• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blackmeko

One player does not make a team and both Joeys firsts and seconds will struggle this year. Out of a squad of 30 they only have 11 year 12 boys on the paddock and would prefer to run the gaunlet with younger players-with 5 of these players being new to the school. I predict that they will loose more games then they will win.
the hits on joe boys were late and unlawful, also its a complete joke the made a fool out of themselves

T

TigersFan5

As Tiger said Muffin - none of the hits were late or illegal. If they were the referee would have penalised them. Deegan is a good player but he takes too long on the ball. Against a good backrow you don't get that time... As the View boys showed if you hold the ball expect to get belted! Could be a similar scenario for Lussick this weekend...

Here here baldingwingforward, to true on the both of them.

T

TigersFan5

Even though the Joey's 10 was crunched a few times, the fact that he got up and continued playing speaks volume for his character. I wouldn't want to be the player from view responsible for containing him in 3 years time.
This is true, however, he will be on the radar of all the contenders, not to mention the schools buying in 5/8's.

B

baldingwingforward

Can anyone post team Line ups for this weekend for Riverview or Newington?

Hopefully i will get out to this game for a look - should be a cracker. I know that both teams have had injury problems - can anyone confirm the starting lineups and where the big clashes will be?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Can anyone post team Line ups for this weekend for Riverview or Newington?

Hopefully i will get out to this game for a look - should be a cracker. I know that both teams have had injury problems - can anyone confirm the starting lineups and where the big clashes will be?
The game will definatly be won in the forwards and in particular how View's quality backrow deal with New's massive props.

T

The Blindside

New v Riverview

The game will definatly be won in the forwards and in particular how View's quality backrow deal with New's massive props.

The New 1st XV to play Shore is:

1. A. Ala'alatoa (c)
2. D. Vea
3. E. Amituani
4. A. Vlahos
5. M. Whyman
6. O. Prior-Lees
7. M. Baldwin
8. J. Morris
9. O. Smyth
10. J. Lussick
11. C. Vlahos
12. J. Pennington
13. B. Roods
14. N. Roye
15. T. Vrachnas

Pretty much a full strength squad as only McDonald (fly half) will return this season from injury.

The inclusion of David Vea (NSW Under 16s) as hooker gives New a massive front row. God help View at scrum time.

The backrow battle will be a cracker as Baldwin and Prior-Lees go head to head with Dempsey and Wells. Could well decide the outcome of the game.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Has Tepai disappeared off the face of the earth or something? Where is he at? Is he still injured, or is he playings 2s or 16As or what?

T

TigersFan5

1. A. Ala'alatoa (c)
2. D. Vea
3. E. Amituani
4. A. Vlahos
5. M. Whyman
6. O. Prior-Lees
7. M. Baldwin
8. J. Morris
9. O. Smyth
10. J. Lussick
11. C. Vlahos
12. J. Pennington
13. B. Roods
14. N. Roye
15. T. Vrachnas

Pretty much a full strength squad as only McDonald (fly half) will return this season from injury.

The inclusion of David Vea (NSW Under 16s) as hooker gives New a massive front row. God help View at scrum time.

The backrow battle will be a cracker as Baldwin and Prior-Lees go head to head with Dempsey and Wells. Could well decide the outcome of the game.

Pretty Close but i think its.
1. A. Ala'alatoa (c)
2. D. Vea
3. E. Amituani
4. C. Vlahos
5. M. Whyman
6. O. Prior-Lees
7. M. Baldwin
8. D. Morris
9. O. Smyth
10. J. Lussick
11. A. Vlahos
12. J. Pennington
13. B. Roods
14. N. Roye
15. T. Vrachnas

David Morris is at 8, Chris and Alex are the Vlahos Brothers, Chris is the Forward (4) and Alex is the Back (11)

T

TigersFan5

Has Tepai disappeared off the face of the earth or something? Where is he at? Is he still injured, or is he playings 2s or 16As or what?

Tepai is playing 16 A's apprently his mother doesn't want him playing 1st's

B

baldingwingforward

1. A. Ala'alatoa (c)
2. D. Vea
3. E. Amituani
4. A. Vlahos
5. M. Whyman
6. O. Prior-Lees
7. M. Baldwin
8. J. Morris
9. O. Smyth
10. J. Lussick
11. C. Vlahos
12. J. Pennington
13. B. Roods
14. N. Roye
15. T. Vrachnas

Having a massive front row doesn't mean that they scrummage well... Lets see how they are going in the last 10 minutes of the 1st half and the last 15 of the 2nd. Esra's fitness is terrible.

For me the weak links are 2, 5, 8, 9, 10 and 12 in defence. Typical leaguey - Scots showed him up badly last week with decoy runners and he had no idea. Wells and Dempsey are better than Baldwin and Prior-Lees and the 7 for view is very underrated - meaning their collective backrow will be much stronger than News. 9 and 10 for New will struggle - expect Lussick to get A LOT of attention.

Should be a cracking match!

I will look forward to the reports on here tomorrow evening. Always interesting to compare what people see compared to how i see the game. May the best team win...

I

International Badboy

i expect View are going to use Dempsey again to truck it up the flyhalf Channel again, i'm tipping a close first half with the View Backrow pounding away at the New Props and 9 and 10 (tiring 10 out not thus nothing left for attack) or hoping to frustrate the young flyhalf, Newington looking to their strength in 13 Roods to get the job done, 2nd half is going to blow open at about the 50 minute mark with View playing like Joeys did 04-06 eg Running the other team off their feet

I think i might buy myself a lotto ticket while im at it

Q

QuadeCooperFan

so it seems View really is the team to beat. They got their biggest opponent out of the way early. Its gonna take some real mongrel from the other teams to topple them.

durkadurka

Peter Burge (5)
Joeys beat Shore 25-14. 2nds won as well. Field was a bog as usual. Good win for Scots though. I just hope they don't think they have won the comp after one game as they did in 2010. Tend to get ahead of themselves.

24-15 it was, thought Kovacic was outstanding gained metres consistently and won vital lineout ball on a few occasions. Shore's inside (and arguably their best) red carded just after/before Joeys hit the lead and Joeys never looked back.

I

It's Cerese not Pink

Joeys v Shore and info on Scots game

Joeys looked quite good considering there have been mumblings for over a year now (even within the school) that they would struggle to be competitive this year. Which is why they have looked to playing three Year 10 kids. I remember someone saying that Kurtley Beale was the first player in 27 years at Joeys to play from Y10 in First XV (I stand to be corrected though).

One Yellow and one Red card (spear tackle) for Joeys and one yellow (changed to Red) for Shore after giving lip to Ref for yellow.

The last try was scored by the big No 3 for Joeys with a 50m run down the blindside after a Shore error.

The long term future looks bright for Joeys with dominant wins by 13A's (who look untouchable), the 14A's (same), the 15A's won and not sure about 16A's?

Anyway, I am curious to hear more about Scots win over Kings. How did young 15yo Andy Kellaway play? Any tries or assists? Is he kicking for them yet?

T

The Blindside

New v View

A brutal games as both packs of forwards tore into each other. It was one try each with View taking better advantage of penalties to kick their way to victory.

The turning point was late in the first half as New camped in the View 22 and attached the line for about 10 minutes. The View defence was outstanding and twice New were held up over the line.

View scored two penalty goals early to lead 6-0. New struck back with a converted try to lead 7-6 at the break. View kicked another 2 penalties to lead by 12-7 and then scored a try late in the second half to win 17-7.

View were outstanding and they needed to be to get on top of a New team which again did not play very well, but is loaded full of talent.

The forward battles were brutal and honours were shared. In the end the game could have gone either way but View deserved the win as they were the more disciplined team.

Contrary to some opinions I think the comp is still open, although View have had a good start as have Scots. We may well end up with a three way joint premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom