• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hi Lee

Thanks for your report on the View vs Joeys match. This is the first time i have been at the same game as you so i will correct you on a couple of things...

1. Not sure how you arrived at that opinion on Tooth. Are you sure you were watching the right player? He only touched the ball a couple of times and he went of injured just after half time. I thought Vaux at 10 was their best back.

2. And as to your comment about New beating View in the trials.... They haven't played each other yet!!r

Oops

1. I was thinking of the New v Kings where New clocked off by all reports. Should have looked it up.

2. It was the 14. in my programme that I made a note about and that was Tooth, though I could have written the note against the wrong name as I don't know the lad by sight. Shaggy hair and slippery? Maybe it's a dud assessment though. Vaux was pretty handy.

I

International Badboy

He has to expect it though? i mean if there was a kid 2 years younger than men playing flyhalf on the opposite team, i would go out of my way to hurt him, maybe shake his confidence a bit and put him on the back foot

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
He has to expect it though? i mean if there was a kid 2 years younger than men playing flyhalf on the opposite team, i would go out of my way to hurt him, maybe shake his confidence a bit and put him on the back foot

Each team has tried to run through him as an easy hole, even the newington monsters and each time the technique and aggresion of deegan has slowed them down, the easiest option definately does not lie through the #10

M

magpie52

Can anyone who was at the New v Scots game tell me whether Mark Baldwin played ?

And Magpie52 ... as a bloke who spent his youth banging the metal fence at Lidcombe baying for silvertail blood ... you're name gives me a warm inner glow.
For anyone outside the loop 1952 was the year the Western Suburbs Magpies last won the premiership.

B

blackmeko

I would say welcome to the firsts. The other year 10 player Pennisi in number 6 could not keep his opponent out as well- View number 6 scored a dominating hat trick!

Each team has tried to run through him as an easy hole, even the newington monsters and each time the technique and aggresion of deegan has slowed them down, the easiest option definately does not lie through the #10

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
The view #6 had trouble with Pennisi as well, with the year 10 making a 22 metre run and being stopped out of desperation from the view fullback before the line. Enough about Joeys View, what happend with Scots v Newington, is it true they have brought up a year 10 also?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
While View are shaping up as real contenders, that could all be stopped very quickly this weekend. The deciding factor could be that the game is at New.

To those in the know, does playing at home make a significant difference to New? Do they have a strong record there? How have View fared there in the past?

G

Good rugby fan

The new /view game could be very interesting, 7 baldwin should back this week but 10 has gone and so could 2. It will all depends on what the 9/10 combination is for newington. Last week they really struggled with good quick ball out to their backs and they didn't really have the defense in that area either, so if they not lift their game I think View would win. Scots played excellent rugby and deserve their win, their backs had great combination while their forwards worked hard so if they play like that again I think they'll taste victory too.

I

It's Cerese not Pink

Yes it is true that Scots have bought in a Year 10 kid - despite last week I heard that the head of sport at Scots claimed they wouldn't this year (because he wanted to nuture their very good 16A team and keep them together).

But they couldn't resist with this kid and he is an absolute "Freak"...His name is Andrew Kellaway and he is still 15yo (turns 16 in October). He has been on the ARU talent program for over a year now. I have seen this kid play since he was 10yo for Hunters Hill Juniors. He is an excitement machine and a natural talent. Preferred position is Fullback but can play 11,12,13,14. (extremely fast, skillful and full of confidence - can kick too)

I was at Joeys-Riv game but I heard Kellaway scored a try on debut on Sat for Scots...Trust me, you will be hearing a lot more about him. You can't miss him on the field as he is a Ranga.

His unidentical twin brother Nick Kellaway is a great player too but has a broken wrist at the moment.

Jack Dempsey was impressive for View.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
This thread has been fairly good so far, but just a reminder that if you carry on like a 13 year old peanut (eg talking about the Riverview 5ths, or making stupid personal comments about players) you will be banned.

Just ask redman17 and jbwilliams.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes it is true that Scots have bought in a Year 10 kid - despite last week I heard that the head of sport at Scots claimed they wouldn't this year (because he wanted to nuture their very good 16A team and keep them together).

But they couldn't resist with this kid and he is an absolute "Freak"...His name is Andrew Kellaway and he is still 15yo (turns 16 in October). He has been on the ARU talent program for over a year now. I have seen this kid play since he was 10yo for Hunters Hill Juniors. He is an excitement machine and a natural talent. Preferred position is Fullback but can play 11,12,13,14. (extremely fast, skillful and full of confidence - can kick too)

I was at Joeys-Riv game but I heard Kellaway scored a try on debut on Sat for Scots...Trust me, you will be hearing a lot more about him. You can't miss him on the field as he is a Ranga.

His unidentical twin brother Nick Kellaway is a great player too but has a broken wrist at the moment.

Jack Dempsey was impressive for View.

Perhaps not so much nowadays, but in Qld it used to be fairly common for 15 yo's to play First XV and often representative football in the opens for Qld/Australian schools.

From my old school, I can remember Anthony Herbert playing a test for Australian schools whilst still 15, and others like Michael Lynagh and Elton Flatley had similar records .

Mind you, with the Polynesian influence and far greater emphasis on size becoming prevalent over the past 10 years or so, I don't think we will be seeing many more 15/16 yo's at the top level (certainly not in the forwards).

You still love to see the really young guns like Kurtley and Kellaway go around though.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)

Where did this kid come from? Sounds like a new Kurtley Beale. Im excited to see him play. Was he the big difference against New last weekend?

M

muffinman

in my opinion, any team which is beaten this weekend will not have the determination to win the shield this year

M

muffinman

i dont think you can compare any one to the talent of kurtley beale. i know andy kellaway and hes not kurtley. but hes not far from it

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Where did this kid come from? Sounds like a new Kurtley Beale. Im excited to see him play. Was he the big difference against New last weekend?

Kellaway's been on the ARU radar for a number of years. He's a member of the ARU's NSW JGS squad and was also in the Sydney and NSW U15 teams last year. Has a huge future ahead of him.

B

baldingwingforward

No offence Cerise... But if you think playing 2nd division subbies is good rugby then you need to get out more. If these boys were any good they would be playing Premiership 1st Grade or higher.

I've seen Kellaway play - he's not bad but comparing him to Kurtley Beale is setting him up for a fall! Shame he's at Scots as they probably won't be able to produce a team for him to shine in.

Status
Not open for further replies.