• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anyone willing to give a ranking on every gps schools main oval in terms of spectator viewing?
1. Joeys
2. Scots
3. Newington
4. Riverview
5. Shore
6. Kings

Joeys and Scots are very close and similar in viewing, complete rectangles, stands and many different ways of viewing, with the away side dealing with the sun for a large part of the game. But Joeys just edges over Scots due to Scots' current construction.

Newington and Riverview are similar but the slope and complete grass terrain of Newington is something I personally favour. Riverview's history of a swamp and complete mud can be a pain to your knees.

Shore and Kings both have annoying cricket pitches which requires binoculars to view the game. But Shore at least lets people view a bit closer to the sideline on the away side, and the stands of Shore are considerably better than Kings' ones.

Last edited:
1. Joeys
2. Scots
3. Newington
4. Riverview
5. Shore
6. Kings

Joeys and Scots are very close and similar in viewing, complete rectangles, stands and many different ways of viewing, with the away side dealing with the sun for a large part of the game. But Joeys just edges over Scots due to Scots' current construction.

Newington and Riverview are similar but the slope and complete grass terrain of Newington is something I personally favour.

Shore and Kings both have annoying cricket pitches which requires binoculars to view the game. But Shore at least lets people view a bit closer to the sideline on the away side, and the stands of Shore are considerably better than Kings' ones.
Not sure how shore is so low, newington you have to sit on an oval. Riverview have the worst stands and their feild is called a swamp for a reason. Joeys and scots are at the top for good reasons

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure how shore is so low, newington you have to sit on an oval. Riverview have the worst stands and their feild is called a swamp for a reason. Joeys and scots are at the top for good reasons
I can see your point, maybe shore should go above Riverview. But as a parent, being so far away from shore's field is a big pain. And laying down on the grass at Newington is like the hill at Leichhardt. I love it.

@TheRugbysmoker185 and @wisemaan you both must have sad lives to come on here and make false accusations about me. Many people on this forum know that I have never been bias to shore or any other school in that matter. The fact that I even have to make this post is a disgrace to this forum and you both should be banned.

-Scrum
I'm sorry, but i wasn't talking to you. Keep chat footy related. Up the wahhhhhs

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
All tipping spots filled including the emergency ones. I will though be dipping out of the fun. I have given my spot to a big supporter who lives mostly on King Islsnd. He has to drive to another part of the island to get his internet. Thank you “Rod Skellet” for your support. Say hello to cows for me.

Scotsrugbyforever

Frank Row (1)
Anyone willing to give a ranking on every gps schools main oval in terms of spectator viewing?
1. Joeys,
2. Scots
3. Kings
4. Newington
5. Shore
6. Riverview

- Joeys atmosphere is compared to nothing else in schoolboy rugby, amazing grand stand and feels like your on top of the players.

-Scots, very close viewing and terrific spectacle overlooking next to the water, however, their grandstand are rather uncomfortable and have no where to sit down properly. Still a great atmosphere being so close.

- Kings, very aesthetic, although the cricket pitch makes viewing slightly further away, the elevated seating on the left side makes viewing here comfortable, the warcries also echo throughout creting a great atmosphere.

- Newington, close but muddy and poor atmosphere as the newington boys have a very small crowd.

- Shore, nice grandstand, very far viewing.

- Riverview, just sucks , far viewing, terrible grandstands, muddy grass, nowhere to sit.

1. Joeys,
2. Scots
3. Kings
4. Newington
5. Shore
6. Riverview

- Joeys atmosphere is compared to nothing else in schoolboy rugby, amazing grand stand and feels like your on top of the players.

-Scots, very close viewing and terrific spectacle overlooking next to the water, however, their grandstand are rather uncomfortable and have no where to sit down properly. Still a great atmosphere being so close.

- Kings, very aesthetic, although the cricket pitch makes viewing slightly further away, the elevated seating on the left side makes viewing here comfortable, the warcries also echo throughout creting a great atmosphere.

- Newington, close but muddy and poor atmosphere as the newington boys have a very small crowd.

- Riverview, just sucks , far viewing, terrible grandstands, muddy grass, nowhere to sit.
I do not get what you guys are not seeing at shore. Have u seen the ground recently!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
I do not get what you guys are not seeing at shore. Have u seen the ground recently!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We get you have an opinion, no need to keep harping on about it though. I am a shore supporter and can agree the ground is not that good for spectator viewing, in my opinion the ground itself is kept in amazing shape despite the cricket field, but there is a limit to how good a ground is when you're 50 metres from the sideline.

Here we go....

View attachment 18859

Team on the left is the home team.
Here is how you post your tips
Just give the school and the margin in each game.
Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Then will enter into my tips record.
BTW....10 spaces left! Get in quick if you want to join.

Prize for 2024?
Lunch with Joker. My treat

View attachment 18860
Some tips for the weekend fellas,
Kings +5
Shore +19
Joeys and Newington - Draw

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can View do what Shore have done over recent years and be spoilers? Take your opportunities and make the other side uncomfortable. The mid week game Shore v View last season was this.

If I'm View I play a bit of territory and get the ball out of play when kicking. Make Shore have to start from scratch and not run things back in open play when you have good backs and a good 7 like View was able to use Noble last year as an extra Centre and create overlaps.

I think Newington v Joeys has the potential to be the best spectator game this weekend if you're after points.
Alot of kicking will come through 9 this week. View will have a new 10 due to injuries, got good footwork, bit like his opposite Bassingthwaighte.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
I recon Joeys are flying under the radar a little atm, like View and a few others, they use trial matches to try different combinations, so I don't know how much we could take away from last Saturday? A draw for Joeys would invoke 2023 form, consistent, but unlikely. Happy to be proven wrong.

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone got some players to watch this weekend that have gone under the radar?
From Shore I would be watching for Charlie Francis (11), Gus Gordon (6) and Anderton Stock if he subs on, which he has in both trial games for the 1sts, a year 11 who is captaining the 2nds is nothing to overlook with Stock.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
I recon Joeys are flying under the radar a little atm, like View and a few others, they use trial matches to try different combinations, so I don't know how much we could take away from last Saturday? A draw for Joeys would invoke 2023 form, consistent, but unlikely. Happy to be proven wrong.
I agree, they have a 10 who has a great kicking game, a well drilled forward pack and a 12 and 13 who could both play GPS 1s and 2s. I feel as if in the trial period they have only been losing to unforced errors and ill discipline. At Joeys you'll rarely see that happen more than twice a year.

Mr.K

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Joeys,
2. Scots
3. Kings
4. Newington
5. Shore
6. Riverview

Agreed!