• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate it's clearly a 2024 power ranking, if it was all time I'm pretty sure Joeys would be at the top. I still agree that Shore shouldn't be in it's own catergory but they are above some GPS schools.
champ, it doesn't specify wether its this year alone or the school overall. You'd think that if it just says school power rankings then it would be overall would it not?

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Isn't it ridiculous schools like Newington, Kings etc don't match Joeys down to the 8th's. It's crazy how joeys 15's get beat 40-7 by kings 8th's, thats taking the mickey. It's also a bit of a joke how Oakhill on their school Facebook put their win against Joeys 2's as a 'Win against St Joesph's College 1st XV'. Like seriously, these schools want to flaunt they need to match up 1's to 1's 8th's to 8th's etc. There can't be an argument against the serious depth Joeys have. Being the smallest GPS school yet putting up a 16th's in the open which have to fold due to competition reasons. Currently, joeys and the Shute Shield have a serious back injury due to carrying Aus Rugby.
57-5 actually

George Anderson

Frank Row (1)
Kings now 7th XV lineup and jersey presentation announced in assembly yesterday, ready to take on Scots at 8am on Scots Main.

1. Jamie Johnstone
2. Hamish Laurie
3. Buddy Latham
4. Thomas Duffy
5. Rich Estens
6. Harris Nelson
7. Will Hardy
8. Corey Lee-Miller
9. Chris Baissari
10. Alex Thomas
11. Daniel Chemerys
12. Joshua Chapple
13. Dom Fayad
14. Boris Bunda (c)
15. Brandon Thomas
Buddy Latham in fact goes to Newington not kings and is in the 2nd XV in the front row

Bobcat54

Stan Wickham (3)
Isn't it ridiculous schools like Newington, Kings etc don't match Joeys down to the 8th's. It's crazy how joeys 15's get beat 40-7 by kings 8th's, thats taking the mickey. It's also a bit of a joke how Oakhill on their school Facebook put their win against Joeys 2's as a 'Win against St Joesph's College 1st XV'. Like seriously, these schools want to flaunt they need to match up 1's to 1's 8th's to 8th's etc. There can't be an argument against the serious depth Joeys have. Being the smallest GPS school yet putting up a 16th's in the open which have to fold due to competition reasons. Currently, joeys and the Shute Shield have a serious back injury due to carrying Aus Rugby.
I do agree,15's against 8ths is ridiculous although it usually works out to have the fairest, most entertaining and most importantly the safest games for both the boys and spectators. In terms of the Oakhill vs Joeys, I don't believe First XV teams should be able to play down in the Second XV teams except for extremes such as SBHS 1st XV who I believe are playing in the thirds comp.
-Bobcat

The Chairman

Bob Loudon (25)
Kings Team List
Round 1:

1. Hayden Lavercombe
2. Oliver Smith
3.Hasani Bloomfield
4.Liam McPherson
5. Charlie Baker
6. Luke Toia
7.Toby Davies
8. Issac Fonua
9. Frankie Mutton
10. Evertt Oxenham
11. Hugo Williams
12.Louis Fenwicke
13. Isamu Naito
14. Hugo Kable
15. Talen Risati

-Mr K
Well done to Davies and Risati for making the First XV when they are in Year 10. Interesting move putting Baker in at 5 from his usual 7.

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Recent news emerging from Hunters Hill...
Former 3rd XV second rower C.Stuckey has been promoted to the 2nd XV for their showdown against Newington at the brickpit. I'm sure nerves will hit this young lad but best of wishes to him.

~G and R

saladsdon'twinscrums

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone have some info surrounding Riverview 2XV? I've heard they have some strong backs plays involving a 4-vs-1 but would be interested if anyone knows some more. Think they're a real dark horse especially with guns like Charlie "Watto" Watson looking to make his mark. His mates call him "the man" from what I'm hearing- real superstar.
I believe these lads are looking quite good for the season especially with skipper Will Hodge charging up the boys Although this is the case there have been injuries in both the 1s and 2s causing the team to change a bit. However, the centre duo of 12 Henry Butler (has been playing some 1st games) and 13 Charlie Watson should be lethal this weekend. Will be interesting to see how they go against Shore this weekend.

SDWS

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
I heard C.Stuckey can put some huge shots as well!
I'd hope so!!!
My nephew who attends the school has said that while playing "Stannies", Stuckey made some rather rattleing contact in his tackles. Excited to see what he can do come Saturday.
@Joker Will you be in attendance on the weekend?

Jhayne123

Banned
This is what I think the GPS 1XV will look like this year

1. Prop: David Johnson
  2. Hooker: Sarah Williams
  3. Prop: Michael Thompson
  4. Lock: Emily Davis
  5. Lock: Daniel Brown
  6. Flanker: Rebecca Miller
  7. Flanker: Alexander Garcia
  8. Number 8: Jessica Martinez
  9. Scrum-half: Matthew Lee
  10. Fly-half: Samantha Wilson
  11. Winger: Lucas Robinson
  12. Inside Centre: Olivia Moore
  13. Outside Centre: Benjamin Nguyen
  14. Winger: Emma White
  15. Fullback: Jacob Patel
Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jarryd

I believe these lads are looking quite good for the season especially with skipper Will Hodge charging up the boys Although this is the case there have been injuries in both the 1s and 2s causing the team to change a bit. However, the centre duo of 12 Henry Butler (has been playing some 1st games) and 13 Charlie Watson should be lethal this weekend. Will be interesting to see how they go against Shore this weekend.

SDWS
Yep agree, having reffed a few Riverview games, those two are deadly combo when they link up and will be sure to strike some blows. Really know how to take it to a team/individual quite forcefully especially when they get riled up. Looking forward to the season ahead- fire's in the belly.

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jarryd
People like you are the one's who shut this forum down.... Shame

The Chairman

Bob Loudon (25)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jarryd
Maybe with how Newington are going, give it 10 years or so….