• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

UpnUnder

Sydney Middleton (9)
Careful with the infamous S word.

But as I said, this is something the Schools will have to navigate with kids who are multi sport.

Can also be cynical and also say what obligation does a kid who could be signed with a professional sporting organisation have to a School?

If these sorts of things do happen it will become a whole of AAGPS issue and dealing with the Schools in question. I'd guess not all would be too keen on any punishments when the shoe will end up on their foot also at some point.
I do not think the S word is a factor with any player who prioritises league.

The Fun Buss

Bob McCowan (2)
Not so sure about these tips about a big win for shore on saturday.

Despite view not flourishing against waverley they proved themselves against barker the week before.

Can see a view upset brewing at home this weekend

As an ex-Shore student, my heart swells with pride as I anticipate our team's showdown with St. Ignatius this Saturday. Let's harness that indomitable Shore spirit, rallying behind our players with unwavering support and fervent cheers. With determination and grit, we'll strive for victory, leaving it all on the field. Every pass, every shot, every tackle each moment a testament to our dedication and unity. Together, as a community bound by blue and white, we'll forge ahead, chasing glory and seizing triumph. This Saturday, let's paint the town with the colors of victory. Go Shore!

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
IMG_2026.jpeg

Forwardpack101

Frank Row (1)
Aside from the big name players e.g Jacques, Lemaitre etc here are a few of my picks to make some high representative teams:

#5 Riverview - Dan Smith - Hard ball runner, solid in the lineouts and a defensive stalwart of the View pack.
#15 Kings - Ben Sawyer - From what I've seen - agile, great boot and an ability to create space
#6 Shore - Gus Gordon - Similar to Smith, he's a big unit. Strong in his carry and loves to make his presence felt on defence.
Sawyer isn’t in starting line up this week. Anyone know why?

BananaMan

Stan Wickham (3)
Typical shore supporter.
A win against Joeys is a win against Joeys, who from what I heard were playing their full team, Auggies came 3rd in the Schoolboys world champs and beat last years NZ champions just weeks ago, you might want to watch out for them when they take on shore next month, I wouldn’t dare to write them off in any match this year.
You heard wrong.

Mothe-rucker

Frank Row (1)
Its really great to see that the Joeys boys rugby program is still thriving with teams going all the way down to the 14ths!, But does anyone have an idea of what school this season has the greatest depth with their footy program?

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)
Firstly the post makes no mention of this year and just comments on the schools overall. Secondly, even if it was just this year alone, I think it would still be unfair to rank Shore on an entirely different tier than any other school.
Mate it's clearly a 2024 power ranking, if it was all time I'm pretty sure Joeys would be at the top. I still agree that Shore shouldn't be in it's own catergory but they are above some GPS schools.

Mate it's clearly a 2024 power ranking, if it was all time I'm pretty sure Joeys would be at the top. I still agree that Shore shouldn't be in it's own catergory but they are above some GPS schools.
Propsarespeedy, I think shore should be in their own category. In particular with the new addition of Gardner (not sure his middle name) Dowling. He is a very aggressive individual and has been known to leave people on the floor on the footy pitch. Furthermore, just having a look at the team list, number 11 looks a lot like Brian To'o, just wondering if there's any relation there.

Regards,

Arthur

Isn't it ridiculous schools like Newington, Kings etc don't match Joeys down to the 8th's. It's crazy how joeys 15's get beat 40-7 by kings 8th's, thats taking the mickey. It's also a bit of a joke how Oakhill on their school Facebook put their win against Joeys 2's as a 'Win against St Joesph's College 1st XV'. Like seriously, these schools want to flaunt they need to match up 1's to 1's 8th's to 8th's etc. There can't be an argument against the serious depth Joeys have. Being the smallest GPS school yet putting up a 16th's in the open which have to fold due to competition reasons. Currently, joeys and the Shute Shield have a serious back injury due to carrying Aus Rugby.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Isn't it ridiculous schools like Newington, Kings etc don't match Joeys down to the 8th's. It's crazy how joeys 15's get beat 40-7 by kings 8th's, thats taking the mickey. It's also a bit of a joke how Oakhill on their school Facebook put their win against Joeys 2's as a 'Win against St Joesph's College 1st XV'. Like seriously, these schools want to flaunt they need to match up 1's to 1's 8th's to 8th's etc. There can't be an argument against the serious depth Joeys have. Being the smallest GPS school yet putting up a 16th's in the open which have to fold due to competition reasons. Currently, joeys and the Shute Shield have a serious back injury due to carrying Aus Rugby.
Bosh

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have heard some news coming out of the scots camp. A great story of hard work, a year 11 7th XV player Alex (The Brick) Lewis-Thorp is making his 1st XV debut.
Nope
How is it the school's fault that there is limited depth? It's the students choices, and now that we are in 2024, there are increasingly more boys playing sports like soccer, volleyball, etc.

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
And there is no argument that Joeys has the best depth? I would say it goes Joeys, then Scots/View are similar, then Shore/Kings, then Newington. But, I may be wrong as I do not have the best understanding of other schools' depth. But from a Scots perspective I've seen Scots 11ths, 10ths, 9ths, etc having to play higher Kings/Shore/Newington teams, or having to play a school from CAS or ISA because there are no teams in their division. But having saying this, Scots 11ths (or maybe 10ths) this weekend are playing Joeys 13ths because Kings don't go lower than the 9ths. This shows just how large Joeys' depth really is. Another example, Scots 14F's are playing Riverview's 14D's, because Kings don't go low enough and probably because Riverview doesn't have a shore team to go against.

Rookie21

Ted Fahey (11)
Just because two social teams might be the 8th XV of Joeys and the 8th XV of Kings, doesn't mean they are evenly matched. These fixtures are made relative to the skill level of each team. Joeys 15s and Kings 8s are probably closer in skill level than would seem on paper. Perhaps the Kings team simply outplayed them on the day.

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah extremely true. Atleast before the construction they at least had the smaller one (Kirkland Oval???) right next door. Having to go to that shocking Vaucluse park or Centennial Park is something the whole Scots community, including the coaches, hate. Joeys, Newington, Shore are fantastic and extremely lucky to have all those fields, something we envy here at Scots.
At one stage they were using Latham Park over at Coogee

Top Bottom