• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TigersFan5

yeah deegan will, davis can have pats spot but then they might not go as well because yeah curtain is a freak

Again all open to opinion but extreme examples like "yeah, curtin is a freak" is unthinkable mate, keep on truckin however, i know of people that have played along side this curtin fellow, i do not see him posing a threat, Davis or Short it will be

G

God!

yeah they might make it, but davis will make it over short because david has better form and brings it every week

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not what was said after scots vs newington game...
The 7 was a red head, dont know if that is Baldwin, but he was shocking and other sources confirm this

Said by who ?

And no it wasn't Baldwin ? How do you define shocking ?

T

TigersFan5

Said by who ?

And no it wasn't Baldwin ? How do you define shocking ?

Said by the people i speak to that are out there watching each game.

And he had poor game, maybe more that the scots back rowers ( 7 and 8) were all over him. But he didnt make any tackles one on one, looked like he knew what he was doing, but personally, he wasn't 1st XV material, let alone 2nd's

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Said by the people i speak to that are out there watching each game.

And he had poor game, maybe more that the scots back rowers ( 7 and 8) were all over him. But he didnt make any tackles one on one, looked like he knew what he was doing, but personally, he wasn't 1st XV material, let alone 2nd's

Did you watch yourself ? Or are you reliant on info from Scots people ? Not a dig, just interested...

T

TigersFan5

Did you watch yourself ? Or are you reliant on info from Scots people ? Not a dig, just interested...
No i quote this from Newington parents and the Scots parents. And i watched the last part of the game.

T

TigersFan5

What were you doing in the showers all that time after the end of 14 Cs ?

Come on mate, that needed?
Scots romped on Newingotn, the 7 for new played a poor game, 7 from scots had a wonderful game and 8 wasnt far behind him either
13 for new and same with 11 where the stand out

Q

QuadeCooperFan

all of this is irrelevant because Baldwin wasn't playing!

Guarantee you he will make GPS 1s.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Come on mate, that needed?
Scots romped on Newingotn, the 7 for new played a poor game, 7 from scots had a wonderful game and 8 wasnt far behind him either
13 for new and same with 11 where the stand out

Good job you worked all that out during the last part of the game ! Don't take it personally sweet cheeks...

B

baldingwingforward

all of this is irrelevant because Baldwin wasn't playing!

Guarantee you he will make GPS 1s.

Quade - i'm a total neutral in this argument, but i think Walters will get over the top of Baldwin. They are similar players but i just think that Walters is a bit quicker and offers a little bit more in attack. Baldwin is good if the team is going to play tighter (like Newington do). Walters can do that but can also play wider.

One thing is for sure - there will be some really tough picks for the GPS backrow.

If it were me picking it it would be:

GPS 1s
6 Dempsey
7 Walters
8 Wells

and GPS 2s
6 Oscar Prior Lees
7 Baldwin
8 Miller

But i'm not a selector...

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mate, your just trying to figure out why your so called "crash hot team" got romped by a scots outfit that you arrogant boys thought would romp all over. Well sometimes having spent thousands and thousands of dollars on buying people doesnt work. How many scolarships do you think the people at newington have given out in the past year??

Let's get this straight Tigger... New are not MY "crash hot team"... I don't watch too much school rugby, but what I have seen suggests a quality New side, with a bloody good back row. I am not seeing things through the same Navy and Gold tinted glasses as yourself...

The 7 you are referring to I know from club rugby to be top draw. Your claims to have seen, not seen, been caught with soap in your eyes and a prod from a large loofah are inconsistent to say the least and suggest that your commentary is somewhat tarnished by the cause you are trying to promote.

Which is all fine, just don't pretend different.

T

TigersFan5

Quade - i'm a total neutral in this argument, but i think Walters will get over the top of Baldwin. They are similar players but i just think that Walters is a bit quicker and offers a little bit more in attack. Baldwin is good if the team is going to play tighter (like Newington do). Walters can do that but can also play wider.

One thing is for sure - there will be some really tough picks for the GPS backrow.

GPS 1s
6 Dempsey
7 Walters
8 Wells

and GPS 2s
6 Oscar Prior Lees
7 Baldwin
8 Miller

Like this thought Baldwingforward, wells vs miller will be a good battle, but i think wells will get it.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

GPS 1s
6 Dempsey
7 Walters
8 Wells

and GPS 2s
6 Oscar Prior Lees
7 Baldwin
8 Miller

Do you rate Whiteley from View or Moylan from Kings at all?

T

TigersFan5

Let's get this straight Tigger... New are not MY "crash hot team"... I don't watch too much school rugby, but what I have seen suggests a quality New side, with a bloody good back row. I am not seeing things through the same Navy and Gold tinted glasses as yourself...

The 7 you are referring to I know from club rugby to be top draw. Your claims to have seen, not seen, been caught with soap in your eyes and a prod from a large loofah are inconsistent to say the least and suggest that your commentary is somewhat tarnished by the cause you are trying to promote.

Which is all fine, just don't pretend different.

Never said he was a bad player, and if i did i relinquish that earlier comment if i did, but after the way he played under pressure on saturday, i think he wasnt 1st XV standard. Might have played some good footy previously, dont doubt that, you need to be playing good footy to be selected in any 1st XV side, but scots vs newington game wasnt one he was performing his best in

A

attack21

with the gps teams being named this week anyone wanna name some possible sides?

B

baldingwingforward

with the gps teams being named this week anyone wanna name some possible sides?

Not this week mate - not until after Rnd 2, which allowing for the long weekend is 3 weeks away... Plenty of time yet.

Quade - Yes Whiteley is good, but not good enough to get ahead of the other guys mentioned. Don't know the Moylan.

TigersFan - aka Scots boy. Miller is good but he had got nothing on Wells. If you saw the View Scots game you would have seen him get shown up somewhat by Wells, but then again Kent from Kings got picked in GPS 1s last year when he was probably the 3rd best player out of Luani Wells and Kent.

However - You just never know what the selectors will come up with - because TBH some of them have very little idea about what they should actually be looking for and how to select properly, but don't start me on that one!

T

TigersFan5

Not this week mate - not until after Rnd 2, which allowing for the long weekend is 3 weeks away... Plenty of time yet.

Quade - Yes Whiteley is good, but not good enough to get ahead of the other guys mentioned. Don't know the Moylan.

TigersFan - aka Scots boy. Miller is good but he had got nothing on Wells. If you saw the View Scots game you would have seen him get shown up somewhat by Wells, but then again Kent from Kings got picked in GPS 1s last year when he was probably the 3rd best player out of Luani Wells and Kent.

However - You just never know what the selectors will come up with - because TBH some of them have very little idea about what they should actually be looking for and how to select properly, but don't start me on that one!

I agree mate, you have said it right, apart from being a scots boy.
Wells is the better player, i have heard that miller is ruthless though and plays some of the best footy going around.
but i do think wells will get it over miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.