• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unclechester

Sat 28-May

Rugby Trials
SHORE v TKS
SJC v SIC
NC v TSC
TAS v SGS
SHS v StStanislaus

R

Richm8nd

Does anyone have any views on the result of the Joeys vs View trial game this weekend?

B

bighughie

Riverview have a far better team on paper, and have been performing well all season, My tip is a Riverview win by 15.
But it is only a trial, it's the comp game that matters

I

International Badboy

since when have joeys ever let that faze them 21-20
please footy 13, you can't expect a schoolboy team to pull that off every year

O

ohh

Alot of talk about the riverview 19 and 8 any one know names? or seen them in action? And also in saying that what about the 15 for joeys i here his boot is massive and is having a great season?

thoughts?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
The 8 is Michael Wells
18 I'm unsure, he wasn't in the program. A guy watching it next to me said that he played in that jersey last week as well...

O

ohh

Maybe he is listed in the program at another number? And view are missing a jersey? What position does he play.
And very much looking forward to watching Michael Wells in action, he's a tremendous asset to GPS rugby.

B

boophilus

View replacement 19 name is Conor Barnes i think - played 16a's last year

R

Richm8nd

Riverview have a far better team on paper, and have been performing well all season, My tip is a Riverview win by 15.
But it is only a trial, it's the comp game that matters

bighughie you are obviosley a riverveiw boy, and i wonder have you even seen Joeys play this year?
I have, and i have also seen Veiw play and i really can't see them beating Joeys in this trial game.

If joeys only lost to the favourites Newington by a close 10, does this mean your also tipping Veiw for the title this year.

B

blackmeko

Sorry, I disagree... Whilst technically he was good, on a number of occasions the New players ran straight over the top of him. The same, to a lesser degree, could possibly be said of young Lussick the New half back. Too small and under developed at this age and level. The teachers and coaches have a duty of care to these boys. Both talented footballers, but both could be seriously hurt if they carry on playing First XV this season.

I agree. Deegan is no doubt talented and comes from Gordon Rep team along the way-but when you think about it he was only in year 9 last year playing 15A's-so a big step up and should be allowed to develop.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
bighughie you are obviosley a riverveiw boy, and i wonder have you even seen Joeys play this year?
I have, and i have also seen Veiw play and i really can't see them beating Joeys in this trial game.

If joeys only lost to the favourites Newington by a close 10, does this mean your also tipping Veiw for the title this year.

I havent seen New play but I think View are definitely title contenders. Im not saying they are favourites, obviously New deserves that title but they must be viewed as New's toughest opponent on the results thus far.

I also havent seen Joey's yet but they will find it pretty tough to beat View at home this year(in the season)...

J

jaydenkrieg

does anyone else thing joeys should only play view in a comp game

M

muut

no not really because thats pretty much the whole point of a trial game, in seeing what the opposition is like 0. o

B

baldingwingforward

View replacement 19 name is Conor Barnes i think - played 16a's last year

Just to put everyone out of their misery... The quade cooper look alike for View who plays at 15 is Michael Edwards. I asked some contacts why he is wearing 19 and apparently there is no 15 jumper because it got cut off an injured player.

Connor Barnes is a prop...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks Balding Forward.

In regards to the View Prop's, number 3 was an absolute monster. He was the biggest bloke on the paddock last week and would not look out of place (in terms of size) playing first grade somewhere. Good work rate around the field as well.

If i still have the program, ill see if that is the prop you talk of.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
And then there's 3. Ala'alatoa from New, who one could describe in the same manner. Seems that GPS will not be troubled finding large THPs who are also footie players.

Status
Not open for further replies.