• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sandbox

newington are not expected to win at all, they have already lost to knox in a trial. Riverview must be favourites after smashing scotts in a trial and comfortably beating kings. Have a great forward back and strong backline,

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
LG,

I stood on the sideline and when play was near our side of the field Wells really stood out. He made a huge amount of dominant tackles (including crunching the Kings 8 with their first run with the ball), 1 pilfer at the break down, a couple of offloads, linebreaks and a try. While his above work was exceptional, it was his marshalling of the team around the park that differentiated him from the other players. He seemed years above the rest in maturity. In fact, there wasn't a single decision on the pitch where the entire team didn't look to him. He has an excellent rugby head, i only fear that View would crumble if he were to get injured... I look forward to your opinion after Saturday.

B

brewskie

Thanks Balding Forward.

In regards to the View Prop's, number 3 was an absolute monster. He was the biggest bloke on the paddock last week and would not look out of place (in terms of size) playing first grade somewhere. Good work rate around the field as well.

If i still have the program, ill see if that is the prop you talk of.

The number 3 from view is Mackenzie Kulen, coming back for another year in the 1's definantly a big unit

I

International Badboy

Also are the flyhlalfs you are refering to from Trinity and St Pats Jamo Clarke and Jeffery Marcus, ifso questions over whether Marcus wants to play league or Union, i think he is playing Harold Matts for Parra at the moment ???

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Please discuss NSW selections in the NSW Schools 2011 thread.

By all means: discuss GPS selections in this thread.

Thank you.

T

The Blindside

newington are not expected to win at all, they have already lost to knox in a trial. Riverview must be favourites after smashing scotts in a trial and comfortably beating kings. Have a great forward back and strong backline,

Sorry sandbox but you don't know what you are talking about. The Knox game was New's first trial of any sort, it was in the school holidays and they had 10 boys unavailable. It was Knox's fourth or fifth game and they only won narrowly. New have since been undefeated and on Saturday ran up 34 consecutive points against Joeys before subbing half the team. New are serious contenders and the New v View game on 4 June should be a cracker.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Is there anyone with even a remote interest in Grammar or Shore out there? There is a lot of Joeys, Riverview, Newington and Scots. I assume that the interest in rugby at Grammar and Shore is minimal or that supporters of those schools think this site is crap and don't contribute. it happens every year. Why?

B

baldingwingforward

Does any of the Joeys contingent on here know what the status on the injuries are? Can someone from Joeys post a team list?

I was really impressed with the young fellas that played against New last week. Are they still in the side this week to face arch rivals View? I might try and get out to Hunters Hill to see how they go. If they play like they did last week i think they might give Riverview a bit of a shock.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
The number 3 from view is Mackenzie Kulen, coming back for another year in the 1's definantly a big unit

You're both very good judges. Don't know if you saw my reports on the 1's, 2's and 16A's View v Kings games but I also thought that Kulen was oustanding. Excellent scrummager and very, very good around the park. Amazing how athletic young props are these days compared to 10-15 years ago

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
The response is overwhelming. Nobody is interested in anything but View New Joeys and Kings - and the odd Scots comment.

B

baldingwingforward

The response is overwhelming. Nobody is interested in anything but View New Joeys and Kings - and the odd Scots comment.

No offence Spewn - but Shore, and Grammar in particular don't really threaten that much. If they did i am sure that there would be more written about them.

IMO For a school of its size and facilties etc Shore are massive underachievers. They should be turning out much better 1st Xvs than they do. Yes i know they have good years every now and then but they have big numbers of boys and good stock in terms of natural talent. SO why are they consistently poor? Inadequate coaching at the top levels maybe? Who knows? And as to Grammar their problems are well documented - hard to be competitive when the school places little emphasis on sport...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The name of the No NSW Schools team in 2011 U16 Championsips? thread has been changed to NSW Under 16s 2011.

Some recent posts on U/16 matters have been moved there.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
No offence Spewn - but Shore, and Grammar in particular don't really threaten that much. If they did i am sure that there would be more written about them.

IMO For a school of its size and facilties etc Shore are massive underachievers. They should be turning out much better 1st Xvs than they do. Yes i know they have good years every now and then but they have big numbers of boys and good stock in terms of natural talent. SO why are they consistently poor? Inadequate coaching at the top levels maybe? Who knows? And as to Grammar their problems are well documented - hard to be competitive when the school places little emphasis on sport...

Yes. I know it is hard to get some enthusiasm up when they don't threaten that often. I would still like to read some stuff about them now and again. Wishful thinking perhaps. I agree with your comments about Shore. So much depth and not enough to show for it. For Grammar just a win against the odds every now and then would be good.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Does any of the Joeys contingent on here know what the status on the injuries are? Can someone from Joeys post a team list?

I was really impressed with the young fellas that played against New last week. Are they still in the side this week to face arch rivals View? I might try and get out to Hunters Hill to see how they go. If they play like they did last week i think they might give Riverview a bit of a shock.
I can tell you that the young halfback Curtain who did not play last week against New will not be able to play untill next term. Also in the backline one of the wingers Andrew Hookey is back in 2nds and Mcarthy the inside is up in to the 1sts playing at inside with the rest of the backline shifting along one position.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Yes. I know it is hard to get some enthusiasm up when they don't threaten that often. I would still like to read some stuff about them now and again. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Spewn, I would be happy to read about them. The challenge is that we need someone to go and watch them to write up a report.

Anyone keen to do so? Bueller... Bueller.... Bueller?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Dermo & LG,

Where are Joey's major strength's? (apart from LeLivre at 15)
One of the props,Tom Robertson, who recently came up from 2nds is a great runner of the ball, he scored 5 tries in 2 games for the seconds including a hatrick against Kings. Also the captain Kovacic is a hard runner and they have some speed on the wings, But they definatly rely alot on LeLivre's massive boot quite alot.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Joeys don't have a lot of stars though some of them may be next year, or the year after.

Le Lievre is the only player likely to be in the GPS Ones, and Kovacic could make the Twos. Agree about Robertson, who I have mentioned before.

But some of these players are so young that they could step up during the season. We've all seen that before.

B

baldingwingforward

I heard today that MacDonald the New number 10 has broken his hand and is out for quite a while. Anyone from New (Blindside) care to confirm of deny? Huge blow for them if its true. Lussick is good but he will get eaten up playing at 10 against a good side, also creates a problem for them at 9...

Status
Not open for further replies.