kids coming to the school who have good rugby backgrounds or have just grown and became good players. Would u say they are a serious chance to challenge in this years?

Blue gum

Hello Blue Gum

I feel at the moment the loss of Tolu has meant that their capacity to attack across the field, is somewhat diminished. You cannot lose an Australian Schoolboy Winger and not be affected. But many young players are coming into the ranks of the open Division. What I would expect a slow start and a gradual improvement. So my belief is we may not see the best of New until later in the season.

The depth at Newington is good in the younger years but, we lose players as they get older for a whole variety of reasons particularly in the open division. Without a big boarding population, combined with the pressure of study there is a disincentive, not to play in the senior years. But the school is attracting very talented players in the junior years. The 13s,14s,15s and 16s last year were all strong teams. Only the 14s lost more than they won.Most of these loses were close as well.

So we need a bigger boarding House and A few more ovals. The Soccer numbers now seem to be on par with the rugby numbers. So in that regard Rugby has made a come back. Time will tell.

Regards

Black and White

Brother Joseph

Frank Nicholson (4)
Would just like to interject here Broseph.
Although I recognise the importance of religion, we should not let it define a school as a whole.
Nonetheless, I think one would be silly to overlook TKS and TSC. These have been very strong outfits in recent years (apart from a disappointing Kings season last year - it would seem they spend more time on their video productions than actually training, LOL!). All in all, each of the teams on display offer varying levels of threat - it will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

God bless,
TME

Apologies, TME, The Metre Eater,

My intention was not to define or judge the schools on religions to which their respective institutions are based upon, but rather just as adjectives in passing.

In reference to the Kings production crew - they really are a spectacle, bit overdone if you ask me.

On another note, a true shame about the Jahromi case, I had heard some great footy tales about that boy - 80m tries and the like - from my nephew and was really looking forward to seeing how he would perform this year. Any future updates on this matter would be grouse.

Wishing eternal fortune TME,

BJ.

T

The Hammer

Anyone got any word on the shore 1sts for this weekends fixture, or even some scores from previous trial games.

Thoughts?

Hammer.

T

the Business

Anyone got any word on the shore 1sts for this weekends fixture, or even some scores from previous trial games.

Thoughts?

Hammer.

Not much word coming out of the north shore.

However, can’t see it being very close.

Riverview is extremely strong this year despite little talk coming out of the college.

If I was a betting man I’d be putting my money on them.

Watching Shore thirds vs Riverview fourths should be interesting as it will strongly indicate how they will go in the competitive chase for the appropriately named “Col Windon Shield.”

The history behind the shield is actually very fascinating itself.

Cold Windon was an Old Sydneian who went on to captain the Wallabies after playing for the Galloping Greens 1st grade at the age of 18. If he were alive today he may be sorely upset about what’s happened to Grammar’s rugby program, although the win against Newington provides some hope.

Just some interesting history for all you AAGPS fanatics.

Kind regards,

The Business

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Not much word coming out of the north shore.

Watching Shore thirds vs Riverview fourths should be interesting as it will strongly indicate how they will go in the competitive chase for the appropriately named “Col Windon Shield.”

Evening TB,

Sure will be an interesting match up, putting Riverviews depth to the test,

Also, I'm shore they will have a strong 3rd XV, however, seems like there has been no chatter about them.

Might be a dark horse, will be tuning into the streams to find out.

Regards, TDO.